MelsPerisno- Now for Version 0.76!

List of features that people want to see in the main version of Perisno (http://forums.taleworlds.co

• Female Troops

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Pretty much all female changes

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • New Pricing of Items

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Females (including court ladies) generally do not wear visible headgear

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Female troop lines

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Perisno troop line can be raised from most kingdom T1 recruits

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Perisno pilgrim line now uses blunt weapons and high defence

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Most minor troop lines, including Demon and Eagle lines, are upgradeable.

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Slave Hunter line reworked into vigilantes, with an option for high defence village/city foot guard

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Michadr said:
I will be making a poll soon with features that people enjoyed the most, and want to see in the main version of Perisno. If i can do it in time I (might) add them to the main version. Remember this is just to find out what people like most for the submod, I can't promise that I will actually add them. But let the nominations come in so I can create the poll.

I'll hijack (sshhh don't tell Melanie :wink: ) the OP and keep a list there.

Hah!  Michadr, I am flattered that you'd take the trouble of even considering adding any of this to your workload.  Needless to say, you have full permission from me to use anything I've done as you see fit (it's your own stuff, after all!).  I am sure I will play around with .7 once it comes out, anyway, so there will eventually be another submod if people clamour for certain features they miss.  :smile:

Michadr said:
I will be making a poll soon with features that people enjoyed the most, and want to see in the main version of Perisno. If i can do it in time I (might) add them to the main version. Remember this is just to find out what people like most for the submod, I can't promise that I will actually add them. But let the nominations come in so I can create the poll.

tbh please take Melanie's mods and make them standard Perisono, as much as possible.
I mean, the women are so much more interesting than vanilla, the hair mod is nice, the pricing (shoes :smile: )
sensible, the alternative troops useful.  I'm pretty tired of frumpy noble daughters (although 'tis said
"beauty times dowry equals a constant"). 

Alas, yesterday my co-workers staged a revolution: it seems MY Perisno gaming looked too much like fun,
but THEIR Skype-disguised-as-valued-Makework doesn't count.  I had FLOWERS on my screen, but they had boring text. UNFAIR! eh?  Plus some figured my boss paid for my 4.3 Ghz PC, while they ran on dumpy 10 year old laptops... so I took home all my gear.  And write this on my 3 year old laptop, which does have an Nvidia
GPU and an I5, sniff...  And yet, 24 hrs later, everyone is quiet.

Please please Please,  give us MelsPerisno secretly embedded in ought-7... anytime after finding those
wayward villians I bonked with my club for bounty money, I mean "reward of service".

And as for Skype vs a great PC and acres of blooming flowers -- I really WAS using it for benchmarking and measured stress tests.
      "And LOVING IT", as Agent x86 would have said...

MelanieWard said:
Michadr said:

Hah!  Michadr, I am flattered that you'd take the trouble of even considering adding any of this to your workload.  Needless to say, you have full permission from me to use anything I've done as you see fit (it's your own stuff, after all!).  I am sure I will play around with .7 once it comes out, anyway, so there will eventually be another submod if people clamour for certain features they miss.  :smile:

WOOP!. as is said above, the female aspects of this submod are truly amazing. in eveyr other mod i've played (PoP, Brytenwalda, gekokujo...etc) there is a complete pushing aside of females as anything but useful.
So, once again. Thank you (and to your Michadr for *maybe* introducing this submod into the bigger picture)

Well i was hoping for something more... "specific". But so far i've gathering the players like the females etc. But what part of them? (Everything?  :wink: :wink: But yeah, need more specifics.

T.L.S. said:
Females are always welcome, doesn't matter in the game or in real life  :smile:
Well said :smile: But i must admit I have no played the updated version yet, since I had to download it at work and I haven't taken it home yet. Will do so today, and take a look at the various additions.

Michadr said:
Well i was hoping for something more... "specific". But so far i've gathering the players like the females etc. But what part of them? (Everything?  :wink: :wink: But yeah, need more specifics.

MelsPerisno is basically Perisno, so some of the changes are subtle.  Let me recap some of the things to evaluate:

1) Females (including court ladies) generally do not wear visible headgear.  In part, this is because Warband has no mechanism to resize male helms to the smaller female frames, so the headgear looks like big silly buckets on women.  And partly it's to show off the pretty hairstyles.

2) Female troop lines (raised principally from rescued prisoners, so they are not common unless sought after) are tough, extensive, and balanced, and dress in sensible armour.

3) Perisno troop line can be raised from most kingdom T1 recruits.  The Perisno lines in general are cosmetically more consistent (green and white), so it's easy to tell them on the field.

4) Perisno pilgrim line now uses blunt weapons and high defence.  It also includes a female line that also uses blunt weapons.  The orders are cosmetically more consistent colour-wise (white for males, black for females), so it's easy to tell them on the field.

5) Most minor troop lines, including Demon and Eagle lines, are upgradeable.

6) Male armours have feminized versions (I know you already did this for .7)

7) Slave Hunter line reworked into vigilantes, with an option for high defence village/city foot guard units.

Michadr said:
T.L.S. said:
Females are always welcome, doesn't matter in the game or in real life  :smile:
Well said :smile: But i must admit I have no played the updated version yet, since I had to download it at work and I haven't taken it home yet. Will do so today, and take a look at the various additions.
Specifics (i won't go TOO specific :razz: - aah, already its getting old lol).
1) General looks are seriously improved. They are better in combat and the armors are more realistic instead of those metal plates which serve nothing than to cover "certain" parts...
2) The troop trees for females in general and the Perisno female troop tree (i think there are 2 - crossbows and cavalry) actually make women useful having in perisno and your army.
3) The new line of Perisno troops is seriously nice; also, as there are a lot more (Initiates, recruits, pilgrims, farmers and peasant women) potential troops which are upgradeable into those units, a lot of bandit/rogue parties have them as prisoner - easier to get Perisno troops which i what i like.

Now onto something else
1) The "Missing Portrait" quest - how do you do it? On my game (which is brand new; started on MelsPerisno literally today) there is still no proper information and i've got stuck for a 2nd or 3rd time trying to do this quest.
2) FINALLY! I've managed to get a game where i can marry Princess Linthradil (elf woman). Unforunately there might be a bug where every time i go see her it increases relations by +2 and she says "Oh, im so happy to see you". Not sure if this is deliberate or not..
3) BUG: may be because of the submod, but when i joined the Redwood Nation, my quest from Remus to talk to Count Methenor was "failed" and big script error occurred. Then i still managed to hand it in.

Thanks

P.s. it seems we both posted at the same time so sorry for repeated content.

MelanieWard said:
Your input is more important than mine, since of course I like all the things I added (or I wouldn't have added them!)  :smile:

It seems you're not the only one who likes all the things you added :grin: :grin:

Michadr said:
Updated OP. Ill make a poll sometime today if I have most of the changes on the list, that people like.
Yay!

aaah. ugh. just realised that i'm going to have restart my game which i  started yesterday on MelsPerisno......
there is no way to transfer save files from game to game? mod to mod that is (because they are compatible with each other once they are merged)...?

2) The troop trees for females in general and the Perisno female troop tree (i think there are 2 - crossbows and cavalry) actually make women useful having in perisno and your army.
Realy? Top maiden cavalry unit (War maiden or Maiden of war if i remember correctly) - doom for heavy infantry.
3) BUG: may be because of the submod, but when i joined the Redwood Nation, my quest from Remus to talk to Count Methenor was "failed" and big script error occurred. Then i still managed to hand it in.
It's not failed - just speak with Methenor

A hotfix is available -- I forgot helms for top-tier Vigilantes.  This fix works with saved games.  Just unzip and drop into your MelsPerisno folder.
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5895/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5895&pUp=1

Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

didn´t vote in the poll as I think Mel`s mod should be included wholesale to Perisno.

Rgds, Oldtimer

i'm really sorry Michadr, but i also have to agree with this statement. I would like to mainly include -
1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 . those 7 points are the most important to me.
I haven't actually experienced the Slave Hunters being revamped into Vigilantes but that does sound very useful as a new aspect instead of just as farming the Slavers.
Point 3 concerning the prices is less important and i didn't actually notice a change, but hell, why not? :razz: (i don't really mind).

Obviously not critising the mod in ANY WAY, but MelsPerisno really does an many more dimensions to the overall effect, and if this was coupled with 0.7 it would be a truly amazing expansion. Content-wise, it will save your weeks or months of work and ideas, it seems nearly all compatible with the current mod and i haven't seen one single criticism of the submob so far.
Please please please put it all on.

Edit: I did vote, but i still want them all :smile: cos i'm greedy.

I labeled pricing as the least important aspect, compared to making women have a greater impact in general and being somewhat more presentable in general.

The pricing in the beta 0.7 is extreme for very common starting items, and fairly cheap for high end items.  Pretty much everything is skewed to a high-middle cost; whether its  28 defence armor in starting week or 40 point armor 6 weeks later, or any horse with armor, expect to pay considerably more for it than .611 

It's not neccessarily "unrealistic"; chain armor was amazingly tedious to make.  But considering how few enemies wear anything weaker than medium armor, its a pity the mid-low tier armor is so high. 

Some things changed in unexpected ways also: more horses were rideable at skill 3.  maybe thats a good thing.  But they cost 2x more than before.

In terms of itemization, I'd expect after the first few weeks maybe the curve isn't so bitter.  You need plenty of low gear fodder at first, and its a pity if those dry up before you've geared up to fight whatever survives the first weeks in the beta.  I haven't played enough Mels 11 to earn an opinion, but Mels10 the pricing had some gear for starter at not too high price, so there was some layer between naked-with-a-nomad-shield and tier-2ish for your just hired companions.  I really don't mind paying a king's ransom for kingly armor, which I wouldn't mind seeing drop someday :smile:  but I'm interested in whether the game can be (role)played as a Merchant rather than a spoiled knight. 

For that matter I'd be amazed and delighted if a game gave XP for something other than killing; I'd love to earn a small bonus for freeing slaves rather than selling them, or rescueing villagers and such (well, with Mels thats sort of taken care of...).  There should be
faction hits for douche behavior, perhaps the women that care begin to loathe the boor that loots villages (or maybe they do - to be honest, I've never done it.  I wouldn't want to play something unethical in game if I would consider it repugnant in "real" life, whatever MMO THAT is...)

So, at least half my interest in Mels' tweaks.

----- nothing worth reading follows: 
quote of my Life:  My home PC is now 64000 times the bandwidth (by every measurement) as the IBM PC2 I had exactly 30 years
ago.  Imagine how deep in the Matroyshka we'd be if God had ... say ... 50 years additional head start before we were first "born". 
500 years?  5000?  Are spirits just hackers?  But, since you, or you, or anyone else, knows better, we can get back to Serious things.
Just don't forget to watch the flowers next time you play Perisno... because you can really tell them from say your nightly dreams, which are instanced versus persistent MMO events.  See you on the other side then -- if the first settlers don't burn me as a heretic :smile:)

Well I don't think I can add ALL of the changes since most of them were made to the .txt files and I would have to make the changes to the module system, which would be harder in some aspect. But again I shall do what I can.

Michadr said:
Well I don't think I can add ALL of the changes since most of them were made to the .txt files and I would have to make the changes to the module system, which would be harder in some aspect. But again I shall do what I can.

It's quite the honour to have any of it added -- I know you are hard at work on other good things.  It's not that much trouble to cobble together a submod for .7, anyway, if fanciers of MelsPerisno clamour for some aspects that didn't make it in.  The changes are small enough that it doesn't seem to destabilise Perisno.

Back
Top Bottom