[WB][S][M?] Minimalistic HUD Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Se7enex

Recruit
Mod, please move this to the proper board, it's been uploaded and linked to the Nexus and works as advertised. Thanks.

NOTE: This may work in multiplayer. I'm not sure on how easily the banhammer comes down when it comes to modified files or whatever, I don't typically play MP so if someone wants to tell me in the comments that it works there as well it would be appreciated.

To my surprise only the original Mount & Blade contained a HUD mod. It's fairly simple to edit DDS files so I did one for Warband as well. May contain crosshair edits in the future so keep an eye out for this mod if that interests you.

Currently there are a few versions to choose from:

1) No HUD (Health and shield are completely gone)
2) No Borders (Health borders are gone)
3) Only Critical (No Borders and Shield icon only appears at critical level)
4) No Shield (No Borders and Shield icon is completely gone)

I personally recommend Only Critical as that is what I use. What I plan next is to add drop shadows and possible transparency to make the health bar look less out of place. Also, if you'd like a certain version tell me in the comments and I'll see what I can do. Thanks for downloading, feel free to report any bugs or discrepancies as this is at a Beta stage. If you want a specific edit ask and I'll see what I can do.

Make sure to follow this mod as I may mess with the crosshair in the future and add new effects to make it look better. Thanks for downloading!

Download here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5886

afaik this is the only one for warband, only one other exists in my knowledge and it's for the original M&B. Im trying to currently implement shadows and such to see if that makes the health bar look less blunt. Might mess with crosshairs as well in the future. Thanks for the feedback!

An option to simulate the effects of blood loss when health is low by changing how all the visuals display might be interesting. Perhaps by reducing color saturation, making everything slightly darker, and adding a blur effect. Since that goes beyond just changing the HUD though it might be difficult.

Sohei said:
An option to simulate the effects of blood loss when health is low by changing how all the visuals display might be interesting. Perhaps by reducing color saturation, making everything slightly darker, and adding a blur effect. Since that goes beyond just changing the HUD though it might be difficult.

Yeah I mean the best I could do with that is add blur to the health and shield icons, I can also change the color of the health bar if people would like a different color. I'm yet to even find the weapon icons that show what you have equipped, I'd love to get rid of those as they're fairly unnecessary unless you're using a throwing or shooting weapon but I can't find them anywhere. As for making the whole screen blur or having blood on it, that's way past my ability. If it was as simple as putting a texture over the screen it would be easy but it seems that isn't implemented into the game so I would have to script it in and I'm absolutely useless when it comes to scripting.

Back
Top Bottom