European blood : New PW submod wargame overhaul.

Do you like this submod ?

• Yes

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Aldric

Grandmaster Knight
Hello everyone,

In order to fix the common PW problem. We are working in a new submod for PW. 

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=301585.msg7154663#msg7154663
Please feel free to tell us what you think

Tired of cutting trees ?  Hitting rocks ? Holding F forever ? Looting weimar republic's bankers bodies ?

Welcome then

Features

The following feature will be ready for the first alpha version.​

• Automated ressources production in village. Production rate variable to stockpiled tools and server population.
  • Automated crafting through website. Only for factions.
  • New contents : Dozens new building, new usable weapons and armour, including new heraldic armors.
  • Reworked Combat : Reviewed combat. Heavily armored troops are more durable in fighting, bows are less effective against armored troops, combat horse are more durable and more efficient in charge. And much more.
  • Less working, more raiding : Resting and processing time halved. Most combat class can now use carts. Money is made by conveying resources from villages to castle OR by processing raw resources to crafting resources castle.

This looks interesting, good luck.
hirovard said:
why not just remove limited stock piles whilst your at it and go back to the game play of V3 but with more factions and classes?
That is already possible in PW, and has been for about a year: just use the "quick battle" game mode which disables stockpiling and crafting, enabling unlimited buying of items at every station.

Splintert said:
Conquest? Deathmatch?

What do you mean ? It will be a conquest yes.
hirovard said:
why not just remove limited stock piles whilst your at it and go back to the game play of V3 but with more factions and classes?

I want ressources management and tactics; not aimless fighting.

Aldric said:
Hello everyone,

Tired of cutting trees ?  Hitting rocks ? Holding F forever ? Looting weimar republic's bankers bodies ?

Welcome then

Features

• Automated ressources production in village. Production rate variable to stockpiled tools and server population.
  • New contents : Dozens new building, new usable weapons and armour, including new heraldic armors.
  • Reworked Combat : Reviewed combat. Heavily armored troops are more durable in fighting, bows are less effective against armored troops, combat horse are more durable and more efficient in charge. And much more.
  • Less working, more raiding : Resting and processing time halved. Most combat class can now use carts. Money is made by conveying resources from villages to castle OR by processing raw resources to crafting resources castle.

Are you ****ing serious?​

ChrisTheThird said:
Aldric said:
Hello everyone,

Welcome then

Features

Are you ******** serious?

We intend to have a knight style type for PW. Including efficient armor against cut damage and heavy charge capability against troops without polearms.
With the money being less common than grass and heavy armour using a lot of iron resources it would be quite difficult for a faction to field a lot of knights.
But if they do it's worth it.
Archery, with some exception is a uneffective way to take down heavy armored troops. Crossbowman, infantry with piercing weapons ( halberd, pike, steel pick ) will be a better way to handle them, but of course, crossbow and heavy infantry weapons are more expensive in terms of resources to produce.​

Splintert said:
But those resources are produced automatically over time without even being in the game. Thus meaning it takes no effort to produce them.

The effort lies in controlling them, not wasting time hitting a rock. Instead protecting your traders against the enemies.

Ra'Jiska said:
ChrisTheThird said:

Go ahead, we're open to any constructive suggestion...
There is nothing worse than a ******** cavfaggot, Calvary is already ridiculously overpowered and you want to make it more powerful.

Plus the fact the comment on "weimar bankers" has no relevance to PW or Warband whatsoever.

Although pissing of dip**** autists who care about "muh rp resource gathering" stops this mod from royally ******** up

ChrisTheThird said:
Ra'Jiska said:
ChrisTheThird said:

There is nothing worse than a ******** cavfaggot, Calvary is already ridiculously overpowered and you want to make it more powerful.

Plus the fact the comment on "weimar bankers" has no relevance to PW or Warband whatsoever.

Although pissing of dip**** autists who care about "muh rp resource gathering" stops this mod from royally ******** up

That would fun if you manage to talk without a insult at each sentence.

Now let see.

Weimar banker is a punt intend for the current unlimited bank system which i don't approve. PW players would understand.

Cavalry is powerful right. But it should be powerful enough to be a deterent to any non-polearm infantry.
The fact that horses, horsemen and heavyarmor will be expensive to buy and maintain, in a system where i repeat, money will be somewhat less common than grass. will balance out.

Now if i gave 1 M to everyone in my system this would fail. If the powerful knights form an elite to be feared but few in numbers it will be good.

People moan about how the economy is useless and noone ever uses it.

This guy comes up with solutions to streamline but made the mistake of posting it here.

Good luck to you. The community are probably too closed minded for anything new though.

Aldric said:
ChrisTheThird said:
Ra'Jiska said:
ChrisTheThird said:

That would fun if you manage to talk without a insult at each sentence.

Now let see.

Weimar banker is a punt intend for the current unlimited bank system which i don't approve. PW players would understand.

Cavalry is powerful right. But it should be powerful enough to be a deterent to any non-polearm infantry.
The fact that horses, horsemen and heavyarmor will be expensive to buy and maintain, in a system where i repeat, money will be somewhat less common than grass. will balance out.

Now if i gave 1 M to everyone in my system this would fail. If the powerful knights form an elite to be feared but few in numbers it will be good.
Except that won't happen, unless you actually limit the amount of money players can have (and by that I mean a set amount they can actually have) players will still find ways to make enough money to buy overpowered gear. Secondly cavalry is powerful enough to ignore polearm infantry, as in you can charge a charger into a pike take the damage for your horse and then slash the guy in close quarters. Hell I've seen ****ing pikes bounce of chargers.

Except that won't happen, unless you actually limit the amount of money players can have (and by that I mean a set amount they can actually have) players will still find ways to make enough money to buy overpowered gear. Secondly cavalry is powerful enough to ignore polearm infantry, as in you can charge a charger into a pike take the damage for your horse and then slash the guy in close quarters. Hell I've seen ******** pikes bounce of chargers.

The actual savable money is limited to 125K on money pouch and 50K in the bank (minus deposit taxes of 25 on each deposit)
175 is roughly 3 X full knight set gear including horse. And probably not even the top notch stuff.
Concerning money making. All the stockpiles except the pw_buy for weapons, horse, and armor are caped to 50 or 100 max. You can’t produce infinite money just by gathering ressources if the ressources aren’t used in actual gear production.

With those system,  and no items/position save It will make it a high turnover of gear dues to death battle & crafting and a high production due to limited materials stock before the finishing products;

It’s essentially a factory with lean management and minimum intermediate stocks.
The production is pushed by demand caused by battle.
And the production reward people that work in the production line until the product is finished. So there is no critical weak chain.

It’s supply chain management, in theory it will works.
Concerning the rest it's just battle balance

Back
Top Bottom