Recruiting Bandits

Users who are viewing this thread

JS

Sergeant at Arms
So I've always thought it would be fun to be a bandit lord; raiding and pillaging caravans and villages.

The fun of being a bandit is robbed(see how I did that :wink:) by a few factors (although I'm only allowed to post one in every thread:smile:):

Just how hard it is to get "real bandits" (e.g. Forest Bandits, Tundra Bandits, Sea Raiders, etc.) I am usually forced to recruit men from villages, and after a while, find myself with knights in shining armor as my companions. How often did you see Robin Hood walking around with brightly colored soldiers dressed in armor that the sheriff could see a half-mile away? :wink:

And while I can defeat bandits and then recruit them, this is a long and painful process, of which, with one lousy battle, can ruin your success as a bandit lord.

After you've acquired enough bandits to start doing some real damage (which, again, takes quite a while), you find you have a slow party, (despite training quite a bit in Path Finding), which allows the lords of the land to catch up with you, and ultimately lock you up in a nice prison cell. And then you are forced to go about and start recruiting all over again.

So I think there should be an easier way to recruit bandits. Maybe make Bandit Havens where you can recruit brigands and the like?

So I do have some more ideas for making the bandits more fun, but I guess we're supposed to stick to one topic at a time, so I guess I'll see how this one comes over. :smile:

~Twinkle, outlawish-ly

Nice idea I would improve it by making few bandit lords (2-3 enough) and even a King for every bandit faction (Forest/Taiga and etc..) taking quests from the lords/king like murdering/stealing/looting and when you gain the trust of the bandit king a special quest will be given to conquer or build (If you choose to build it means to upgrade your hideout, but it will drop your advantage later) after the kingdom is created the specific bandit faction will gain special upgrades for their troops (the upgrades still not make them as strong as other faction troops), change color in the map the hideout will be part of the kingdom as well (and it will keep making bandit groups, unless u made it a castle) so this is gonna be the advantage of this kingdom but it will have -20 relationship with every faction and most likely will be war with most of them.

the bandit lords will not have any special armors and weapons but when they become a kingdom they shall start wearing heavy chain mail with a skull helmet and ride unarmored horse  + a big boost in renown

If the bandit kingdom manages to survive and at the end their king manages to get 100 Right To Rule (Most likely only from wars) the kingdom shall have a reform, Bandit troops will change names, get better equipment that will compare to other factions in strength but will have the highest weapon prof because they fought endless wars, Lords and King will have a boost in their stats and they will start using tactics, the kingdom will start acting as a normal faction.

of course I wish to see a much bigger map than Calradia so all this process will have time to work.

and just another suggestion is to add upgrades to your kingdom, Making them wear better armor/weapons, harder training, give such options to AI factions but the more you upgrade your troops the more exp you will need to level them, even in x5 more exp so it will make it rare and overall more enjoyable to finally train a top tier champion who compares as 5 of enemies best troops.

And maybe the ability to treat and work with other bandit tribes. So that you could plot ambushes and stuff.

~Twinkle

Back
Top Bottom