How do I edit the scene prop to spawn item without looking into the source code

Users who are viewing this thread

hakjimmy

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I simply wanna get some unofficial mount&blade tools and edit and import some armour .To import items is easy ,I got the tools and I did them in the item edit.But what about the scene prop that spawn them? What do I do to make new scene prop without looking into source code.Besides,I managed to tweak the item_kinds1.txt file with some unofficial tool , but the item doesn't show in game .I tried to start a server with admin MODE on to spawn the item first but nothing to show in the item list.

hakjimmy said:
I simply wanna get some unofficial mount&blade tools and edit and import some armour .To import items is easy ,I got the tools and I did them in the item edit.But what about the scene prop that spawn them? What do I do to make new scene prop without looking into source code.Besides,I managed to tweak the item_kinds1.txt file with some unofficial tool , but the item doesn't show in game .I tried to start a server with admin MODE on to spawn the item first but nothing to show in the item list.
Never use .txt tweak tools to edit PW based mods: always edit and build the module system. The general design of the PW module system differs from Native in many ways, necessary for some of the main PW features to work, so you are wasting your time trying to avoid using the module system.

The issues you experienced are obvious results of trying to manually edit txt files rather than compile from source.

Back
Top Bottom