REDS are back! (locked and moved to my threads)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
Coming back to your beloved game could not be better. Everything I always wanted is here now:

1.Big population (thx to nexus system obviously)
2.Persistent factions (thx to game of throns and nexus system)
3.Civilisation! (thx to nexus admins and system)
4.basic RP (thx to kneel and animation feature)
5.Economy (thx to Vornne persistency with his design and resistance from those who manipulate the original code to screw it)

Because I always was and will be RED even more enjoyment I take from the fact that REDS are back!

You can call yourself Lanisters or Red Domination (today both merge together proving my point), but in fact you just copy the history of the RED NATION in PW. As much I respect WHITES and YELLOWS(GOLDENS) there were always REDS while PW was populated and successful game. Fall of REDS was always equal with fall of PW.

Why?

It is the mistery for some... :twisted:

---------------------------------------------------
Archive(original post):
---------------------------------------------------
Hi there

I have left PW for over a year. It would be nice to hear what is going on and how things stand. I have seen that last update from Vornne have happened last year (few months ago really). For "come back" player it would take ages to go through all topics.

If someone can summon all important facts without bias and trollism I would be delighted.

Sir Red de Mon

NOVICIUS said:
Hi there

I have left PW for over a year ago. It would be nice to hear what is going on and how things stand. I have seen that last update from Vornne have happened last year (few months ago really). For "come back" player it would take ages to go through all topics.

If someone can summon all important facts without bias and trollism I would be delighted.

Sir Red de Mon

No more RP.
Delayed Fighting.

Oh, well...

The most populated servers have a system which saves your gear and spawn position after you log out. Also, there is an automated bank script which does not require admins anymore. The community is still idiotic on the most part, and the playerbase is constant (now with even more non-forumers ®).

Well. If players of this mod can do such a trailer this days then I am in :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2hv7CuPfcw

Tribut and respect to Rik Vargard..a lot of respect!

However from other movies it looks like...
The Bowman said:
The community is still idiotic on the most part
..and TS is the way to go around instead of in-game chat.

Maps has improved though at first glance, are they not... Bowman?

anyway... Thanks and because...
The Bowman said:
(now with even more non-forumers ®).
... being a forumer made me quit eventually let just play the game and see  :twisted:

Nothing has changed, except the rules and community mindset as shifted slightly closer to your ideal, NOVICIUS. Unfortunately we are plagued with other issues that need solving - infinite money due to offsite money storage.

Knüppel said:
Hay thare

hello  :smile:

after one session experience I can say that I was safe as serf..yet as always my job was not valued and eventually I had to leave my original faction...As eng I have made better effort (and money) yet when I went to soldier stage I have discovered (as always) that there is no horses made.... I was to tired by then to go back to serf stage to fix it... I have quit..

Factions leaders are not leaders, factions are not factions, economy is not economy..yet it is possible to make fun  :twisted:

Splintert said:
Nothing has changed, except the rules and community mindset as shifted slightly closer to your ideal, NOVICIUS. Unfortunately we are plagued with other issues that need solving - infinite money due to offsite money storage.

it has its positives and negatives as predicted by me  :twisted:

Money stopped carnage of serfs, I have manage to be not touched by anybody, I was questioned once as commoner, yet I manage to get away with saying: no money and promise of prospect in the future..new kneel feature solves a lot of problems we had in the past. Kneel/talk/make reason/get away -> solution most of the times.

In other words: (as predicted) money means nothing if you can not buy goods...well you can not most of the time:
! soldiers are to poor
!! serfs are to rich and not in numbers enough to support economy
!!! outlaws walks freely as they use to do and random (positive = cattle not players  :grin:)

well aside from all things said so far, from what I've seen NA servers don't peak like EU nexus does anymore.

Basically you aren't going to get an na server with much more than 100 players, as far as i've seen.  Whereas eu regularly, at peak times, almost 160-170.

but that is probably because of avalon being an NA server, splitting the population between NA nexus and itself.  And I haven't been regularly playing pw since a month ago.

Though you are from the UK so it probably doesn't affect you much.

I agree, kneeling and "My Lord" button is what made this game playable for most of my minions.

As for the money issue, you need to keep the automatized banks in mind.
Soldiers usually bunker all cash there to not lose any on death (most people go for loot instead to buy full gear, or mostly carry spare change for another weapon grab)

Another successful day (and night) in PW. I am impressed. Nexus has massive (compering to old days) population most of the time. In general people are polite and able and willing to talk. We know that busy times happens to everybody now and then. Few morons as always, but few only  :grin:. Patient is the virtue in PW and sometimes it is paying off.

Hakhrolm is the best castle from my point of view. You can create proper estate in there. The rest is usually theatre of war. Hakhrolm is or at war or it is land of peace and prosperity.

Funny fact: I discovered today that you can make fortune crafting ..buckets and other useful tools. I can proudly say that I know how to craft most of the thing, but... I had to go back to guide to find out how to craft a bucket  :mrgreen:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom