Bug: 5 deserters beat 30+ army

Users who are viewing this thread

EuchreJack

Recruit
From what I can tell, 5 deserters beat a 20+ army.  I'm not certain how many were in the army, but apparently the deserters recruited the prisoners, as the deserter army is now 90 strong.

fekowz.jpg

They do that periodically. it's no specific to this mod. I've seen a group of forest bandits with over 231 members (mostly including swadian, vaegir, and nord elite units, that wiped out most of Swadia's military and even captured several of their lords) in an unmodded native game.

It is fairly rare-ish though, since out 900+ hours of single player I've only seen it happen about 11 times, and I've seen it occur in native, diplomacy, Silverstag, Gekokujo, and brytenwalda.

well look at it. 5 deserters. 20+ army (i assume 20 vassals?) that may be a bug or everyone was wounded.

It happens over time. they'll occasionally recruit from their prisoners, and then those prisoners upgrade over time, and if the stars align just right, they'll survive long enough to build up into a monster collection of units.

I know roughly why it happens. As you go up in level, the sizes that bandit armies can be also increases, and if they've survived a long time, they'll start recruiting prisoners to fill up their ranks up to that limit. Where as entirely new spawns are simply given the appropriate types of bandits, and will only occasionally begin recruiting if they lose a bunch of units and aren't completely wiped out (which is usually what happens).

It's not that rare to see bandits that have a few non-bandit units, but it is rare for them to survive long enough to turn into massive armies like those.

And you can see by the caravan guards, that they've clearly been getting prisoners from caravans, which also include some faction troops.

Also...bandits have no where to drop off prisoners (they don't seem to drop them off at bandit camps), so they keep all their prisoners they've ever captured until killed or they recruit them all.

Back
Top Bottom