Crashing during Scene Editing

Users who are viewing this thread

I keep getting this whenever I am near certain areas of the scene I am working on. It might be because I have many objects but I do not think this is the reason. Does anyone know how to prevent/fix this? Thanks.

Fault Module Name: StackHash_abcc
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Code: 80000002
  Exception Offset: 77a4d7e8
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: abcc
  Additional Information 2: abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9
  Additional Information 3: abcc
  Additional Information 4: abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9

Been having this issue too. I found two ways to prevent this: By always starting a new scene from an original clean scene  (just use the original .sco, for example: scn_random_scene_steppe.sco or  scn_castle_16_exterior.sco). By withholding from using enormous quantities of a same object (particularly if put all at once by clicking fifty times -- it usually involves heavy objects like the barrel cart).

If the problem persist, notice which angle your camera was pointing at at the moment of the CTD, then simply avoid to point the camera in that direction whilst you are editing in the future on that scene. You can still examine the scene from that angle, but you'd need to switch to GROUND editing or any other category other than OBJECT editing (in the editing window).

Another optimization which I believe does not prevent this type of CTD but which may nevertheless improve the editing is to edit with the textures level set at 10%.

Hope this helps. It has been very annoying for me until I found out these ways to prevent the problem.

Thanks for advice but my problem persists. Whenever I go near the area, in any mode, it keep CTD. The problem goes away if I remove many essential objects. But I have seen scenes with many objects and they worked. So I am still unsure what it might be. I have 16 gigs of ram as well but I know the game engine only uses up to 2. I am also aware of a 4 gig patch but I tried looking to no avail.

Since you said 4gb patch I assume your are scening for FI2?

FI2 can be highly unoptimised at times (luckily thats going to change). You could try just for scene editing to put the graphics settings right down to the bottom. Also what are the specs of your system just so we can guage if its that.

Back
Top Bottom