How do you Create a map?

Users who are viewing this thread

Netch

I've been playing with my regiment for a while now, and it seems most of the maps are custom made (forts, etc) and I was wondering how I could create my own, not sure if the answer is obvious and I'm just stupid, but I'm curious, sorry if I haven't searched hard enough to find the answer

Alright: So first of all, they aren't called maps -- that's something different. What you're talking about is called scening.
There are a ton of tutorials out there. I forgot the later parts of setting stuff up, but here's the first parts:
- Go to the launcher's config, and enable Edit Mode, Windowed Mode, and Cheats.

Here's a nice place to learn more about scening: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=163368.0

Good luck.

Netch said:
I've been playing with my regiment for a while now, and it seems most of the maps are custom made (forts, etc) and I was wondering how I could create my own, not sure if the answer is obvious and I'm just stupid, but I'm curious, sorry if I haven't searched hard enough to find the answer

Start up M&B, Options, Enable Windowed Mode and also Edit Mode.

Now, start up Napoleonic Wars. Go to host a server, and you can now select the new map type for mapping (it will be the very bottom option for the choice of map types). Then go through the maps till you see "Custom Map 1", then hit "Start Map".

Once everything is started up, select SPECTATOR, then press Ctrl + E...this will enable edit mode. You can then begin messing with adding items to the game, adjusting height terrain, etc. Make sure you save often! The NW mapmaking mode is somewhat fussy, and if you don't constantly save, you will lose lots of progress!

The FSE forums have a more in-depth guide to the NW mapmaker, so check that out if you need more info there.

Back
Top Bottom