PREVIOUS EVENT: Dněprŭ (May 18th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Finally! The event has come to our doorstep, I've waited this loooong time. Time to take my banner once more and inspire our manly soldiers out there!

Saber Rider said:
I'll be using the name Вишеслав Воиславић (Višeslav Vojislavić or Vojislavich) a Serbian noble seeking to fight alongside his Orthodox/Pagan brothers.
Well, can't say having a Serbian noble in this scenario would make much sense. :razz:

Anyway, would you prefer the Serbian Old Church Slavonic form of your name rather than the Modern Serbian one? That should be Вышеславъ Воиславичь (Vyšeslavŭ Voislavičĭ).

Slavic event without Slavs ? Polanins will join for sure! Not decided on side yet, but we still got time - have to spread the word !
Sława!!!

RandomUsername said:
I can but echo what others have already said - gob-smackingly amazing work all around!
And I can but agree with this notion - great work and a splendid thread! Thumbs up, Hroþa and Æþela!
Looking forward for another great melee. :smile:

hrotha said:
Saber Rider said:
I'll be using the name Вишеслав Воиславић (Višeslav Vojislavić or Vojislavich) a Serbian noble seeking to fight alongside his Orthodox/Pagan brothers.
Well, can't say having a Serbian noble in this scenario would make much sense. :razz:

Anyway, would you prefer the Serbian Old Church Slavonic form of your name rather than the Modern Serbian one? That should be Вышеславъ Воиславичь (Vyšeslavŭ Voislavičĭ).

It doesn't make much sense, I know. :razz:

I was thinking of using the Old Church Slavonic form, actually. Sure thing then, Вышеславъ Воиславичь it is. :smile:

Can I just put forward the notion that, for simplicity's sake, all in-game names should be written in the Latin alphabet rather than Cyrillic?

Aklis said:
Can I just put forward the notion that, for simplicity's sake, all in-game names should be written in the Latin alphabet rather than Cyrillic?

I don't really see the need for it; let people use whatever alphabet they're comfortable with, and if they want to achieve an extra level of authenticity then they can try Cyrillic.

Yeah, personally I'd be fine with Cyrillic if it weren't for the fact that it would make things much harder for the admins. Looking for a particular player in a list of Cyrillic names would be a very slow affair, and addressing a particular player through the admin chat would be impossible for most admins. It pains me to say it, but Latin alphabet only.

Haraldr, I updated your name to Vyšeslavŭ Voislavičĭ in the roster of the Christian public host, the Pŭlkŭ Dubogradĭskŭ.

My issue with Cyrillic names is that I, as the leader of the Christian public host, would not be able to pronounce them. I have had situations in the past where I have had people with odd names and trying to give them individual orders is painful.

adanasago1 said:
İ wanna join Pagans my ingame name is "Rurikovich" and for my friend "powerstage".
Added you to the Pŭlkŭ Brodĭskŭ, the Pagan public host. However, your friend will have to sign up himself!
Dasvi2018 said:
Konstantinŭ Stonarichi would fight for the Pŭlkŭ Dubogradĭskŭ!
Done!

Aklis said:
My issue with Cyrillic names is that I, as the leader of the Christian public host, would not be able to pronounce them. I have had situations in the past where I have had people with odd names and trying to give them individual orders is painful.

I'll give you a quick class on pronunciation if you want to. :smile:

Anyway, cheers Hroþa.

I made a wee signature people are free to make use of.

G8xms.png

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,302033.0.html][IMG]https://tw.greywool.com/i/G8xms.png[/IMG][/url]

Its artistic value pales when compared to the signatures created by Æþelfrið, but it's significantly smaller.

Back
Top Bottom