Knowledges ideas here, if any :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cernunos

Banned
Once you guys get a grip of how knowledge feature works, you might want to share some new knowledges and there effects here.

I would like to see more "faction specific" knowledges.

Maybe faction specific warfare knowledges?
Like, "Rhodok Warfare" knowledge. Possible effects may be 1-2 of these:
- A random amount of "militia" available on the villages.
- More Rhodok troops are available in villages.
- Morale bonus for Rhodok troops.
- Random amount of extra experience given to Rhodok troops on daily trainings, taking the training skill into account.
- Rhodok troops are easier to upgrade (no idea how to do that)

Persuasion knowledge. Possible effects may be 1-2 of these
- Extra skill points for persuasion skill.
- Lords are easier to persuade.

Kidnapping knowledge. (surrounding?)
This sounds weird all the way. :grin:
I am sick of lords running away all the time from the battlefields. Having this knowledge may greatly reduce their chances to run away.

Looting knowledge.
- Villages take less time to loot and burn.
- It is easier to force the peasants to give you supplies, not one hour, maybe immediately and with more supplies?

Oh, also, I have no idea about how to name this one. This can be a knowledge or way different feature, being able to "recruit" deserters.
For instance, you are a count of Swadia, you encounter some deserters.
Among the options of fighting them and paying them, you can also ask them to join you.
We are in a war and we need all the men available bla bla if you don't join us we will kill you all bla bla. Then, with a random chance affected positively by your persuasion skill, renown, your group size and affected negatively by their army size and "rank".
In a success, they join you and your party gains morale (?), in a fail, you fight them.

This was implemented in a mod, WW2 China Battlefields to be precise, and it was really, really great sir. :grin:

What kind of weapons would factions be specialized into ? That would help me create relevant faction warfare knowledge that would not be to generic.

Cernunos said:
What kind of weapons would factions be specialized into ? That would help me create relevant faction warfare knowledge that would not be to generic.

I don't think it needs to be weapons. Swadian Warfare could equip the troops with horses that deal more charging damage, Rhodok as Antifiriz mentioned could spawn militias, Vaegir decrease food consumption, Khergit boost party speed, Nord speed up looting and allow you to recruit Sea Raiders, Sarranid I have no idea because I never played as them in vanilla.

Also, how about an Organized Banditry knowledge? It would generate a couple of friendly bandit parties around your settlement, that would harass peasants of other factions and help you in battles if nearby, and perhaps allow you to recruit units that gave a small bonus to ambushing.

Oooh organized banditry sounds sweeet :grin:

I don't think it needs to be weapons, too. We already have some weapon skills like polearm usage and so.

Maybe a survival knowledge? Less morale loss when no food in the party?

I would like so that each knowledge has 2 to 4 effects. If possible, a direct effect on the player, even if it is not huge, maybe a settlement effect (allows to build specific buildings, recruit specific troops, and so on), a party effect, and so on.
Knowledge have to be "relevant" if possible, because they are quite the investment.

I am all in faction warfare, I may need some more "effects", because I really don't really know Native that well (I spend more time coding than playing XD)

As for organized banditry, why not. I would have to dig a little more factions relations and so on, not on my priority list, but I will give it a serious try.

Hmm, I'm curious if it would be possible to 'unlock' custom battle commands. If so, then knowledges would let you use faction-specific tactics: Rhodok - Volley Fire, Nord - Shieldwall, Swadia - Tactical Charge and so on.

If the battle commands do exists, adding a switch to the entry point could be very easy. As always, as far as rigale mod goes, it is a matter of finding the proper switch.

Gunpowder.

I'd like to see troops that are able to use the flintlock, and a way for the player to acquire a flintlock or two.

EDIT: Just noticed this was a feature in v0.11.  So just consider this a +1 to that idea.

I will definitely add gunpowder knowledge, and the features that goes with it: crafting weapons and ammunitions, gunpowder troops, "gathering" black powder. Maybe mix it with some alchemy stuff (for better explosive powder...)

Back
Top Bottom