MelsPerisno- Now for Version 0.76!

List of features that people want to see in the main version of Perisno (http://forums.taleworlds.co

• Female Troops

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Pretty much all female changes

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • New Pricing of Items

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Females (including court ladies) generally do not wear visible headgear

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Female troop lines

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Perisno troop line can be raised from most kingdom T1 recruits

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Perisno pilgrim line now uses blunt weapons and high defence

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Most minor troop lines, including Demon and Eagle lines, are upgradeable.

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Slave Hunter line reworked into vigilantes, with an option for high defence village/city foot guard

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathByRabbit said:
Does the stronger pierce damage apply to all piercing weapons or just spears?

Because if it applies to all weapons I would be terrified to fight anything wielding a crossbow now that they can penetrate shields as well.

It applies to any piercing damage.  You may tone it down by editing the Module text file, but try it first.  :smile:
armor_soak_factor_against_cut      = 0.9
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce    = 0.8
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt    = 0.7

armor_reduction_factor_against_cut      = 1.1
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce    = 0.50
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt    = 0.70

armor_soak_factor_against_cut      = 0.9
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce    = 0.75
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt    = 0.7

armor_reduction_factor_against_cut      = 1.1
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce    = 0.75
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt    = 0.70

Spears with no attack besides a stab also had their weapon speed increased by 5.

KonykSoldatyk said:
Чёрный ворон asked, "Is this the final version? Should we expect the realization of new ideas?".

With me, nothing is ever final  :lol:

I do my best to listen to players -- and of course my own personal mod keeps changing as I try different things.  I only caution people to understand that I am not a 'real' modder, and know very little about coding.  I'm only here because some people find my little silly changes interesting  :wink:

Married the king's daughter, Virgo, and that of her tolku.U it can only snaryagu change, and then after myatyazha.Gde become not nashel.A as usual vassal.Prostuyu daughter of Lord and you can take in the squad and management is involved. And the princess in
the city had NPC ostavlyat.Neponyatno and that was so much noise about his marriage to printsessah.Teper see her that where b is not a heap.

vasul said:
Married the king's daughter, Virgo, and that of her tolku.U it can only snaryagu change, and then after myatyazha.Gde become not nashel.A as usual vassal.Prostuyu daughter of Lord and you can take in the squad and management is involved. And the princess in
the city had NPC ostavlyat.Neponyatno and that was so much noise about his marriage to printsessah.Teper see her that where b is not a heap.

What?

DeathByRabbit said:
vasul said:

What?

He's russian I think, maybe using google translate.

vasul вот отличный электронный  словарь http://www.babla.ru
В этом словаре показывается также склонение и формы времени глаголов
Вот хороший справочник по грамматике английского http://engblog.ru/category/grammar

vasul said:
Can be pumped stats wife Princess as NPC?

Yes, if you have wife join your party and level up.  Princess probably is fairly high level already so progress will be slow.
Normal wife levels very fast, but starts weak.

MelanieWard said:
It's rather silly armour, not just for the massive boobie housings, but also for the lack of proper knee and elbow armour and the ridiculous metal panties instead of proper tassets.

I also added a feminised version for male Gothic Plate (the one with the chin guard thing) which no female troops are using, but can be used for companions.

Yes, they are rather silly. :roll: Can't wait to get this added! :party:

Hi Mel,

in one outlaw party they had a combatant deer member... Hilarious but is that really a WAD?

And III Legion seems to be neutral to Redwoods(lord parties anyway) but still chase me, a landed Redwood vassal.
This kind of lacking logic in faction relations must be eliminated, it applies to more than the Legion btw.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Hi Mel,

in one outlaw party they had a combatant deer member... Hilarious but is that really a WAD?

And III Legion seems to be neutral to Redwoods(lord parties anyway) but still chase me, a landed Redwood vassal.
This kind of lacking logic in faction relations must be eliminated, it applies to more than the Legion btw.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I can't explain the deer.  But I'd love to have seen it!

I'm sorry about the faction problem.  It has been explained to me that the Player Faction remains, regardless of what faction one joins.  In other words, while joining will instantly reset your relations with other kingdoms to reflect their status with your new faction, every faction besides kingdoms (such as commoners, bandits, that sort of thing) won't be affected at all.  I don't know how to fix that, or even if I should.  But it's beyond my powers.  :???:

MelanieWard said:
Oldtimer said:
Hi Mel,

Rgds, Oldtimer

I can't explain the deer.  But I'd love to have seen it!

I'm sorry about the faction problem.  It has been explained to me that the Player Faction remains, regardless of what faction one joins.  In other words, while joining will instantly reset your relations with other kingdoms to reflect their status with your new faction, every faction besides kingdoms (such as commoners, bandits, that sort of thing) won't be affected at all.  I don't know how to fix that, or even if I should.  But it's beyond my powers.  :???:

Hi Mel,

nothing is beyond your powers!

OT, the thing with permanent player faction membership is a serious design flaw and should be changed if technically possible. Unrealistic and immersion destroying.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I'm sure it's possible to change, but I would not presume to change basic Warband mechanics on my own.

There are other ways of addressing this that I feel are doable, though!  I find it immersion-breaking that one may never ever reduce banditry other than by an unholy alliance with them, helping them slaughter those who oppose them.  What I would like to see is a roleplay-friendly way to affect relations with minor factions.

My idea is to adjust each of the custom dialogues that trigger when one hunts down a hostile minor faction party.

Currectly, the Third Legion says:  "We fight for the Old Perisnoan Empire, the rightful land of the Centurion Octavius! Legionnaires! Prepare for glory!"

You reply:
1)"Rest easy. We'll leave you in peace." (encounter ends)
2)"Your empire died long ago. Soon, you will die with it!" (then you battle)

New reply options:
2)"Your empire died long ago. Soon, you will die with it!" ('Defeat Third Legion' quest begins, battle)
3)"We are not your enemy.  Let us talk terms." (open dialogue #2)

'Defeat Third Legion' quest would require you to defeat a number of Third Legion parties (perhaps only 5, since they are uncommon).  After defeating the 5th party, a dialogue runs, something like this:
Praetorian Guard: "Enough!  Let us end this war.  We offer you a truce for thirty days.  Will you accept?

You reply: 
1) "I accept.  Let the fighting end." (Encounter ends, 'Defeat Third Legion' quest completes, relations set to 0 for 30 days, then reset to default)
2) "I am not finished teaching you a lesson!" (battle, quest status unchanged)

Dialogue #2 would be something like this:
Praetorian Guard: "You wish for peace?  Very well.  We will offer you a truce of thirty days if you pay a tribute of 5000 aurums."

You reply: 
1) "I accept.  Let the fighting end." (Encounter ends, lose 5000 aurums,  relations set to 0 for 30 days, then reset to default)
2) "I'll think it over." (Encounter ends)

I don't think this would be that hard to code.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it.  :roll:

But I wanted you to know that I am thinking about your ideas.  :smile:

MelanieWard said:
I'm sure it's possible to change, but I would not presume to change basic Warband mechanics on my own.

There are other ways of addressing this that I feel are doable, though!  I find it immersion-breaking that one may never ever reduce banditry other than by an unholy alliance with them, helping them slaughter those who oppose them.  What I would like to see is a roleplay-friendly way to affect relations with minor factions.

My idea is to adjust each of the custom dialogues that trigger when one hunts down a hostile minor faction party.

Currectly, the Third Legion says:  "We fight for the Old Perisnoan Empire, the rightful land of the Centurion Octavius! Legionnaires! Prepare for glory!"

You reply:
2)"Your empire died long ago. Soon, you will die with it!" (then you battle)

New reply options:
2)"Your empire died long ago. Soon, you will die with it!" ('Defeat Third Legion' quest begins, battle)
3)"We are not your enemy.  Let us talk terms." (open dialogue #2)

'Defeat Third Legion' quest would require you to defeat a number of Third Legion parties (perhaps only 5, since they are uncommon).  After defeating the 5th party, a dialogue runs, something like this:
Praetorian Guard: "Enough!  Let us end this war.  We offer you a truce for thirty days.  Will you accept?

You reply: 
1) "I accept.  Let the fighting end." (Encounter ends, 'Defeat Third Legion' quest completes, relations set to 0 for 30 days, then reset to default)
2) "I am not finished teaching you a lesson!" (battle, quest status unchanged)

Dialogue #2 would be something like this:
Praetorian Guard: "You wish for peace?  Very well.  We will offer you a truce of thirty days if you pay a tribute of 5000 aurums."

You reply: 
1) "I accept.  Let the fighting end." (Encounter ends, lose 5000 aurums,  relations set to 0 for 30 days, then reset to default)
2) "I'll think it over." (Encounter ends)

I don't think this would be that hard to code.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it.  :roll:

But I wanted you to know that I am thinking about your ideas.  :smile:

Hi Mel,

these ideas are an improvement to be sure. My main concern is that Warband is by design railroaded. I mean MQ is geared to WC. And thus most mods also are. Admittedly there is a lot of freedom on how to achieve WC. But if player ignores the WC aspect it generates at long last a sense of unfullfillment.

It is possible to get around this. TLD did that, Rigale and Phosphor may do it. There are more examples.

So to become a more realistic and interesting game I`d try to have more diplomatic interaction alternatives, particularly with the minors.
Like joining Manhunters in a campaign vs. Outlaws. If successful the spawn rate of the baddies in question will decrease for a considerable time and a truce with player could be declared. While the campaign is going player is approached with offers of bribes
or commission on loot taken by bandits if breaking coop with Manhunters.
This leads to minors raiding villages, cities, caravans and looting for real. Having career/retired bandit companions they might suggest to the player  an alliance with a baddies faction with the purpose of establishing a territorial realm.
Minors going territorial are a feature of at least one mod.

I have a much longer wishlist but I think I`ll leave you in peace for a time.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hi all,

looks like I can`t stick to my promises...

Anyway abt. the mysterious bloodthirsty deer members of outlaw parties: I`ve SEEN them!
They are DISGUISED as almost naked humanoid males but are given away by the troop label above. Tricksy, but not enough...
Unfortunately they drop neither venison nor hides.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Hi Mel,

these ideas are an improvement to be sure. My main concern is that Warband is by design railroaded. I mean MQ is geared to WC. And thus most mods also are. Admittedly there is a lot of freedom on how to achieve WC. But if player ignores the WC aspect it generates at long last a sense of unfullfillment.

It is possible to get around this. TLD did that, Rigale and Phosphor may do it. There are more examples.

So to become a more realistic and interesting game I`d try to have more diplomatic interaction alternatives, particularly with the minors.
Like joining Manhunters in a campaign vs. Outlaws. If successful the spawn rate of the baddies in question will decrease for a considerable time and a truce with player could be declared. While the campaign is going player is approached with offers of bribes
This leads to minors raiding villages, cities, caravans and looting for real. Having career/retired bandit companions they might suggest to the player  an alliance with a baddies faction with the purpose of establishing a territorial realm.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I love these concepts!  If only I knew how to code my basic idea, I am sure it could easily be expanded.  One could put a counter on the truces so that each subsequent truce was cumulatively longer, for example.  Endless possibilities.

If only I was a real modder...  :facepalm:

You'll get there Mel. You have been an amazing addition to their team thus far.  When I finish my YouTube series on the mod I would love to help you test your ideas as well.

Assuming you stick around that is; many things can happen before then!

MelanieWard said:
Oldtimer said:
Hi Mel,

Rgds, Oldtimer

I love these concepts!  If only I knew how to code my basic idea, I am sure it could easily be expanded.  One could put a counter on the truces so that each subsequent truce was cumulatively longer, for example.  Endless possibilities.

If only I was a real modder...  :facepalm:

Mel,

check the "A New Dawn" mod, they`ve implemented minors attempting to go territorial.
If you like what you see ask them for permission to use their code.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Back
Top Bottom