Native Completed HuSh | Annual Tournament [CANCELED]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StamfordLion

Veteran
The tournament is going to have to be closed.

I'm afraid I just don't have enough time at the moment to run this tourney.

I would like to apologize to all of the teams who were planning on taking part but HuSh is getting too big to focus on games with smaller communities. I honestly wish I could run this tourney but its not an option anymore. Unfortunately that means that I will also be unable to play M&B as we are travelling to USA to play CS:GO, and I cannot focus on both games and CS:GO is my priority.

Again, I'm sorry, and there are servers available to hire if you wish to purchase them.

Stamford

Captain Lust said:
Sounds great. When you say standard rules, can could you be a bit more clear about what standard you're referring to?

Will this be NA or EU?

Hey Lust,

To be honest, standard rules are a bit wide, as I don't know much about tourneys xD I've got some people working on rules right now, so I'll get back to you on that.

It will be based in EU, but if NA people want to put up with good ol' lag, then I have no problem with that either! :razz:

StamfordLion said:
Captain Lust said:
Sounds great. When you say standard rules, can could you be a bit more clear about what standard you're referring to?

Will this be NA or EU?

Hey Lust,

To be honest, standard rules are a bit wide, as I don't know much about tourneys xD I've got some people working on rules right now, so I'll get back to you on that.

It will be based in EU, but if NA people want to put up with good ol' lag, then I have no problem with that either! :razz:
Well it sounds great! Generally we consider "WNL Rules" to be the standard. It might be worth getting some help from people more familiar with the scene to help out and give advice running the tournament.

There's a lot to learn! Best of luck! :smile:

Well it sounds great! Generally we consider "WNL Rules" to be the standard. It might be worth getting some help from people more familiar with the scene to help out and give advice running the tournament.

Mind if I just use those rules? ;D

StamfordLion said:

Mind if I just use those rules? ;D
Best ask the person who wrote them :smile:

You'll also need to make sure the rules are specific to your tournament, since WNL isn't a single elimination knockout tournament.

Cool stuff. Imo 5v5 is the best way to go!

You might want to make sure your tourney doesnt interfere with the WNL tourney too much, as people might skip your tourney as playing 2 official matches in a week might turn them off.

As the WNL will be finished in 8 weeks it would be best to take start the tournament itself in ~9 weeks.

Furthermore I think that teams/clans are more willing to sign up if they know at least a period of time the tournament is taking place.

+Varsung+ said:
As the WNL will be finished in 8 weeks it would be best to take start the tournament itself in ~9 weeks.

Furthermore I think that teams/clans are more willing to sign up if they know at least a period of time the tournament is taking place.

9 weeks?! Idk... maybe in three max, but WNL can't affect people that much?

StamfordLion said:
+Varsung+ said:

Well, the best day for a match is usually sunday evening, and if thats taken by their WNL match it might give some scheduling issues. Although I dunno for sure, since its a 5v5..

There are 40 teams in the WNL right now and the 16 teams in Division A and B are playing about 4 training matches a week + an official matches. That leaves us with at least 2 nights of not playing Warband. Just take a look at the server booking thread and you'll see there are servers booked about every night of the week, despite of a lot of clans having their own clanserver.

Of course, I can't tell you when you have to hold your tournament, however as the WNL just completed its first week (out of 9) most teams will mainly concentrate on the WNL as it is the most prestigious teambased tournament at the moment.

Golradir said:
StamfordLion said:
+Varsung+ said:

Well, the best day for a match is usually sunday evening, and if thats taken by their WNL match it might give some scheduling issues. Although I dunno for sure, since its a 5v5..

Saturday's maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom