Late 13th century Illustrations of Crusaders in Histoire d'Outremer

Users who are viewing this thread

Druzhina

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Late 13th century Illustrations of Crusaders & Saracens

Ian Heath based his late 13th century Frankish infantryman on Histoire d'Outremer by William of Tyre, Saint-Jean-d'Acre, Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem, BnF Fr 9084 with oval shields  from Histoire d'Outremer, Boulogne-sur-mer BM Ms 142
attachment.php

MIRROR SITE
Histoire d'Outremer by William of Tyre, Saint-Jean-d'Acre, Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem, late 13th century, BnF Fr 9084

Druzhina
13th century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Okay.
I have stuff I've been itching to say to you for a while.

Firstly, Druzhina, thank you for all the Ian Heath images. I have a folder which I am filling with as many as I can find.

Secondly, following up with that, PLEASE ADD A LINK THAT GOES TO THE PREVIOUS IMAGE.
When I take a look at this image for example: http://warfare2.likamva.in/WRG/Feudal-121-Hungarian_Heavy_Cavalryman-12C.htm
There is no link to figure 120. For the life of me I cannot find the index where I can see the previous images.

PLEASE ADD PREVIOUS IMAGE LINKS. You do handle that site, right?

Hi Rallix,

It is not my intention to reproduce Ian Heath's book, but to have small extracts where value is added by linking them to their sources. After a previous request I have linked those available to the next. If a figure is not in the 'Next' loop then it is not available (including Feudal fig. 120). I will add more extracts as I discover more sources.

Here are some starting positions:
Armies of the Dark Ages 600-1066, by Ian Heath
Armies of Feudal Europe 1066-1300, by Ian Heath
Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291, by Ian Heath
Armies of the Middle Ages, Volume 1 by Ian Heath
Armies of the Middle Ages, Volume 2 by Ian Heath

Druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Back
Top Bottom