Split troop assignements

Users who are viewing this thread

nemeth

Recruit
First, sorry if this has been brought up before but my search didn't find anything of use related to this. I just started using this feature to split my swadian billmen, and it worked fine, except the fact that from that moment on, my companions and for some reason my archers stopped following my orders. Cavalry, infantry and the two billmen units worked fine, but archers and my companions just ignored me and happily trotted onwards towards the enemy. The exception were the archers who obeyed me when i specifically ordered them to follow me. Every other command they ignored.
The companions, even though in party window they were assigned to archer and cavalry units, would not get selected when I selected that particular unit in battle. They wouldn't even get selected when using the "everyone" command.
Wierdly, my one companion assigned to infantry unit did not challange my authority and had no problem following orders given to him and his unit.

You can imagine that after couple of battles in which I lost majority of my archers because they charged the enemy lines instantly I was forced to disable the troop split, which fixed every issue. I really want to use the split troop option, but it makes the game virtually unplayable, as I can't control part of my army. Which brings me here. Is anyone here using the Split troop with any succes? Do I have to do something special to make it work properly? Or should I just abandon all hope of double billmen squad covering my flanks in battles?

Back
Top Bottom