Bugs list for update:?

Users who are viewing this thread

Probably no. But I cannot help wishing that he kept working on this mod because it is really great, and even the greatest for me.
Thank you Dr.Thomas again for making it possible for us to have this wonderful experience!

I see  :cry: Well, if nothing else but it would be desireable to fix the archers at sieges and the auto garrisson at least.

DrTomas said:
Arszi said:
Did I miss something?  :shock: Have DrThomas, the bane of peasants returned for a final bugfix?  :shock:
I'm so high and mighty right now, that I don't answer to any peasant questions  :mrgreen:
how about a supplication then? :mrgreen: would your Lordship consider implementing "wait here for some time" option for manors (the same as it functions for villages, castles...), and make hall chests function properly, please?

In siege scene of an other type of western european castle during the fight int the streets some men get traped behind the horse and the cart . Not exactly game breaking but still... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=273000183 

I'm currently working as a mercenary for Lithuania, and just helped them take Kiev from the Golden Horde. Immediately after the battle ended, I notice that the Lithuanians apparently attack their own new city (shows crossed swords, makes battle noises when I'm nearby, and shows that a Lithuanian-vs-Lithuanian battle is taking place when I mouse over the city), though seemingly without causing any casualties. The city also still has the "Under Siege" flag for a bit after the battle ends; are these some sort of minor bugs, or just a mechanic that I'm not familiar with from native/other mods?

Durning siege, Kiev and other towns with interior like this one have bugged respawn at last for me, some defenders troops spawn behind houses behind a invisibile ,,wall" (this blocked side of town where you can't go becasue battelfield would be just too big)where any troops and my hero itself can't get there, so the only way to end siege is to shoot them but what if someone don't have archers or every of them died or don't have any arrows/bolts/bow/crossbow) left .I's worst when you'r dead and can't control anymore any of troops becasue their too stupid to use their brain and move a bit to the righ  and start shooting... so they just run to the wall of that one house behnd which stands bugged enemies and both sides can't kill each other... here goes never ending siege or inglorious retreat which hopefully will help and they'll surrender or spawn somewhere else.

I don't know if this is the official bug reporting thread, but I've noticed a couple of things: Byzantine Helmet icon (item 630) is flipped, Kettle Helmet (item 66:cool: is invisible, Eastern Infantry Helmet (item 1033) is flipped, there's also a large amount of helmets that have clipping issues with beards, and some gaelic troops have a habit of having the short armor but no leggings, so they have invisible upper legs. The London siege is bugged, half the defenders spawn in the water.

This isn't a bug but there's an item mesh called guisarme_a in the .brf folder for 1257, but it's not utilized in game. I was curious because it's a very fitting weapon for this time period.

Hi, I am a reasonably new player of Mount & Blade Warband, being a long-time Linux user and only recently finding the M&B:W beta available on Steam.

I am not exactly sure where this may be most relevant (I'm a little confused as to which version is currently being worked / bugreported... 0.97 beta from SVN or 1.03 Kill the Peasants edition)

For what it is worth, this post refers to the 1.03 KTP edition, which performs much better for me than the SVN 0.97 beta

I'd like to make it clear that I find this mod to be quite magnificent, and it performs *almost* flawlessly on my Ubuntu 12.04 rig.

Also, thanks with all my heart for making a .exe file that can be unpacked in *nix with 7zip :smile:

I am aware that mods for M&B:W are primarily Windows oriented, so I hope I am not providing info that is unwelcome.

I have only seen a couple of (mildly) immersion-breaking posts to the on-screen info, a DEBUG message occasionally when entering a tavern telling me that a Ransom Broker is present at entrance 19 or 20 (or some such), also a similar DEBUG message when bandits spawn at the beginning of a bring back the kidnapped girl mission.

It's not like I don't *really* know I'm playing a game so no big deal there.

I also experienced a couple of error messages, as follows.

When I paid the ransom for a kidnapped girl and she joined my party, it spawned the following:

SCRIPTERROR ON OPCODE 2204: Invalid Party ID: 2271;LINE NO: 165:
At Game menu menu_simple_encounter
At Game menu menu_simple_encounter

While travelling on the map screen I saw the following:

SCRIPTERROR ON OPCODE 1610: Invalid Troop ID: 3632;LINE NO: 8:
At script: cf_recruit_individual_merc.
At script: hire_men_to_kingdom_hero_party.
At Simple trigger trigger no: 22.

I have taken screenshots of both these events if needed.
These may be Linux-specific issues if there is some upper/lower case differences when referencing the same things.

These errors don't appear to have had any negative impact on my game, the girl travelled with the party and the mission completed successfully.

Perhaps someone else can enlighten me as to possible consequences of the second error... I'm thinking maybe no "Named" characters will spawn for me to recruit as companions? (purely guessing)

When it comes to the menus, some will appear as I believe they are meant to, for example when visiting a Looted village, the menu screen will show the medieval image pic_looted_village.dds

Also the tournament screen will show the pencil drawing of the knight with outstretched arm to the crowd correctly (haven't been able to find that actual image yet though)

However, unfortunately when visiting a town my screen will look like this (rather than lag the page with hotlink images, I'll just post the links):

http://s18.postimg.org/999y9yoyx/Menu_old.jpg

I did have some success using GIMP to edit the pic_cataholic_town.dds and adding a new alpha layer mask, but it isn't ideal.

So my easy-fix for this was to simply "steal" the pic_town1.dds from the vanilla/native M&B:W textures folder, paste it into the 1257AD_1.03 textures folder, and rename it to pic_cataholic_town.dds

resulting in this:

http://s1.postimg.org/4poaigfq7/Menu_new.jpg

I plan to replace other menu-screen black-boxes in a similar fashion, as I find them, it makes a huge difference for battle menus etc.

Hopefully I didn't take up too much of anyone's time and that this is perhaps in some way valuable to others.

And truly, thank you to everyone involved in the creation of this mod, allowing my dreams of Bravehearting-it-up against Longshanks to become reality.

P.S. Similarly to hoboistice, I have noticed a Kettle Helmet being a pure-black silhouette, additionally I have noticed Nordic Sword and Nordic Axe to appear the same way.

Edit: I just realised that I have AD1257 mod installed via SVN from http://dev1257.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ (from http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,169881.0.html The New Subversion thread) NOT from http://anno1257.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ (from http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,307553.0.html The Final Version thread) Doh! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom