Battle of Clontarf? Future events

Users who are viewing this thread

Celtichugs said:
Lainncli said:
We would be friends, had you not called me an Irishman... :p

(Hint: That other Gaelic country, the one with a bit of water between it and Ireland)

HEAD DESK

An siud gun a Gàidhlig?

Not that anyone speaks Scots Gaelic, but still.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
What are you doing?

At least one of them appears to be making love with some paper, placed on his desk. Or perhaps that's a desk-condom, I'm not knowledgeable about such... areas of other's sexual life.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Half finished ideas don't work.
Hey look! Another new guy who has a **** ton of 'smart ideas'.

(Just kidding)

(Not really?)

But I too have many smart ideas. The Baltic-Finn faction and blue tunics are a must!

Anyways, any ideas then? Preferably about possible battles to be recreated, as opposed to naming my personal retinues...

Well, if you want to do Clontarf at some point in the near future, and considering we had Goídil at Sulcoit and Brunanburh (2 out of the last 4 events), I'd suggest using a completely different setting before that.

Like Maldon or something.
*whistles innocently*

hrotha said:
Well, if you want to do Clontarf at some point in the near future, and considering we had Goídil at Sulcoit and Brunanburh (2 out of the last 4 events), I'd suggest using a completely different setting before that.

*whistles innocently*

Ooh, Maldon, why didn't I think of that. Would be really interesting with the Vikings having to cross the causeway and everything, or get caught assaulting a narrow and well defended strip of land. Not sure whether that would result in forcing leaders to think creatively, or just make for a bloodbath, but would be good either way :p

The battle seems well recorded as well, at least from the Saxon point of view, and the battle ground is largely untouched to this day - Perhaps the length and width of the causeway might have changed with the tides around it, but it's fairly clear to see where the battle was fought.

hrotha said:

*whistles innocently*

Hroða arranges Battle of Maldon.

The way I see it, the two most suitable battles for a historical battle right now would be Maldon or Assandun.

Back
Top Bottom