Regional manors

Users who are viewing this thread

Livermore

Sergeant at Arms
first, sorry if this is not the place to suggest but i create tickets in assemblea and no one responds

Suggestion: Vassals from the kingdoms can create their regional manors (that includes the player) like in anno domini 1257 by Drtomas, some settlements can start with them.

Regional manors:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,200449.0.html

the stores are in the scenes. the vassals can build the stores.

screenshot from ad 1257:
Regional manor from roma
mkgr.png

xa4b.png
g6k7.png

bcif.png

That's a fairly cool design in 1257AD that I hadn't seen yet.  That mod is not open source so I can't implement what they have (if that is what you're asking), but I had plans for something similar just in a different vein.  I had planned on adding extra landmark locations on the map that could be settled and built up by a person, though you might find the current king of that region displeased with this.  That's work for after troops / items are done.

I have been slow to respond to a lot of assembla tickets of late, but that's the main purpose of putting them in since they are not lost in the shuffle of threads that come here.  Instead that lets me get to them as time permits and give them a little more consideration.  For suggestions having the best chance of implementation that is still the best method to go with.  Just as commenting on existing tickets that you'd like to support for implementation (that were not your own) is always recommended.

Windyplains said:
That's a fairly cool design in 1257AD that I hadn't seen yet.  That mod is not open source so I can't implement what they have (if that is what you're asking), but I had plans for something similar just in a different vein.  I had planned on adding extra landmark locations on the map that could be settled and built up by a person, though you might find the current king of that region displeased with this.  That's work for after troops / items are done.

I have been slow to respond to a lot of assembla tickets of late, but that's the main purpose of putting them in since they are not lost in the shuffle of threads that come here.  Instead that lets me get to them as time permits and give them a little more consideration.  For suggestions having the best chance of implementation that is still the best method to go with.  Just as commenting on existing tickets that you'd like to support for implementation (that were not your own) is always recommended.

and these landmarks, the ai (example count gerluchs) could populate them too? or only the player? bcause i want the ai lord to populate zones too.

Windyplains said:

and, can you add, in some cases, in the encounters you could find farms and roads? in some battles, and the ocean when you are battling near it.

Yeah, the Manor system is sweet.

IMO, that should basically be how all villages/castles/towns function, which your upgrades physically appearing as they're built.

They said the only reason they didn't just outright replace the normal upgrade system was wanting to maintain the historical look of each village/castle/town. Though with a little bit of care, it could be done, I'm sure.

I'm actually hoping Bannerlord will use a similar systems for it's upgrades. I've request it like a dozen times.

The reason they don't have improvements cause buildings to be added in towns and villages is because a different version of that location would need to be made for each combination of improvements.  With only a few that's a lot of work across 180+ locations, but with 20 improvements it is nearly impossible.  There is a way that it can be done spawning scene items, but that still requires that each item be hand placed (x, y, z coordinates) in each location to look correct.  Ultimately it becomes more trouble than it is worth with Warband's current design.  In a manor, like they did it is a single scene so such manipulation is kept to a more reasonable workload.

Without placing the manor in the scene, could the manor be accessible from the village menu?

Perhaps "Visit Your Manor" along with the Speak with Village Elder, etc.

Manor interior could be the same as the halls of the simpler castles or or even the merchants house.  There would be a chest where the player could store gear.

The manor could possibly also be garrisoned with a very limited amount of troops.  Sometimes a player with just a village needs a place to stash 15 Veteran Rhodok Crossbowmen while he goes out with just his mounted troops.  Perhaps also a place to stash some prisoners ( high escape chance though)

Windyplains said:
The reason they don't have improvements cause buildings to be added in towns and villages is because a different version of that location would need to be made for each combination of improvements.  With only a few that's a lot of work across 180+ locations, but with 20 improvements it is nearly impossible.  There is a way that it can be done spawning scene items, but that still requires that each item be hand placed (x, y, z coordinates) in each location to look correct.  Ultimately it becomes more trouble than it is worth with Warband's current design.  In a manor, like they did it is a single scene so such manipulation is kept to a more reasonable workload.

Believe me its a lot of work, I remember helping out Wickedshot with the Custom Settlements mod before Warband and you could upgrade your castles and towns etc and actually seeing the changes.  Lots of scene work there.  LOTS.

D3monic said:
I would like to remind you this ticket I created long ago :smile: It is kind of OT, but it operates with custom "mansions" too :smile:
I missed that one.  I read through it and it has a lot of great ideas for enhancing bandit gameplay so I've added 4 new tickets and linked to two old ones.

Back
Top Bottom