Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Like I said in the old thread, buff spears, give dolabra a small boost to damage or something to make it different from the best sword and give spears to Celtic Spearmen.

Increase the horse-bump damage when the horse is moving at full speed. A full sized horse during a charge would normally instantly kill any man who stood in it's way if it knocked into them.
I'm not saying this because i'm a pro-cav player, i'm saying this because it would make cavalry far more deadly in the field, and would force infantry to re-think their anti-cav tactics. Would also bump realism up a notch.

Also, increase the damage of arrows slightly to something reminiscent of what would have happened if you go hit by one relative to the what body part you got hit in. I know this would make archers deadly at range, but they do suffer for it in melee.
2-3 hits to the chest depending on armour values should be enough to kill a man whilst keeping gameplay fair and balanced. What i'm seeing in native and indeed other mods, particularly MnG is 3+ shots, which negates the arches only real advantage in it's ranged power.

Like asad, I couldn't find a server, but I played yesterday for a few hours with some bots, and the mod is great, the only problem I have with it is that the Greeks seem a little weak. The Roman and the Celt bots always destroyed them when I played.

Here's a link to a OSP item pack for the period. You may already have it for all I know.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,179179.0.html

DiggerDog said:
I have a question.
How many people play this mod? (Approximately)

I've no idea. Sorry :razz:

Ej777 said:
Increase the horse-bump damage when the horse is moving at full speed. A full sized horse during a charge would normally instantly kill any man who stood in it's way if it knocked into them.
I'm not saying this because i'm a pro-cav player, i'm saying this because it would make cavalry far more deadly in the field, and would force infantry to re-think their anti-cav tactics. Would also bump realism up a notch.

Also, increase the damage of arrows slightly to something reminiscent of what would have happened if you go hit by one relative to the what body part you got hit in. I know this would make archers deadly at range, but they do suffer for it in melee.
2-3 hits to the chest depending on armour values should be enough to kill a man whilst keeping gameplay fair and balanced. What i'm seeing in native and indeed other mods, particularly MnG is 3+ shots, which negates the arches only real advantage in it's ranged power.

Personal I wouldn't see much into this. I rather think it will make people rage. Aswell you suggested this at the M&G Suggestion thread. And I don't want to end up with the same as M&G.

And aswell you shouldn't think we will do eveything the same as M&G. It's definitly not our goal. 

Sorry if I dissapointed you.  :oops:

Gokiller

gokiller said:
DiggerDog said:
I have a question.
How many people play this mod? (Approximately)

I've no idea. Sorry :razz:

Ej777 said:

Personal I wouldn't see much into this. I rather think it will make people rage. Aswell you suggested this at the M&G Suggestion thread. And I don't want to end up with the same as M&G.

And aswell you shouldn't think we will do eveything the same as M&G. It's definitly not our goal. 

Sorry if I dissapointed you.  :oops:

Gokiller

It's alright don't worry only a suggestion. And I don't want to sort of 'pick sides' yet on what mod i'm supporting. So that's why i'm posting the same ideas in each mod thread.

Hi there. Everything looks great and I'm liking what you guys are putting together. I am wondering if it possible to use all these great assets in the Napoleon DLC. The main thing I'm picturing is Legions etc en mass in the commander battle mode. If possible it could make this mod a real spotlight and provide endless fun.

eeliuse said:
Hi there. Everything looks great and I'm liking what you guys are putting together. I am wondering if it possible to use all these great assets in the Napoleon DLC. The main thing I'm picturing is Legions etc en mass in the commander battle mode. If possible it could make this mod a real spotlight and provide endless fun.
Commander battle would be GLORIOUS.
Fire at my command! The Centurion shouts as his legions draw their pilum,
He then raises his gladius, and slashes in the direction of the enemy, shouting loose at the top of his lungs.
His legion then unleashes all hell upon the enemy, and then forms a double rank shield wall awaiting the countervolley..
Then the melee begins, and the legion holds ranks, and fights as a wall. Stabbing the Gallic Hordes in a controlled manner as to not break formation.

Back
Top Bottom