Server Hosting - Help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Shipwreck

Recruit
Hello, I'm in need of a little assistance.

My community is going to be taking part in the Shieldwall event this weekend and wish to get some practise in, they've asked me to get a server up for them and my server provider has attempted to. So far he has been unable to, he said it doesnt work like other mods.

Can a developer or anyone who knows, explain how to set a server to this module.

I appreciate it, thank you.

There is no Shieldwall Event this Sunday. It's just a standard Víkingr event, albeit much larger than a SWE.

As for hosting, I cannot help you yet, I'll need to ask the host of the SWE for advice and ask him to post here.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:
Yup.
Everything required to host Víkingr is held within the download. If you did not realise this, you should probably turn off the PC.

I understand that mate, however he is still struggling. If anyone could walk me through it I'd much appreciate it.

KickingJoub said:
Or for the simpplicity of things, let us contact your friend directly. Us being someone who knows what they're talking about.

Given up being the middle man and doing it myself now using FileZila, if anyone could post here or by PM exactly what it is I should be doing differently I'd greatly appreciate it.

Shipwreck said:
KickingJoub said:
Or for the simpplicity of things, let us contact your friend directly. Us being someone who knows what they're talking about.

Given up being the middle man and doing it myself now using FileZila, if anyone could post here or by PM exactly what it is I should be doing differently I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'll go on a limb here and say that it's an issue with setting up WSE. Though how to fix that should be explained somewhere already.

Dansk viking said:
I fiddled with the files and successfully started a server. Here are my files, which I just threw into the Vikingr main folder:

Code:
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid administrator password
set_pass_admin [Admin_Password]
#if you have premium members, set a password for them, otherwise delete/comment out the line below
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid private password
#set_pass_private 
#set a valid server name(it can only contain letters numbers and _)
set_server_name [Server_Name]
#join server welcome message below
set_welcome_message Welcome! ^ ^Rules: ^ -No insulting of other players or other impoliteness ^ -No attacking or wounding of team mates in any way, that includes punching and kicking ^ -No unwarranted hiding or other such trollish behaviour ^ -No vigilantism: ask the admins to deal with troublesome players
#show on server list
set_add_to_game_servers_list 1
#Manual block set to 1, 0 for auto
set_control_block_direction 1
#Uncomment to disable ranged weapons
#set_disallow_ranged_weapons 1
#Friendly Fire
set_friendly_fire 1
set_melee_friendly_fire 1
sethorsefriendlyfire 1
set_friendly_fire_damage_friend_ratio 100
set_friendly_fire_damage_self_ratio 00
set_valid_vote_ratio 75
#Votes
set_kick_voteable 1
set_ban_voteable 0
set_maps_voteable 1
set_factions_voteable 1
set_num_bots_voteable 20
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0

#bots
#<team_no> <amount> #sets number of bots for the specified team
#set_bot_count 1 5
#set_bot_count 2 5
#max_num_bots <value> #set the max number of total bots the server is allowed to spawn (50-500)
max_num_bots 100

#other modes ( multiplayer_duel , multiplayer_bt , multiplayer_cf , multiplayer_hq , multiplayer_fd , multiplayer_sg , multiplayer_tdm )
set_mission multiplayer_bt
set_map hengwulf_battle
#add_map hadrians_wall
add_map glacial_fjord
add_map skuggadalr
add_map gierdweg
#add_map frisian_terp
add_map ealdemap
add_map marshlands
add_map cluster_village
add_map coffee
add_map dartford
add_map irish_coast
add_map dnieper
add_map fulford
add_map random_multi_steppe_medium
add_map harmast
add_map hastings
add_map cyrichyll
add_map swanamere
add_map huthwaite
add_map jotunheimr
add_map karjalan_kannas
add_map kuivaketveleen_linnavuori
add_map laatokan_rannat
add_map marshlands
add_map pineforest_medium
add_map pineforest_small
add_map raid_cuneglas
add_map raid_village
add_map raid_village_ii
add_map shaun_battle
add_map stamford
add_map stiklestad
add_map svartsjoen
add_map taiga
add_map thorskog
add_map trollskog
add_map uppland
add_map random_multi_plain_medium
add_map shaun_marsh
add_map beorgandun
add_map random_multi_snow_medium
#adding all kingdoms to both sides just to randomize all of them
#adding less kingdoms will reduce the randomization set (used in set_randomize_factions command)
add_factions fac_kingdom_7 fac_kingdom_7
add_factions fac_kingdom_8 fac_kingdom_8
add_factions fac_kingdom_9 fac_kingdom_9
add_factions fac_kingdom_5 fac_kingdom_5
add_factions fac_kingdom_2 fac_kingdom_2
set_randomize_factions 1
#since default team point limit is 300, the line below is necessary for this mode
set_team_point_limit 10
#if the bottleneck is your server's bandwidth, then make sure that you set a correct value for upload limit
set_upload_limit 100000000
#if you are running more than one dedicated server on the same computer, you must give different ports to each of them
set_port 7240
#if you are running the Steam version of the dedicated server, this port must also be set, and same limitations of set_port apply for Steam port
set_steam_port 7241
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
start

Code:
WSELoaderServer.exe -p mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r Sample.txt -m Vikingr

Just set the server name and admin password and place these two text files into the Vikingr main folder. Then simply run the bat file.

Dansk viking said:
Dansk viking said:
I fiddled with the files and successfully started a server. Here are my files, which I just threw into the Vikingr main folder:

Code:
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid administrator password
set_pass_admin [Admin_Password]
#if you have premium members, set a password for them, otherwise delete/comment out the line below
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid private password
#set_pass_private 
#set a valid server name(it can only contain letters numbers and _)
set_server_name [Server_Name]
#join server welcome message below
set_welcome_message Welcome! ^ ^Rules: ^ -No insulting of other players or other impoliteness ^ -No attacking or wounding of team mates in any way, that includes punching and kicking ^ -No unwarranted hiding or other such trollish behaviour ^ -No vigilantism: ask the admins to deal with troublesome players
#show on server list
#Manual block set to 1, 0 for auto
set_control_block_direction 1
#Uncomment to disable ranged weapons
#set_disallow_ranged_weapons 1
#Friendly Fire
set_friendly_fire 1
set_melee_friendly_fire 1
sethorsefriendlyfire 1
set_friendly_fire_damage_friend_ratio 100
set_friendly_fire_damage_self_ratio 00
set_valid_vote_ratio 75
#Votes
set_kick_voteable 1
set_ban_voteable 0
set_maps_voteable 1
set_factions_voteable 1
set_num_bots_voteable 20
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0

#bots
#<team_no> <amount> #sets number of bots for the specified team
#set_bot_count 1 5
#set_bot_count 2 5
#max_num_bots <value> #set the max number of total bots the server is allowed to spawn (50-500)
max_num_bots 100

#other modes ( multiplayer_duel , multiplayer_bt , multiplayer_cf , multiplayer_hq , multiplayer_fd , multiplayer_sg , multiplayer_tdm )
set_mission multiplayer_bt
set_map hengwulf_battle
#add_map hadrians_wall
add_map glacial_fjord
add_map skuggadalr
add_map gierdweg
#add_map frisian_terp
add_map ealdemap
add_map marshlands
add_map cluster_village
add_map coffee
add_map dartford
add_map irish_coast
add_map dnieper
add_map fulford
add_map harmast
add_map hastings
add_map cyrichyll
add_map swanamere
add_map huthwaite
add_map jotunheimr
add_map karjalan_kannas
add_map kuivaketveleen_linnavuori
add_map laatokan_rannat
add_map marshlands
add_map pineforest_medium
add_map pineforest_small
add_map raid_cuneglas
add_map raid_village
add_map raid_village_ii
add_map shaun_battle
add_map stamford
add_map stiklestad
add_map svartsjoen
add_map taiga
add_map thorskog
add_map trollskog
add_map uppland
add_map random_multi_plain_medium
add_map shaun_marsh
add_map beorgandun
add_map random_multi_snow_medium
#adding all kingdoms to both sides just to randomize all of them
#adding less kingdoms will reduce the randomization set (used in set_randomize_factions command)
add_factions fac_kingdom_7 fac_kingdom_7
add_factions fac_kingdom_8 fac_kingdom_8
add_factions fac_kingdom_9 fac_kingdom_9
add_factions fac_kingdom_5 fac_kingdom_5
add_factions fac_kingdom_2 fac_kingdom_2
set_randomize_factions 1
#since default team point limit is 300, the line below is necessary for this mode
set_team_point_limit 10
#if the bottleneck is your server's bandwidth, then make sure that you set a correct value for upload limit
set_upload_limit 100000000
#if you are running more than one dedicated server on the same computer, you must give different ports to each of them
set_port 7240
#if you are running the Steam version of the dedicated server, this port must also be set, and same limitations of set_port apply for Steam port
set_steam_port 7241
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
start

Code:
WSELoaderServer.exe -p mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r Sample.txt -m Vikingr

Just set the server name and admin password and place these two text files into the Vikingr main folder. Then simply run the bat file.

There are two Vikingr folders, the main one from the install, then inside that and modules another called Vikingr. Which am I uploading to the server and to which do I had the two files from above? Thank you for the rapid response

Dansk viking said:
The one containing "mb_warband_dedicated.exe", that is the main folder, i.e. not the one inside "modules".

Okay, I got tat, which of the two Vikingr folders am I uploading to the server, the main one seems way too big.

Dansk viking said:
You need to upload everything as far as I know.

Basically this. As Vikingr runs on Warband Script Enhancer you obviously need to get the WSE into the server as well. Some warband hosting providers give that as an option, but in this case you'll just apparently have to suffer through the long upload :wink:

KickingJoub said:
Dansk viking said:
You need to upload everything as far as I know.

Basically this. As Vikingr runs on Warband Script Enhancer you obviously need to get the WSE into the server as well. Some warband hosting providers give that as an option, but in this case you'll just apparently have to suffer through the long upload :wink:

That is where I was going wrong, I thought it could take THAT long to upload. So I was uploading what was inside the module folder. Now I'm just letting the 2700+ files or something transfer for the main folder haha :razz: Thank you

Back
Top Bottom