Immersive Unit Names

Users who are viewing this thread

I wanted to share some of the modifications I have made to the Sicilian roster. Most of it consists of renames, but there are a couple new units:

Rural Sicilian troop tree:
                                                - Sicilian Saraceni Rajjala - Sicilian Saraceni Pedites
                                                |
                    - Sicilian Saraceni Rami - Sicilian Saraceni Sagittarii - Sicilian Saraceni Faris - Sicilian Saraceni Equites
                    |
Serf - Arriere-ban Levy - Arriere-ban Pedites - Liberi Rustici - Vavassini - Milites Rustici
      |
      - Sicilian Grifoni - Sagittarii - Veteran Sagittarii

Rural Latin troop tree:
Serf - Arriere-ban Levy - Arriere-ban Pedites - Liberi Rustici - Vavassini - Milites Rustici
      |
      - Javelinman - Sagittarii - Veteran Sagittarii

Militia troop tree:
                                                                          - Pikeman
                                                                          |
Militia - Militia Spearman - Veteran Militia Spearman - Xurteri - Loricati

|
          - Balistarii Militia - Pavise Balistarii Militia

Sergeant troop tree:
Pedites - Solidarius - Servientes - Veteran Servientes - Servientes Equites
            |
            - Balistarii -Pavise Balistarii

Noble troop tree:
Pueri - Scutiferi - Armigieri - Vavassori - Milites - Seigneur

Notes:

Grifoni are Sicilian Greeks. http://warfare.uphero.com/Medieval2/Feudal-96-Griffon.htm They had a mix of Andalusian and Byzantine military tradition, I think they have a lot of potential to be a very cool unit.

I added Horse archers to the roster, they were very importent in the Sicilian armies of the period. http://warfare.uphero.com/Medieval2/Feudal-97-101-Sicilian_Saracens.htm

Xurteri were a sort of Urban militia, I just renamed swordsmen to Xurteri.

Rajjala is Arabic for Foot Soldiers.

Rami is Arabic for Missile troops (literally throwers or something to that effect), both Javelin and Bow.

Faris is Horseman or Knight.

I can post more, for other rosters, if the mod team likes what they see.

I decided to rename the Saracen units to fit the Latin language of Sicily:

- Sicilian Saraceni Rajjala - Sicilian Saraceni Pedites
                                                |
                    - Sicilian Saraceni Rami - Sicilian Saraceni Sagittarii - Sicilian Saraceni Faris - Sicilian Saraceni Equites

Good, I love native names. Though, as far as I remember, our plan was to introduce a patch with native names for all ethnic troops once we finish adding factions. But if you want to do it yourself before that, that would be great, if you ask me. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom