Who is good and who is evil?

Users who are viewing this thread

UltimateCommander97 said:
Nah imperial guards leader are good as the soldiers in line, take General Sturn for example if you played Winter Assault, Im pretty sure there are leaders like him, about the Imperivm: Well depends on how you look at it, sources say it is the most poweful force on the universe, well of course close to the necrons, or the same tyranids who devour worlds. If you look you will understand the same faith, aristocracy and miss-information is what keeps the human empire in this dark universe, there is no way to avoid darkness in this universe and I think they are doing well for the moment, well not true, the inquisition is not under Chaos control, there is always someone faithfull on the Emperor like there are some who worship the Chaos gods. How would you react knowing that every corner of the galaxy had so many hostile races waiting to kill you,torture you, sacrifice or worse. Yes Horus heresy was a hard blast, but look now, they still managed to keep what little is left. The Imperivm will fall anyway, like other races.

well Arristocracy leads to decadence and  self-entitlement which i hate, see  Dawn of war II when that governor  left the planet to be destroyed while he ran his arse off.

And miss-information? i would like the know those dangers, better to die in ignorance? or to be prepared for the dangers ahead.
you can`t defend yourself against and enemy you don`t even know it exist.
The only chance for the Imperium of Man (as i see it) will be for it to shrink down, purge all the heresy in their ranks starting from top to bottom, get ride of the idiotic Worshiping of Machines and actualy start reverse-engeneering them,  because if you look at the concept of their empires it is like a feudal sistem on a larger scale, each planet does what the governor wants as long as he pays his tribute to the Council of Earth.
i find the Inquisition laughable, how many times did they not Purge a whole planet for Demonic Worshipping, and that Purge was actulay the plan of the Chaos gods, since that planet became their sacrifice?
They Battle the Eldar? why do they do that i wonder? since as i see it the Eldar do have their own agenda, but they fight against chaos, tyranids and orks, why not make an alliance with them?
the Tau Aswell... look why they fight the Tau, "because they enslave the machine spirit" /facepalm here
the Tau and Eldar could be possible allies, there are worse things than those 2, like Tyranids and their gene-stealers, chaos gods, enslavers, necrons, the old gods  (aparently the dark spheres are parts of an old god that was shattered into millions of pieces).

they even kill whole planets because the polulation of that given planet mutated to that planet enviroment.
Remember in Chaos Rising how the Blood Ravens were almost destroyed because their Greatest Hero started to worship the Chaos Gods? -.-

there is a saying "To  completely defeat ones enemy, ones must know the enemy better than himself" - or something along those lines.
yet the whole Imperium of Man directive is : Kill anything that is not like us, don`t bother to learn anything about it (even if it may destroy countless worlds of yours) and All hail our God Emperor  (which was against the teachings of the said emperor).

i mean how many people do you think would follow the chaos gods if they knew what would happen to them? why give the chance for them to be fooled by false promises, when you can just reveal them the truth and lower the chances of cults apearing ? :mad:

Alex the Seeker said:
Nah imperial guards leader are good as the soldiers in line, take General Sturn for example if you played Winter Assault, Im pretty sure there are leaders like him, about the Imperivm: Well depends on how you look at it, sources say it is the most poweful force on the universe, well of course close to the necrons, or the same tyranids who devour worlds. If you look you will understand the same faith, aristocracy and miss-information is what keeps the human empire in this dark universe, there is no way to avoid darkness in this universe and I think they are doing well for the moment, well not true, the inquisition is not under Chaos control, there is always someone faithfull on the Emperor like there are some who worship the Chaos gods. How would you react knowing that every corner of the galaxy had so many hostile races waiting to kill you,torture you, sacrifice or worse. Yes Horus heresy was a hard blast, but look now, they still managed to keep what little is left. The Imperivm will fall anyway, like other races.

well Arristocracy leads to decadence and  self-entitlement which i hate, see  Dawn of war II when that governor  left the planet to be destroyed while he ran his arse off.

And miss-information? i would like the know those dangers, better to die in ignorance? or to be prepared for the dangers ahead.
The only chance for the Imperium of Man (as i see it) will be for it to shrink down, purge all the heresy in their ranks starting from top to bottom, get ride of the idiotic Worshiping of Machines and actualy start reverse-engeneering them,  because if you look at the concept of their empires it is like a feudal sistem on a larger scale, each planet does what the governor wants as long as he pays his tribute to the Council of Earth.
i find the Inquisition laughable, how many times did they not Purge a whole planet for Demonic Worshipping, and that Purge was actulay the plan of the Chaos gods, since that planet became their sacrifice?
They Battle the Eldar? why do they do that i wonder? since as i see it the Eldar do have their own agenda, but they fight against chaos, tyranids and orks, why not make an alliance with them?
the Tau Aswell... look why they fight the Tau, "because they enslave the machine spirit" /facepalm here
the Tau and Eldar could be possible allies, there are worse things than those 2, like Tyranids and their gene-stealers, chaos gods, enslavers, necrons, the old gods  (aparently the dark spheres are parts of an old god that was shattered into millions of pieces).

they even kill whole planets because the polulation of that given planet mutated to that planet enviroment.
Remember in Chaos Rising how the Blood Ravens were almost destroyed because their Greatest Hero started to worship the Chaos Gods? -.-

there is a saying "To  completely defeat ones enemy, ones must know the enemy better than himself" - or something along those lines.
yet the whole Imperium of Man directive is : Kill anything that is not like us, don`t bother to learn anything about it (even if it may destroy countless worlds of yours) and All hail our God Emperor  (which was against the teachings of the said emperor).

i mean how many people do you think would follow the chaos gods if they knew what would happen to them? why give the chance for them to be fooled by false promises, when you can just reveal them the truth and lower the chances of cults apearing ? :mad:

Well the eldars are too arrogant to ally with us humans, on the other you are right about the Tau, and the eldars are the same idiots who gave birth to Slaanesh, instead of acting good with other races, they kill people for no reason and dissapear, heck they even would kill thousands of humans just to save one of them, they are not to be trusted, the Tau instead are more tollerable and even some humans live in their Empire. The Imperivm knows much about their enemies, I understand all shall know the threat but what could people do against these threats, leave it to the space marines chapters I say, sources say the Imperivm may need to change, but it is succeful at keeping the enemies of mankind away. What I do not understand is why Eldars keep annoying the humans if there are worse things to worry about. Im sure they are trying the best on purging the heretics on their ranks, I mean look at the Imperivm, if someone discovers you are a heretic they will burn you with no hesitation. About Chaos Rising could you explain who is the great hero, or are you talking about the primarch.

Alex the Seeker said:

Well the eldars are too arrogant to ally with us humans, on the other you are right about the Tau, and the eldars are the same idiots who gave birth to Slaanesh, instead of acting good with other races, they kill people for no reason and dissapear, heck they even would kill thousands of humans just to save one of them, they are not to be trusted, the Tau instead are more tollerable and even some humans live in their Empire. The Imperivm knows much about their enemies, I understand all shall know the threat but what could people do against these threats, leave it to the space marines chapters I say, sources say the Imperivm may need to change, but it is succeful at keeping the enemies of mankind away. What I do not understand is why Eldars keep annoying the humans if there are worse things to worry about. Im sure they are trying the best on purging the heretics on their ranks, I mean look at the Imperivm, if someone discovers you are a heretic they will burn you with no hesitation. About Chaos Rising could you explain who is the great hero, or are you talking about the primarch.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Azariah_Kyras  - quite a peculiar character this one

The Space Marines are too few to defend the whole Imperium of Man.
Regarding to knowing the threats, well for one you would reduce the chances for falling for Chaos Worshiping, since if you look at most non-soldiers that fall to the chaos side, they are fooled by the chaos gods with false promises.
Also what if instead of being drafted into the Imperial Guard and be sent to fight light years away with enemies you most likely never even heard about, would be told before about them, about the danger to the whole Imperium.
Holding back information never helps on the long run, since if it is found, the trust in the whole government/leadership will be shattered.
The Emperor will die anyway, since the Gold Throne is malfunctioning and the Tech Priests don`t know how to fix it.
Also the Tyranids are attracted to the Beacon that the Emperor emits - go figure that :smile:)
If i recall (might be wrong tho) they even found a few AIs since the Dark Ages, and the Tech Priests destroyed them, because " They are  the spawns of chaos", yeah go figure how much tech they could have gotten back.

Narrow-mindness and religious fanaticism will always destroy one-self.
Look at Horus, he was tricked by the Chaos.

regarding the eldar, well  remember what the Imperium always does when they meet a new race.... Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!
so yeah no wonder the eldar  backstab the humans, altho most can`t be called complete humans anyway ^_^
like the Tau are an amalgam of races :razz:

Knowledge, Science, Logic, and Loyalty those will save the Imperium, hopefully in future games we will witness that.
btw we should move this discussion to an Off-topic thread, since we sure derayled it a bit  :mrgreen:
glad to meet a fellow warhammer 40k entusiast  :oops:

Alex the Seeker said:
Alex the Seeker said:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Azariah_Kyras  - quite a peculiar character this one

The Space Marines are too few to defend the whole Imperium of Man.
Regarding to knowing the threats, well for one you would reduce the chances for falling for Chaos Worshiping, since if you look at most non-soldiers that fall to the chaos side, they are fooled by the chaos gods with false promises.
Also what if instead of being drafted into the Imperial Guard and be sent to fight light years away with enemies you most likely never even heard about, would be told before about them, about the danger to the whole Imperium.
Holding back information never helps on the long run, since if it is found, the trust in the whole government/leadership will be shattered.
The Emperor will die anyway, since the Gold Throne is malfunctioning and the Tech Priests don`t know how to fix it.
Also the Tyranids are attracted to the Beacon that the Emperor emits - go figure that :smile:)
If i recall (might be wrong tho) they even found a few AIs since the Dark Ages, and the Tech Priests destroyed them, because " They are  the spawns of chaos", yeah go figure how much tech they could have gotten back.

Narrow-mindness and religious fanaticism will always destroy one-self.
Look at Horus, he was tricked by the Chaos.

regarding the eldar, well  remember what the Imperium always does when they meet a new race.... Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!
so yeah no wonder the eldar  backstab the humans, altho most can`t be called complete humans anyway ^_^
like the Tau are an amalgam of races :razz:

Knowledge, Science, Logic, and Loyalty those will save the Imperium, hopefully in future games we will witness that.
btw we should move this discussion to an Off-topic thread, since we sure derayled it a bit  :mrgreen:
glad to meet a fellow warhammer 40k entusiast  :oops:

Man Im also glad to have someone who has pure knowledge of the Warhammer 40k universe, yeah I know the Emperor is destined to die, but why do people have theories about him being reborn; Im curious of what do you think of the theories.  Also I thought the Emperor had something to do with the warp,I would gladly support a Tau alliance, united they would have more chances. If mankind fails, or the universe itself fails, even Chaos is destined to fall, as they gain energy from mortal life.

Man Im also glad to have someone who has pure knowledge of the Warhammer 40k universe, yeah I know the Emperor is destined to die, but why do people have theories about him being reborn; Im curious of what do you think of the theories.  Also I thought the Emperor had something to do with the warp,I would gladly support a Tau alliance, united they would have more chances. If mankind fails, or the universe itself fails, even Chaos is destined to fall, as they gain energy from mortal life.

well all i can think about is that after he reunited the Primarchs (that were not corrupted by chaos) he went into his laboratory under his Palace on earth to  open the Eldar Webway for the Humans ("It was to be his Greatest gift to the Humans - implies he wasn`t human, and also can imply he was gonna leave", the Gold Throne was actualy the device he was working on to power the Webway.

he is also said to have been born from the power of all True Shamans in the ancient age of humans (aka the firsts Psykers), and he didn`t die of old age, had superior knowledge about everything from the Warp to Genetic Engeneering.
the funny thing is, that most ppl i talked to didn`t understand is that The Ancient age (in Warhammer 40k) was like this: Before the Ancient Age humans were Spacefaring, since they already colonised Mars = they had huge technological knowledge compared to the Imperium of Man, then some cataclysm happened and reverted the humans to a stone-age like level, he guided them from the shadows untill a point where he surfaced out with Thunder Warriors (the 1st space marines) and conquered the planet through diplomacy or through merciless war.

My theory is that he was/is a genetic engineered being made by the Previous Humans (like a fail safe if you`d like), since he doesn`t die of old age, and he has to much knowledge about everything, and his intellect was vastly superior to any known entity.

He wasn`t immortal considering he is now almost dead after the battle with Horus, but it makes you wonder if he already knew how things will go... or if he had a feeling/hint about stuff happening like this.

the thing about him  being remborn might be about the Golden Throne malfuncioning, i mean in the curent Imperium and most likely the curent known universe nobody knows exactly what that thing does or what other functions it has, since it was initialy made for powering up the WebWay, but then it became something like a life-support system (some food for thought here), and why does he need thousands of psykers sacrificed daily, how does that actualy work? (more things left un-answered), maybe the Golden Throne malfunctioning is an indication of the Emperor recovering? or he may have hid a Clone/Primarch (the primarchs were his sons) and when he finaly dies a clone/primarch will apear and continue his work?

and there are alot of un-answered questions... Where do the Tyranids come from?
Where do the Orks come from?
What do the Eldar hope to gain?
Where have the Old Gods went?
Where are the Makes of the Eldar? (funny story on how the makers of the eldar died, i literaly roflmao-ed)
What are the Necrons actualy? and why do they harvest the living?
What other mysteryes does the Warp hides? (like the Enslavers and the Dark Spheres)
Why do some in the Imperium say a great Change will come?
Why do more and more psykers apear? (aparently the % of Psykers is incrasing constantly)
What are the Dark Eldar, and the Dark Webway?
What do the chaos gods hope to gain? since as i see it if they don`t have negative emotions anymore they will cease to exist?
ps: @TLS - warhammer 40k is a great universe mate, plus i`m a jack of all trades so my interests are unlimited  :razz:

Lord of Shadows said:
I think you guys got a little bit too much off-topic. :lol:

yeah -.- atleast we had the decency to use "spoilet" so it is only optional if people want to read it or not -.-

geh sorry found another warhammer 40k entusiast  :oops: (kinda hard to come by any game/books entusiast from where i am)

Alex the Seeker said:
Lord of Shadows said:
I think you guys got a little bit too much off-topic. :lol:

yeah -.- atleast we had the decency to use "spoilet" so it is only optional if people want to read it or not -.-

geh sorry found another warhammer 40k entusiast  :oops: (kinda hard to come by any game/books entusiast from where i am)

I hear ya mate, when I told my friends about W4k they were like: Wut is Warhemma, the only fantasy they know is WoW or LoTR.

haha atleast yer lucky, if i go outside and mention any fantasy universe/videogame/book/movie, the universal reaction " AN ALIEN!!!!!!!!!! QUICK KILL IT WITH FIRE AND STICKS"

Alex the Seeker said:

haha atleast yer lucky, if i go outside and mention any fantasy universe/videogame/book/movie, the universal reaction " AN ALIEN!!!!!!!!!! QUICK KILL IT WITH FIRE AND STICKS"

That also happened ahaha, dayum why there are so many uncultured pricks  :lol:

There is a clear "good" though often hard to define in a wargame. Its a sandbox right, so everyone can define their own good and bad. It's not the same as in real life though, most "bad" people know they are doing something bad. They may not say it publicly but i'm sure they aren't stupid.

Being good is trying everything in your power to not harm other people or even help other people.

Btw, talk about being kind and stuff, here is why:

ab5PP4O_700b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom