Incomplete map?

Users who are viewing this thread

FG

Recruit
Hi, I downloaded the RAW 2.4 mod, but noticed that large patches of the map is empty.

Any plans to further populate the map with more cities/towns/villages? When will the updated mod with the maps completed be out?

FG said:
Hi, I downloaded the RAW 2.4 mod, but noticed that large patches of the map is empty.

Any plans to further populate the map with more cities/towns/villages? When will the updated mod with the maps completed be out?

Hi. We understand your concern and we do indeed plan to populate the map further, but can and will not give estimated date for it as we don't want to make promises we might not be able to keep. Cheers.

Ok, thanks for your honest answer.

Just checking, will your future updates i.e version 2.5....say it completes the map, will my saved game in version 2.4 be compatible with the version 2.5? i.e I can simply load my saved game? or do i need to import my character? Worst case scenario would be to replay my character?

Awesome mod guys.
I looked at as many Rome-themed mods I could find.

This one I find to be the most promising, as you've updated much of the game scripting, presentations, etc. and seem to be still pushing on developing it.
Romae Bellum however has much more of the map implemented - but I dont consider that one complete enough to play.

Just posting to say good work, and I hope you complete the map. Romae Bellum is a good resource to look at which I'm sure you do already.
Also hope that you keep fine tuning the troop trees, because that is the most important aspect of the game. They look good enough to enjoy playing as is - so this is the roman mod I am currently starting on.

Looking forward to more great stuff!
Keep it up!

No point on making more factions/locations if you don't have anything to make it stand out and as we do ~90% of the items ourselves it takes time, also there are no troop trees here, some linear upgrades of some troops but that's it, a poor citizen will never become a cavalryman or elite infantry. We also do our own research and we take quite some time on it so I don't see ourselves looking at the other mods because most of them do not take it much into consideration.

ah ok, so troop system is basically structured and not individually implemented for each faction?

do you have an explanation, spreadsheet, or guide on how troops develop?

i do see different troops from each faction though so am a bit confused how youre doing that.

ingame troop tree presentations would also be very good to have.

really, viewing the troop trees and figuring out which faction i want to play is the first thing i do when i start a game/mod.
if i cant, or if the troops just outright suck, i dont play it.
troop trees do indeed make or break the game.
you can have huge diversity of battles, or same old boring cookie cutter battles - depending on how troops are built.
native W&B didnt even make half the kind of troops that are possible, which drastically change the entire way of battle. throwing/skirmisher troops, pikewalls, hit-n-run cavalry, heavy armor throwing axe +shield "artillery". theres so much one can do with troops - and in a mod like this, there was a huge amount of variety in how nations fought in war so it would fit well.

anyway - at least troop tree images available?

effemb said:
ah ok, so troop system is basically structured and not individually implemented for each faction?

i do see different troops from each faction though so am a bit confused how youre doing that.

really, viewing the troop trees and figuring out which faction i want to play is the first thing i do when i start a game/mod.
you can have huge diversity of battles, or same old boring cookie cutter battles - depending on how troops are built.
native W&B didnt even make half the kind of troops that are possible, which drastically change the entire way of battle. throwing/skirmisher troops, pikewalls, hit-n-run cavalry, heavy armor throwing axe +shield "artillery". theres so much one can do with troops - and in a mod like this, there was a huge amount of variety in how nations fought in war so it would fit well.

Troops go from Recruit to Regular to Veteran without ever changing their actual troop. Basically meaning that a Hastatvs will always be a Hastatvs, just either a recruit, regular or elite. I hope that finally clears it up. Also no, we're not changing it into anything silly that would actually require a spreadsheet. Just think of it in the way that troops get experience or veterancy. If you want to know what troops each faction has on the other had, well, basically the historical ones :razz:

KickingJoub said:
effemb said:

Troops go from Recruit to Regular to Veteran without ever changing their actual troop. Basically meaning that a Hastatvs will always be a Hastatvs, just either a recruit, regular or elite. I hope that finally clears it up. Also no, we're not changing it into anything silly that would actually require a spreadsheet. Just think of it in the way that troops get experience or veterancy. If you want to know what troops each faction has on the other had, well, basically the historical ones :razz:

Or you can think in the classic era, every one has to buy or have their own equipment, and they only become from noobs :?: to veterans.

It`s a more simple and better way to explain :shock:

Sorry for my english, i`m Colombian ( Can into Worl cup )  :grin:

That's kind of what I said though :razz: Even if there wasn't a huge need to drag this thread back up, but oh well. It's true that in the vast majority of cases the soldiers had to buy their own equipment meaning that their social status (ie: how much money they have) basically determined their role. It's also true that in time they could rise higher, but as that took many years on average we decided that this system would be better. It also makes it a lot easier to have a consistent  troop composition where all troops remain useful. Right then, hopefully we can now put this conversation behind us :wink:

KickingJoub said:
That's kind of what I said though :razz: Even if there wasn't a huge need to drag this thread back up, but oh well. It's true that in the vast majority of cases the soldiers had to buy their own equipment meaning that their social status (ie: how much money they have) basically determined their role. It's also true that in time they could rise higher, but as that took many years on average we decided that this system would be better. It also makes it a lot easier to have a consistent  troop composition where all troops remain useful. Right then, hopefully we can now put this conversation behind us :wink:

Yes, i always have to use all division to make a decent combat, like a true general  :cool:

Back
Top Bottom