M&B Mod News Steamgroup [Random Idea]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey there!

I've recently been thinking a bit about having some way so mods could share news about updates or devs blog in a gathered place. For tha I came on the next idea that perhaps could be useful to some people within this community. However I'm not sure yet if it would actually be useful and if it actually will work out, for that reason I'm here to present it to you.
(This would only be for those that have steam, as quite some people dont have it)  :razz:

The idea is pretty simple, having a steam group that covers important news of all the modifications for M&B, including NW modifications and Warband modifications. Only covering the important news about the mods, I'm not talking about every single post a developer makes. But every update & Dev blog for example. So as soon as there is important news or an update for a modification, it can be put on the steam group. So people can see it. (just like any other steam group)

For those that aren't that involved with keeping an eye on each mod's sub-board, or some that rather don't join all mod's steam groups, this could be an easy way for mods to get some more attention and for people to keep track of all the mods progress easily without having to keep eye on each mod if there is an update or not.

You can obviously say that people should just keep track on the forums or join all the mod's steam groups, though I think some people would find this actually come in handy, to have a combined group that covers the news of mods through out the community. And the mods itself of course have the opportunity to gain some more popularity as other people would see some news as well of it. (Even if it's not intended).

So (in my POV the advantages)
- More promotion for all modifications even the lesser known onces. (Also WIP?)
- One single steamgroup that keeps you informed about whats going on in the Modding world.

I really haven't thought much further about this idea then I have stated here, if you have any additions to include with this. Please do so!

Please let me know what you think about it! Don't be to harsh on it! :razz:

Cheers for reading, much love.
Goki

PS: Duh, I just created this thread in here as I guessed it was the right spot. Please move it to the right board if it's the wrong place. (Considering it's about mod promoting I thought this would be the right place)

What is to stop a lot of 'idea mod' spam/those idea modders posting a bunch of screenshots of OSPs their using.

Well the point is to have a small group of people, (or just one or two) to keep it up to date, without having each individual mod developer being a moderator enabling to spam the steamgroup.

Though I guess it's a bad idea, seeing the lack of replies. So it might as well just say an "idea".  :razz:

I don't know... is it really all that worth it? As far as I know we all check up on one anothers' progress anyway and check other modders' work out (I do anyways), so I don't think it'd be used enough.

Back
Top Bottom