V0.11 Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Cernunos

Banned
Option that vastly reduce wandering fatigue loss, and increase camping gains. It will not change other fatigue gains or losses. This option is added and dowloadable here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3611/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D3611&pUp=1
COMING IN V0.11
- Added possibility to store gold in custom settlements banks (with low interest rate)
- Added schools provide general knowledge points.
- There is an issue with book sellers, I don't think anybody will find any map, so I added book sellers that does the same things as horse, merchant, armor, weapon sellers. It might lead to some unbalance in book management tho..
- Changed village available supplies, so there is much much less than there was before. Villages won't produce as much as towns during fairs now.
- Redoing the skills and guild system, that should make much much easier to add both. I am also considering re-writing my craft system and recipe system.
- Camping and wandering bug identified. No more critical failures so often. Campers and wanderers rejoice ^^.
- Added skinning and butchering knowledge. Increase skinning and butchering skills, + gives a little denar every 24 hours.
- Added skinning and butchering skills. They will increase what you gain from hunt and slaughtering caows.
- Added random treasure hunt feature basics. Need to add a few switch/on into the game. Shaman omens, defeating bandits, buying the treasure map, recover from dying man event for examples. And need to add some more randomness about the hunt. But I like the basics.
- Added recover treasure map from dying man and looting bandit lairs and looters.
- Added Necronomicon book (long to read, available from dying man only. Very hard to come by). It will start the necromancy forbidden knowledge.
- Added treasure hunting skill and knowledge. It will improve the chance to successfully hunt treasure.
- Revamped settlement system. Clearer, easier to use, less micromanagement, but still decisions to make.
- Added battlegrounds. At every battle spot, a battleground appears, that stocks the number of deads occured during the battle.
- Training grounds give free XP if the player party rests in a settlement that has some.
- Player will start with some global knowledge points already, so that he can buy knowledges form the start. Of course, the best at this is the "student" background :smile: .

TODO list:
Create some kind of artifact system. my first guess would be to trade gold and player XP to add powers to an item, and make the item grow in power.
Add ibidil stamina system.
Add fantasy warrior wound system.
Settlements:
Create a precheck to settlement, that would reveal natural ressources close to the settlement.
Create "Palissades", that would allow the player to not be attacked when he rests in the settlement.
Add custom settlement stuff, especially merchants and merchant system.

Create a random treasure hunt system
add switch and randomness to treasure system.

Create gathering spot maps. Use it in some place to spawn random gathering spots, according to a cartography knowledge check, or whatever.

Skills and Knowledges
Adding "little skills" and relevant knowledge
Skinning, to get more hides/furs when hunting, cow killing...
Butchering, to get more meat
Farming, to get more vegies from stuff (increase herboristery stuff)
Geology, to get more minerals, identify veins of ore, and so on.
Horse breeding, to be able to raise and breed horses
Horse breeding and raising and taming ....
Add looting knowledge, to gain looting skill points mostly.
Add ransoming knowledge
[Idea courtesy of Antifiriz.]
Add Factions war knowledge (to boost some skills, and increase war productivity if you deal with a faction or more),
Add pillaging knowledge, to speed up village raiding, get village supplies faster
Add persuasion knowledge
Add kidnapping knowledge, to prevent lords from flying the battlefield.
Add the possibility to recruit deserters, and have a knowledge about it.
[/Idea courtesy of Antifiriz.]
- make optional the fatigue infos on screen.
- add Organized bandistry knowledge
Add wound system
Add forbidden/forgotten knowledges:
    PowderMaking (to create basic gunpowder objects and troops)
    Imbuing (to improve artifacts)
    Necromancy (to recruit skeletons)
Those knowledge would be very hard to find and to complete.

For years, you have been doing amazing things in your lab here. I came by to tell you I tested every version you released and got inspired for my own mod, I admit I loved every each one of it as each had a new feature. Well...And you are still doing amazing things. Great job, much respect.

Thank you so much, Belendor, I really appreciate that.
Should I remind you  you have been the first one to support this mod, years ago ^^

Thank you again, its good to have you around :wink:

Take good care :smile:

I am removing the necromany system and battlegrounds. I want to focus on custom settlements/faction sytem, and forbidden knowledge would need many rules otherwise, so I rather focus on improving what I have, bug fixing, and some balancing. Then I will consider a steam release.

I am curently rewriting/improving/expanding the custom settlements script: health, hapiness changes, wood/stone gathering, and so on...

Cernunos said:
I am curently rewriting/improving/expanding the custom settlements script: health, hapiness changes, wood/stone gathering, and so on...

1)  Have some of the labor that was tending fields in winter out hunting instead so the winter die off is not as pronounced
2) or let players stockpile grain/dried meat against the winter

3) or boost summer/fall harvest so there is more food going to storage. 
    Expand food storage beyond 50% for starting settlements.

4) change the threshold for bandit camp conversions to have fewer settlements fall to bandit camp.
    maybe have them complain once before converting by giving a message that might be seen by the player.

5)  I'd test for you but I'm pretty busy atm elsewhere.  Trying to do this diplomacy merge with your v11 but its really tangled atm.

- GS

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I can't get that patch(to reduce fatigue) to work.  It makes all the game menus go wonky. I don't know if it is the patch or user error on my side, but I have tried six times.  Four times using .10 version and the patch, and two times using .11 alpha and the patch.  By "try," I mean I deleted the Rigale mod folder completely and started over.

I noticed somewhere you mentioned that you don't have enough people playing to test out stuff.  Well, not trying to be a horse's butt, but forcing people to start the game, spending 80 percent of their time recovering fatigue to play for a few seconds, just to start all over recovering fatigue, isn't a great way to encourage interest.  At some point you have to balance how much realism you want against the fun factor.  You have some really , very interesting and very attractive ideas going on here with this mod. 

Back
Top Bottom