Top game played on Steam ! (Warband top 10 !!)

Users who are viewing this thread

steammeter-graphs-0404.006-600x600.png

We are in top ten ! :p

Edit :

stacked-sales-update.001-600x600.png

Dota 2 is a free game so quite a few people have just downloaded it, maybe tried once and then never played it again.

<----an example

Folms said:
Captain Lust said:
Median. Chances are that a lot of the owners of Dota 2 (i.e. everyone) have either never played it or just opened it for a look then quit.
I'm pretty sure majority are playing more than 19 hours per week.
Of all users on Steam? I expect the majority of Steam users have never played Dota 2, which would put it's median total hours played at a round 0. Since everyone owns it. All old, inactive accounts, all of every steam account ever.

EDIT: The title of the graph is stupid though. Really misleading.

Folms said:
You don't own Dota by default. Yeah it's a free to play game but you have to look for it on the market to get it. I doubt every single Steam account has Dota.
Even if those accounts don't count as owners (I suspect they do), the graph is still plausible for what it is. While Dota 2 is clearly the most played game, I can believe that a lot of people just pressed "play" or whatever on it's store page, since Steam pushed it so hard as a free to play game. A lot of those players (like me) will have given it very little or no time indeed.

I'm a proud Dota 2 owner with 47 minutes of playtime.

VinnyPooh said:
Hehe, this is due to NW still being very popular and having a lot of players. If it was only native, Warband would be very low in the list :sad:
Not entirely true, let's take:
Players playing Warband (Steam) at this moment: 5081
Players playing NW atm: 648
That's about 13%

If it was only native, Warband wouldn't be very low in the list, a bit lower maybe.

These numbers are of course just from Steam and I'm sure there're a lot of players who play it with non-Steam version but the statistic was about Steam anyway....

Back
Top Bottom