MP Medieval [WB] European blood : PW submod Wargame overhaul. Thread reworked

Users who are viewing this thread

Aldric

Grandmaster Knight
ibhK5kB.png

Perhaps, though some do enjoy the toil, you tire of cutting tree's, of chipping away at iron ore, of waiting for your cows to grow up.

Perhaps, you wish for something more, you wish to enjoy your Persistent World experience in a different way, you wish for a deeper war experience, a more intricate diplomacy system maybe?

Perhaps, we can offer you that.

6fCrHcW.png
GLbnHXS.png
X9Z1LsB.png
You are a warrior, no even
better, you are  a soldier.
You want to bring glory to
your house and prove your
superiority in combat! Ha!
If only it were that simple!
Fighting is one thing,
controlling resources and
trade lines, however, that is
another thing entirely.
The armoury at your disposal
seems the thing of legends,
and with these fine blades you
shall defend your land, your Lord
and your honour.
Or you will die trying.
You are a Lord, perhaps
even a King, or an Emperor!
You carefully plan how to
enforce your dominion over
new lands. Gold lies in control
of resources, control the villages
, establish trade routes and fill
your stockpiles. But once within
your holdfasts it is over to the
noble blacksmith to forge the
blades that will enforce law and
order within your Kingdom control.
Your foes will swear fealty to you,
or they'll starve as you take their
lands and blockade their forts!
You are an outlaw  a wench,
Highwayman, brigand,
deserter, anarchist,
no-one likes you. And
everyone wants to kill you,
but it is a rich world,
and one which you are
free to plunder.
You will take what you
want by fire and sword!
Or you shall die, left to
rot in a cold cramped cell.

Website  is still WIP​

Features

The following feature will be ready for the first alpha version.​

• Automated ressources production in village. Production rate variable to stockpiled tools and server population.
  • Automated crafting through website. Only for factions.
  • New contents : Dozens new building, new usable weapons and armour, including new heraldic armors.
  • Reworked Combat : Reviewed combat. Heavily armored troops are more durable in fighting, bows are less effective against armored troops, combat horse are more durable and more efficient in charge. And much more.
  • Less working, more raiding : Resting and processing time halved. Most combat class can now use carts. Money is made by conveying resources from villages to castle OR by processing raw resources to crafting resources castle.

Server Side Features

The first alpha servers will be hosted by an official team until the mod is fully developed.
We intend to have servers where the strategic balance will be handled by competing players and factions. Commoners won't drop money and outlaw will be KoS.
Factions could be subjugated (Vassalized by force) and exterminated (disbanded to commoners)  when the diplomacy mod will be up.​

Concerning server scripts :

• Limited and taxed banking : Below 50K per game ID. 25% tax on each deposit.
  • No item save to reduce weapons and armours persistence and force high production from players.
  • No position save : Too easy to abuse by "combat logging".

Planned features

• New diplomacy mod allowing forceful vassalization, control over vassals and extermination of enemy factions instead of capturing castle.
  • Firearms : Balanced, inaccurate, expensive early firearms. It will be an effective way to fend off the heaviest troops. Only specialized troops will be able to use them.
  • Special nation choice for factions within a range of medieval europeans countries with unique armory and classes.
  • Community website with noble house and earnable ranks for active players.
  • Automatic foodstock in castle for full health respawn of  their members.
  • Repairable siege camp for forward spawn in siege.
  • Buildable improvement for village productions.
  • Long term persistence on website for high ranks characters and houses.

FAQ

How does auto ressources villages work ?

We have a special system where stockpiles in village, also called auto stockpiles got a fixed rate of production for the resources they sell.
At each 15 minutes. A tick in enabled in all the maps to create a certain amount of resources
The ressources cap is severely limited  (50-100 stocks max) to avoid stockpiling to infinite.

The production only concerns resources and food. There is no combat gear production in village.
The buying price is extremely low, and work as a great way to make money by convoying resources from village to factions.

Castle stockpiles where the resources are sold are at a normal price.
It will be capped to avoid unlimited stocking without real demands of the goods.

For example :

a village has a woodcutting hut producing woodblock and branches.
The stockpiles are similar to PW
Anyone can come and buy the ressources.
Each 15 minutes 5 woodblock and 5 branch are respawned in the stock. No work is needed from players.

And what are the auto resource variables  ?
Concerning variables

• Night time shift : Villages only work at full capacity when a certain amount of players is reached. When a threshold (like 80 players/decided by the server owner ) is reached. Production increases by a X4 multiplier

This allow to prevent players from grinding out of proportion comparatively to the server activity.

• Tools : Villages have tools stockpiles to allow them to work faster. Crafting tools in castle and selling them in villages increase production by 50% (X0.5 multiplier ).
    Tools type depend of the production (wood = woodcutter axe, iron = mining pick, meat/leather = butchering knives)

Multipliers does stack.

Does traditional harvesting is impossible now ?

No, you can still use worker class to harvest resources the old way. And low rank soldiers will have the same harvesting skills as serfs.  Non-elite troops will be able to use carts,boxes and all type of transports items.

Therefore harvesting resources manually would only be needed for starved factions who cannot set foot to any village.

What about manual (F button ) crafting  ?

Crafting often was a lucrative but tiresome task, especially when it was essentially a repetitive work to mass craft for a full army.
The new system still force to some extend to work processing raw resources to crafting resources. For example cutting woodblock into wood board.
However, all non-elite combat class can do the raw manufacturing work for a small profits.

The lord still have to carefully plan the need for crafting resource depending of what he want to produce on the website. For example crafting bows will require a large amount of wood pole, and its need to be stockpiles before the lord launch the producing on website.

What about roleplay  ?

I'm a eager roleplayer myself, i used to participate in tabletop RP, forum RP, and chat RP in PW mod. Now we must be realistic. The players base of RP and the fighters players base got a different flow of gaming and can't be put in the same environnements.

- Roleplayers will tend to ask for admins protection and intervention to be able to set up a proper environment for roleplay ( decently safe tavern, anti-randomer rules, respected ranks, ect ... )
- The fighters will see that a meddle to protect weak players who aren't able to fight like men. They would often call them lawyers or whiners.

The roleplayers will be at home in future versions of the mod  with courtly meeting, RP only events, and forum medieval RP. Where their decision will impact diplomacy and balance of powers. And where they will be rewarded for their activity as roleplayers. But for now, early versions of the mod will focus on warfare.
Of course, we won't forbid people to make their own roleplay chat and diplomacy ingame.

And rules for roleplay ?

I don't intend to continue with heavy admin protection as admins often become part of the game and are used to get the upper hands in factions warfare through rules tweaking and grey zone.

The ingame system will tackle the bad people out.
Commoners don't drop money and will be able to teleporters to any starters area to join a faction. Essentially it's useless to kill a commoner unless he has anything valuable on him. Commoners will easily be able to move around the map with teleporters at spawn to avoid place where they are commonly killed.
Outlaw serve as a base for people who don't want to obey orders/leaders. They will be forced to manually craft their gear or loot it. They will be strong enough to provide a challenge in large groups, but not strong enough to overtake castles.
Factions warfare will handle the rest.
Diplomacy mod will break deadlock and make sure that powerful factions can dominate the land and turn weak factions under their influence.

TEAM

Aldric : Mod lead, gameplay designer and scener
Alpha : Game moder
QWW : Game moder
Ra'Jiska : SQL scripter, ingame scripter, website designer
Apiks : Scener (and banner maker )
Blacksniper :Scener
Jarl : Head advertiser

CREDITS

OSP list :
  • Thanks to Vornne for his [url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,324.0.html]public module development
  • OSP Narf's Rus Armour Pack - by Narf of Picklestink :  Thanks a lot very good armor
  • OSP Narf's Transitional Armour Pack - by Narf
  • OSP Narf's Plate Armour Pack - by Narf
  • medieval helmet pack - by dejawolf : ty  nice!
  • OSP Faradons Weaponry - by Faradon
  • OSP Medieval Helmet Pack - by dejawolf
  • [OSP] Tavern Animation Pack by Slawomir of Aaarrghh
  • NordInvasion community for Ni_Wooden_object
  • NordInvasion community  for some mesh and textures
  • Al Mansur packs - New buildings pack by Al_Mansur
  • [Item] Heraldic knight armor by bogmir
  • [OSP][Scene Props] Simple tunnels by Mandible

"Please if your osp is not registered in this list, pm me."

We are looking for skilled mod developers who are interested in the project.

Whatever be your skills
Please  send me a PM if it's the case.

Any questions ? Your welcome

A-a-a-awesome Idea! :grin:

I have few questions if you dont mind answering them? Just to see where it goes.

This is similiar to Persistant World?
Do each faction have a castle?
How will factions work? (Ie: Who will elect a Lord? What powers would he gain?)
If a Lord1 goes offline and he managed his fort to make some gear, will another Player be able to take over the fort and use the gear? What will be the Lord1 when he gets back?

Just  to see if all is going to be same as PW or you're going to add more original features ! :smile:

delavaskez said:
A-a-a-awesome Idea! :grin:

I have few questions if you dont mind answering them? Just to see where it goes.

This is similiar to Persistant World?
Do each faction have a castle?
How will factions work? (Ie: Who will elect a Lord? What powers would he gain?)
If a Lord1 goes offline and he managed his fort to make some gear, will another Player be able to take over the fort and use the gear? What will be the Lord1 when he gets back?

Just  to see if all is going to be same as PW or you're going to add more original features ! :smile:

Good to receive question no worry.
This is based on PW but we are tweaking a lot of aspect of the game to make it funnier and more tactical for lord.
Each factions start with a castle like in norma PW mod.
Factions management is the same as in PW : you join a faction with a training, and then you elect a lord with a ingame poll. The lord can rename his factions, change banner, manage diplomacy, and kick/outlaws members. HE also have a website access where he can use autocrafting for his faction gear.

The gear is linked to his castle. Whenever a lord is remplaced, the stock remain untouched, the castle stockpiles aren’t linked to characters . Anyone who got lordship in a castle can buy, and craft wargears from stockpiles.
Lord 1 will get what is left in the stock if he got elected again.

as conclusion it’s mostly the same game as PW but with large changes to make it less bothersome to craft weapons. It will also be way more tactical because you will need to control ressources area for the production.

Slawtering said:
Sounds bloody brilliant!

You are welcome. We will keep you informed of the news for the mod.

Pendanyk said:
Sounds awesome!

I've got one little question regarding this point:

Tools : Villages have tools stockpiles to allow them to work faster.[...]

Will the amount of stocked tools decrease over time?

Indeed. That planned that each production tick consume one tool stock.

Aldric said:
We are using a lot of OSP. The list is coming soon after we finished integrating contents.

Thanks a lot for this thread Aldric. I probably make the list of all OSP used by EB "European blood". I think you could add  new animations in Planned features.

sushimaster006 said:
Looks Good, but my only fear is that it's going to fail like every PW Mod to date :/
Not trying to be negative or anything.

I wouldn't call 90 people playing Persistent Frontier just 2 days ago a "fail"

sushimaster006 said:
Looks Good, but my only fear is that it's going to fail like every PW Mod to date :/
Not trying to be negative or anything.

Others mods attempted to promote and enforce roleplay straight at the beginning. But the community is composed at 80-90% by fighters.
In order to have a critical mass ( enough for a server to stay interesting 50+ players) we should focus on what the players like to do.

- We keep global chat
- We don't pretend to be a roleplay mod straight away.
- We give people what they want. Challenge, content, gameplay.

We will see how its turn up, and Austro said that PF is still an active mod.

Nice mod idea, I was hoping for something like this to come. There's something I would like to know - what century will that be? And how will resource management and trade lines look like - will it be a real trade caravan of bots or humans carrying resources across the map?

Danik said:
Nice mod idea, I was hoping for something like this to come. There's something I would like to know - what century will that be? And how will resource management and trade lines look like - will it be a real trade caravan of bots or humans carrying resources across the map?

Century will be basically hundred years wars, when the gap beetwen middle age and early rennaissance started to show up.
We will mostly attempt to stay realistic with european gear only, however, on time we may have german rennaissance sallet along with norman mail full mask.  As long as it's look good and mostly medievalish, we may use it.

Concerning ressources management it's will be done the good old way of PW.
You come with a cart to a village, you take the ressources you need, loading them up one by one like weapons. And then when it's full, you come back with your little friends to the castle.
Trade line will essentially be people coming forth to the castle from the village and vice-versa. We won't have actual traders class but players will play as caravans guard to protect Carts and saddlebags.
We didn't planned any bots for now. Everything will be handled by humans in a single gaming scene.

ART0PR said:
Wow this looks very good, I am sure many clans will be interested in this! If you need any help with the 2d/3d side of things let me know.

I believe that a 3d/ artist could be great. Can you detail your own skills ? What kind of works could you improve for european blood?

Regards,
AlphA

0ACDB5087388AC12BDEE55687FB2109D42BEAD95

46CB902086EBEF12E7D08CAA0BCB6761CAD3A96F

Here some eyes candy for you.

We started with German to not get accused of French or English favoritism.
Thoses are not heraldic and will surely serve as nation special for the HRE.

ART0PR said:
Wow this looks very good, I am sure many clans will be interested in this! If you need any help with the 2d/3d side of things let me know.

Good call !
Thanks for helping. We will better talk with the team on steam that will be faster.

We mostly got issues with some anims and code but on 3D/2D there job to do.

Back
Top Bottom