Treasure hunt

Users who are viewing this thread

Camp entranchments, sir.

When finding an entranchment, I saw no use except resting and defending in it. So, when finding one, the easiest way to implement is to make that when you encounter an entranchment, you can have a option menu popping out, just like encountering witches and "dying men". With two options: search or leave.

Clicking on the search option may give you:
- Random amount of gold and "rare" stuff
- Booby traps, which automatically wounds or kills a random amount of men in your group (and the player)
- An actual scene with an entranchment, fighting a random amount of bandits (maybe skeletons?) along with a limited amount of your men, just like bandit camps. after you kill them all, you get your random stuff. Or, failing, you are wounded and unable to move for some time.

Clicking the leave button may give you:
- Leaving (duh)
- Booby traps and leaving
- Failing to leave, fighting the guards (bandits)

Or, apart from the camps, this can be another random encounter with a option menu. You encounter a strange place, there may be something useful over here bla bla... What to do?

This can be the easiest one sir, and can be really easy for you, considering all the awesome stuff you did. :grin:
To make this more like a hunt, again, just like the bandit camp missions, lords can give this as a quest, maybe also tavern keepers, farmers, travelers, there is a strange place around here with some stuff hidden in it bla bla you can find and get these bla bla... It can also may or may not appear on the map this way, a completely random encounter or a place already marked.

but, if you have time and the skill, you can create a dungeon scene with bandits inside it, fighting your way in, getting the random rewards from a chest, and getting out. This can be hard and demanding for you, but can be an awesome addition.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Adding a scene could be feasible.
I don't really have concerns about how the player could get the quest. A map, reading a book, etc.
Treasure itself will probably be like you said, a spot on the map.
However, how is the player supposed to find this spot ?

I could add a camp menu like "do you want to check your treasure map ?" And gain indications from this.
I would like to randomize it. So the map or indication could go like:
"this map reminds you of *whatever random name of town, village or else* vicinity".

However, what kind of indications?
As for treasure itself, it can be a sum of money, rare item (like heirloom). As I am also considering adding an artifact sustem, it could be some relic you could add to your artifact item. Well, this is not really a concern, I would just like to make looking for the treasure "fun".

And please, Cern or Cernunos would be great :smile:

I will go that way:
from whatever event, the player will receive a treasure hunting quest.
It will tell him to go look around a town.
From there, through game menu, he will have the option to check. There will be 4 different results:
Failure: ht eplayer will only gain XPs, but no treasure.
Keep looking: the player will receive another location indication. Once there, he will have to look again.
False clue: the player will have to go back, and look again.
Discovery: the player will receive a final indication (the treasure is very close to XXX, go looking there), or "the treasure is between "XXX" and "YYY", go look there).

Then, some digging/searching, and TADAAAAA, the player will get his treasure.
All randomized, so no hunt will ever be the same.
What do you think ?

Sounds great Cern! I still may have some hard-to-do ideas, like random chance of another treasure hunting party (bandits? travelers?) in the area:
You can attack them (after defeating them getting another clue from them),
Talk to them, if persuasion skill is high enough, persuading them to give their information for dividing the prize (or maybe not, depends on player).
Or just leave them be.

Basic system added, as OSP.

No rigalesque features added yet. This will come.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,302625.0.html

The random treasure hunt system is added, and works fine:
From looting looters or bandit camps, or from random encounter, the player could find a treasure map. From there, he will have to look around cities, until he finds a treasure. Or not. It is very simple to follow in game. I added a treasure hunting knowledge and skill, to vastly improve chances of finding the treasure after a long hunt. For now, treasure is only gold and XPS (the longer the hunt, the more of them). When I add more specific features, I will add more diversity to treasures (special weapons, special knowledges, and so on...)

Back
Top Bottom