[Wanted] Volunteer Testers

Users who are viewing this thread

Gryffindor said:
V. Your input is valuable to us, so when giving suggestions, we'll give your suggestions, prime priority.
Nope. As a developer, I can say that I accept only suggestions I like, not based on the status of the suggesting person. Becoming a tester will grant your suggestions no higher priority than anyone else's. The only way to do that is learning to mod. :wink:

I will be unitizing this thread> http://perisnoforum.comuf.com/index.php?topic=63.0
for a bug (and fixes) list for this testing version ONLY, and it will keep the clutter down around here.

-michadr

Lord of Shadows said:
Here or in Bugs topic.
T.L.S. said:
Reports via PM or in this topic?

You can publish your reports here, or in the official bug reports topic, here I will keep an eye on it, also will the developers.

Michadr said:
I will be unitizing this thread> http://perisnoforum.comuf.com/index.php?topic=63.0
for a bug (and fixes) list for this testing version ONLY, and it will keep the clutter down around here.

Also a good choice.

T.L.S. said:
standalone
hardly imagine patches near 3 Gb (unpacked)...

Aye, torrents download 3 GB net faster, but. If you have a decent connection it's almost the same.

Note:
An hour of testing so far, my fps is cold in hell, I'll be needing to improve my specs a little, if anyone has a good comp, be sure test battles in rows, see if the A.I is using it, factions seems to be behaving normally, even if it is a test version,  there seems to be a lot of hunting parties moving around the map, it's quite fun to kill animals :lol:

I'll be looking into the Dwarven faction "message" bugs in the next hour, seems to appear randomly here.

Don't know if it's just me but, when I left the town (Forniron), this happened.
XSdWFp3.jpg

I think you must play with tree settings in WB itself, looks like textures just not loaded for whatever reason, perhaps problem in video memory and lowering tree details and\or turning off their shadows can help.

Played Perisno now for a few hours and I'd like to make my first report, but I don't know how to do that picture in a spoiler thing that everyone does, and my report would make A LOT more sense if I could post the screenshots.  Can someone give me a crash course on how you post Warband screenshots on the forums here?

1; This is what I prefer, but you can do what you want. This is linking to the screenshot using words - CLICK THIS SENTENCE

Note; leave all the []'s where they are, only change the text.

2;
9T33hSM.png

Note; in the explanation the []'s were removed for obvious reasons. This actually displays the photo whereas the first one becomes a link to the photo.

This is what I use, I'm not sure how to remove the tags actually working, so I had to do it this way, which is fairly amusing. Anyway, I hope this helps. You can always use the 'Preview' button by 'Post' before pressing post to check your tags work and to also experiment. Enjoy.

It might also be worth noting, from what I understand Michadr wants this thread used for 1.7 bugs etc you can also see a list of already reported bugs on the first post here

Edit; this is assuming you already have the link to the screenshot you wish to post, if you are stuck on that too please don't hesitate to say so.

Vendi86 said:
Played Perisno now for a few hours and I'd like to make my first report, but I don't know how to do that picture in a spoiler thing that everyone does, and my report would make A LOT more sense if I could post the screenshots.  Can someone give me a crash course on how you post Warband screenshots on the forums here?
Yes, i would also be interested in that as well. (Just for general posting that is).
Thanks

Thank you Equinox, I think I get it, you would do something like this;

[img (link to website) /img]

(of course with the brackets)

Is what I need to post an image, I don't have access to any sort of webhosting, is there a website you would be able to recommend I use for uploading images that doesn't require signing up or some sort of free trial?

Nevermind I noticed that website you used imgur.com allows you to do exactly what I was asking, thanks again Equinox.

Alright now that I've figured out how to post images I can finally make my first report. (now with pictures!)

So to start off I noticed a few bugs with character creation:

When I went to make a dwarf I noticed that the neck drapes over the collar of the shirt, it looks a little off.
cAyFjAs.jpg

Another thing I noticed is when you have a character with a beard you get contrasting colors when you adjust the age slider to old, a couple of examples:
Uxeikgy.jpg
L4FyTuP.jpg

It was part of the directive to test formations, which I did.  I haven't been able to get it to work properly though.  When I would enter the battleground and give orders to use formations it would go something like this:

Enter battleground and my troops auto form into 3 rows

I then try to give them Formation orders and they work like:
I give an order to: Form one row  They: Move forward 10 paces
I give an order to: form two rows  They:  move back 10 paces
I give an order to: form 3 rows  They: form 3 rows
I give an order to: form 4 or 5 rows  They: do nothing
(all done with around 15-25 troops)

If this is kind of confusing I could maybe try and record some of this going on with fraps and upload it to youtube, but hopefully that description is clear enough.

As far as actual errors that I encountered while playing, aside from the whole player faction stuff which I assume is still a work in progress so I'm not going to go into that. 

However, there is one error that I get routinely, I wish I could get a screenshot of it, but it would go something like this:

I enter battleground, and if there is elves on either side (not always) but most of the time I get an error that pops up saying

RGL WARNING
Couldn't load "Textures/gray_elf.dds"

It doesn't happen every battle but interestingly enough it did happen when I was trying to create an elf, so I think it's one of the faces having a texture issue.

Couple other quick things, and this may just be my computer but I cannot fast travel on the world map without lag even if I turn off HDR mode.
And dwarf females currently only have one skin to choose in character creation.

This is what I noticed probably from 1-3 hours of playing, if I can I'd like to make a few suggestions.

When starting out the bandits are too fast, some of them I want to say Bluewood rangers are still traveling at 6.0+ which makes it really tough starting out, as well as Demon Worshippers and some of the mounted bandits as well.  I know the mod is meant to be hard but when you're constantly getting captured it's not fun either.

One of your tracks for the battlefield is like this bango style chicken dance music... Granted it was funny the first couple times, but it feels really out of place and I found myself just turning the music off after a while.  I know this sort of thing comes down to personal preference but it doesn't fit the atmosphere of Perisno.

Lastly when I was traveling around the world map I came across Perisno Ruins, (which was an awesomely well done scene btw) and I walked around for a little bit but couldn't find anything or anyone...can anyone shed some light on this? Is it just something to look at?

That should wrap up my first report, I will have a bit of time today and tomorrow to keep testing.  I hope this has been helpful to the team and leave me some feedback and let me know if this is what you want to see or if I should do my reports a little differently.  I can certainly dig a little deeper maybe get more screenshots or video if necessary.

Thanks again for letting me test your mod and thanks Equinoxdawg for helping me construct my first summary.

When starting out the bandits are too fast, some of them I want to say Bluewood rangers are still traveling at 6.0+ which makes it really tough starting out, as well as Demon Worshippers and some of the mounted bandits as well.  I know the mod is meant to be hard but when you're constantly getting captured it's not fun either.
Their speed already nerfed... and there are bunch of "nasty bandits beating me from begining" posts across the forum... and also answers how to avoid that.
Lastly when I was traveling around the world map I came across Perisno Ruins, (which was an awesomely well done scene btw) and I walked around for a little bit but couldn't find anything or anyone...can anyone shed some light on this? Is it just something to look at?
Unfinished location noticed in v. 0.7 dev tread btw. Shall we see it completed in 0.7 or not - mostly devs business.
Couple other quick things, and this may just be my computer but I cannot fast travel on the world map without lag even if I turn off HDR mode.
Lower tree detail and\or their shadows. Btw i have no fps drops on world map in test version.
I give an order to: form 4 or 5 rows  They: do nothing
(all done with around 15-25 troops)
not enought troops, thats for sure. With 80-100+ worked fine. But i forgot to check 2 rows formation, can't say anything about it.

Are some updates of the test version planed before release?

Gryffindor said:
Note:
An hour of testing so far, my fps is cold in hell, I'll be needing to improve my specs a little, if anyone has a good comp, be sure test battles in rows, see if the A.I is using it, factions seems to be behaving normally, even if it is a test version,  there seems to be a lot of hunting parties moving around the map, it's quite fun to kill animals :lol:

As for validation across a range of platforms, that'd be me.  I have 6 PCs of different bandwidths, video cards, CPU generations, OS, language packs, and
so on.  I've been compatibility lab manager for a semiconductor company, a major PC OEM, and a health care software vendor for 20+ years.
I'm writing this on a Intel I7 based X79 chipset 4.2 Ghz processor system, with 4 of the systems various generation I7s and all with different
Nvidia cards to screen for problems on various customer segments.  I also could use a measured load, since it helps to find something
behaving badly on one platform and not another to see what to turn off / set in different generations of video, CPU etc.  I'm semi-retired now
so have some time; I'd probably play Melanie's mod the rest of the month but but now will do this in parallel, if its halfway pleasant.  If not I'll still
send feedback.  Haven't posted much because didnt look like anyone needed it; but I'm fairly knowledgable of systems architecture.  Haven't modded;
havent really programmed since the 1980s/early 90s, that was Borland C++.  I was with Borland when they had 6 people in USA + 3 Europe devs (1984) sigh.
Anyway.  Now living on East Europe time, which is the "new" wild wild west...    Not so much to brag as explain "why"

Back
Top Bottom