Banner-Function?

Users who are viewing this thread

Eisenfaust

Recruit
Hi everyone,

awesome mod! I really enjoy playing it already and can't wait for updates :grin:.

However I have a question concerning the banners carried by the Vexillarii and similar units: Do they have an actual function (except from being huge clubs ^^) and is it possible to aquire one (without cheating)?

I tried to loot one in battle by taking it from the ground and putting it into the baggage train - however it was gone after battle. But I read in the item description that pressing Q would heal something/one, nothing happened however after I hit Q...

And does it have any advantages to have centuriones and vexillarii in your army or they just cool looking swordsmen?

The Q key thing is for multiplayer only for now but I should allow the player to roleplay a standard bearer and loot some banners, so far it serves no purpose for the AI rather than presentation.
I planned on overhauling a bit the morale system in the near future with the possibility of mass routing if things go wrong and having a standard bearer or an officer would provide a morale bonus, right now morale is a bit too high so routing is rather rare for the "professional" armies although if you read a bit about history you'd see some occasions in which a simple occurrence would break morale and turn the tide of battle (Like when Agathocles was dealing with Dinocrates and his rebellion).
In short, limited purpose right now but possibility of expansion in the future.

Those plans sound sweet - making enemy standard carrier and officers high priority targets just like they actually were! Looking forward :grin:

Will propably aquire one standard by cheat right now - want one of my companions to be my vexillarius ^^

Thanks for the answer.

Back
Top Bottom