[Wanted] Volunteer Testers

Users who are viewing this thread

Gryffindor

Recruit
The Perisno Team is looking for testers/players to test upcoming versions of the module, the developers will set the goals of the testing parameters, please, keep that in mind whilst playing/testing.

I'm the Lead of testing, so send any messages concerning the testing directives to me, or directly to the developers.

Benefits and Duties:
I. You will have access to earlier versions of Perisno, but you must write reports of possible and impossible bugs, glitches, CTDs, texture problems, everything, put your reports in detail then, the developers can see what's what.

II. You can play the game like you would play any game normally, but keep in mind the goals set by the developers and write your reports here or in the Bug reports topic.

III. Being volunteer to test Perisno will speed up development, and you will get to play the latest, and ensure that the module is polished neatly.

IV. Volunteer testers will have their names listed in the credits if they commit themselves to help us, you will have access to the latest of the World of Perisno, but in return, you ought help us.

V. Your input is valuable to us, so when giving suggestions, we'll give your suggestions, prime priority.

I will be testing the module myself, so before reporting any bugs make sure they aren't already "Listed", currently my goals are to find out about:

The estimated percentage of items, displayed in the various merchant menues.
Of significant interest in that respect would be...
-Percentage of armors related to the rest of stuff at the armorer
-Percentage of shields at the Weaponsmith
-Percentage of weapons a.t. Weaponsmith
-Percentage of consumables at the goods-trader

If whilst playing you've already solved some of priorities above, please publish your report.

The directive is very simple, you just gotta play normally, keep the goals in mind whilst playing, test expansively, you just need to dedicate a small measure of your time, about 3 or 4 hours proximately. Furthermore, enjoy.

Don't push yourself over the edge, we just need precise reports that can be researched while playing normally, and guaranteed, if we have enough volunteers, bugs will be non-existant in Perisno, making a smoother and more enjoyable gameplay for all, ain't that honorable? together we're strong.

Any and all help is appreciated, even if all you do is to plunder and loot villages.

This is brought to you by the Perisno Developer Team Aid us, or die.

Thank you for your attention.

And yes, I taught myself English, and.. All Your Base Are Belong To Us.

Michadr said:
After losing our development forum, we also lost the bug list for the testing version (0.7)
So here is what i need.

-(3 or 4) Testers. First (3-4) to post will get the the positions.
- You will be PM'd a link for the testing version (newer then the last one) and you will test for bugs, and report them here>
http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/perisno-forums/index.php?board=4.0
- you will need to sign up to the dev. forum > http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/perisno-forums/index.php
- Each tester should open a new thread and update it will their bugs :smile:
Sound good? well lets go!

The reason these bugs should not be posted on the TW bug thread is because that bug thread is ONLY for released versions. This one i can keep track of the 0.7 bugs better.

regards
-Michadr

Testers (7)
1) Equinoxdawg
2) T.L.S.
3) Shidan
4) gsanders
5) Cider
6) Pikalyze
7) Strawberry_Lisa

Latest Report:
Investigating Faction Relations, hostile factions shifts, increase and decrease of player relations with factions.

Notes:
Reports suggest that some factions when relations increase to green or neutral they would still chase players and attack, but they wouldn't give players the option to fight, only to surrender. An very frustrating bug that I will be researching and giving the results to the Developers.

We've got work to do, this is the TESTING version of the upcoming next module version, not the playable version though, for those enthusiastic, it comes with a few bugs, as expected, we'll crush these bugs, and make them disappear!

Known module version bugs:
-Dwarven Faction is not done, game script assumes it's player faction and sends some messages about stewards.
-Developers are saying that Rhino Hunting parties are bugged, be careful around them, or test them when possible, like a movie motto, if it bleeds, it can be killed :twisted:

Goals:
-Test A.I Behavior, formation usage, we have new features such as rows, test them.
-Free Testing, that is; You're set to test this testing version as you deem fit, and publish your reports about your findings, that is; Bugs, Glitches, Errors, Fps drops, anything that can come of note, you don't need to be a sherlock holmes, but you're Perisno detective, solve these cases. officer.
-Observe the Dwarven Faction behavior, they are not finished, and aren't supposed to have parties or anything a lord would do, as far I can tell.
-Publish your reports, even if there's another report about the same error, we've all got unique perceptions, try to discuss your findings with each other when possible.
-Give us your suggestions, where should this be put? what could be improved? what kind of music this scenario needs? your input is most valuable to us.

NEW TESTING MODULE VERSION:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9oIWrUvHufJYjNaWnNHMnZqLTg/edit?usp=sharing

I wouldn't discuss the process involved in putting 1G of files online, If anyone knows how to create a Torrent p2p share archive so we can test the new version without murdering our internet access would be great, if interested, express your interest to @Michadr.

The real work has begun, remember, the Perisno Team is counting on you, if we strain one person to do alone what several capable minds can, he wouldn't be able, that's what volunteerism is for it's a honorable calling, human, everyone working together towards a bigger goal, our greatest achievement is yet to come, words hardly express the thankfulness of our team, but thank you, thank you for your time.

Misc music edit:

Note: we'll be using some T.S.F.H songs in the future as we have permission to do so in our projects, many will fall into faction songs, other will be in Perisno just because they're so damn awesome, I hope you enjoy, this is not the BEST playlist around youtube, but has many personal favorites in it.

25 - Earth Rising (0:00)
24 - Exodus (3:27)
23 - Forces Of Destiny (7:00)
22 - Strength Of A Thousand Men (9:35)
21 - Birth Of A Hero (11:5:cool:
20 - Norwegian Pirate (14:15)
19 - After The Fall (17:17)
18 - Love & Loss (19:50)
17 - Starfall (22:00)
16 - United We Stand, Divided We Fall (25:15)
15 - Black Blade (29:20)
14 - Flameheart (32:20)
13 - Moving Mountains (34:10)
12 - Dragon Rider (37:23)
11 - Fatal Fury (39:10)
10 - Nemesis (42:10)
9 - Invincible (43:33)
8 - False King (46:2:cool:
7 - Freedom Fighter (48:49)
6 - Tristan (51:16)
5 - The Last Stand (53:55)
4 - Archangel (56:49)
3 - Protectors Of The Earth (59:30)
2 - Heart of Courage (1:02:22)
1 - To Glory (1:04:2:cool:

-RESERVED- <--- Note to Self: sir, I think you've reached a limit.

Lord of Shadows said:
I'm the volunteer number 1. :smile: I don't want to die.

Aye, I'll include you in the cadre, heed herewith, there will be new testing goals soon, if any of the developers/administrators wish add something, or edit, please, do so.

If you have any questions feel free to let us know about it, meanwhile, observe the current goals, publish any reports and findings you have discovered.

Also, do you have access to the latest module version?

I don't have a lot of experience making mods but I have played most of them and can probably recognize a bug when I see it.  I'll be volunteer #2 for testing.

Lord of Shadows said:
You mean 0.611? Yes.

No.

Wrong version, I will give you a link when Michadr fixes the latest bug and puts it online, or perhaps, erm.. I will look into, I'll see if the others can upload a version strictly for testings here.

Vendi86 said:
I don't have a lot of experience making mods but I have played most of them and can probably recognize a bug when I see it.  I'll be volunteer #2 for testing.

Welcome, I'll count on you too,  I will look into a testing version and put it here, so you all can perhaps, download it and publish your reports, if you have any futher questions on the directives, just ask.

Gryffindor said:
Reports suggest that some factions when relations increase to green or neutral they would still chase players and attack, but they wouldn't give players the option to fight, only to surrender.
That would be the outlaws/bandits. And the option is only to leave, not to surrender.
I will try to make some screenshots.

scotywest said:
I'll test \o

Welcome. I'm still trying to put everything in order, so test the actual version before I put the testing version online.

Ravhasin said:
can I join as well? I haven't got much experience in modding as well.

Of course you can Join, play the game and publish any reports of your findings, I will put a testing version online for all to test soon.

telume said:

If you have any questions on the directives, or anything,  feel free to ask.

Lord of Shadows said:
Gryffindor said:
Reports suggest that some factions when relations increase to green or neutral they would still chase players and attack, but they wouldn't give players the option to fight, only to surrender.
That would be the outlaws/bandits. And the option is only to leave, not to surrender.
I will try to make some screenshots.

Please, do that, I'm waiting a reply from Michadr about a Test version I can upload here so I can give all the volunteers the latest version, but if there anything of note in the playable version, please, note them and publish a report for us.

T.L.S. said:
Gladly volunteering. And not only because i don't want to die Have some alfa\pre-beta testing experience.

Welcome, I will soon upload a testing version as mentioned, but test the playable version as well and see if there's anything that needs polished and publish your reports.

To all:

Everyone is welcome to join and be a volunteer, you don't really need "permission", but having access to the latest of perisno, it is at least expected of you to publish at least 2 or more reports, it can help us polish the module, make the game smoother and more enjoyable for all.

And of course, if someone volunteered just to have access to the latest version and avoided helping us smash bugs, I'm going to hex you, you bastard.

For when are you looking for these "testers"?
Currently, i have BIG exams (GCSEs) looming within the week, so i won't be able to contribute.
But if still needed, i would be happy to help from ~June 20.
Thanks

Joshua Ryde said:
For when are you looking for these "testers"?
Currently, i have BIG exams (GCSEs) looming within the week, so i won't be able to contribute.
But if still needed, i would be happy to help from ~June 20.
Thanks
As soon as i finish uploading the testing version. As always there is no telling when that will be successful. Hopefully today or tomorrow...

Alright, we've got enough people for now, and we have a version to test, please keep in mind this is NOT a playable version, it's a test version, the playable version will come next, those interested in testing please check the main commentaries, for further information on the directives.

Please, check the first post for more information, thank you all for your interest.

Back
Top Bottom