Robocraft

Users who are viewing this thread

For ground vehicles, especially gunbeds that will be shot at a lot, having lots of guns are paramount unless you don't plan on being under fire. Most people shoot off guns first and if they're smart aim for big ones, and it usually comes down to who still has guns left that wins.

In lower levels it is much better to just aim for where you think their pilot is. Having more guns simply means you have less armor or lower tier weapons.

Kevlar said:
In lower levels it is much better to just aim for where you think their pilot is. Having more guns simply means you have less armor or lower tier weapons.

Often people have their pilot buried deep within their tank that no frontal assault would chisel out in a timely manner, and it is often the case that people are disarmed faster than having reached the pilot. This might be true if you're a flier, as you're not really all that big on being hit.
But as a tanker it's imperative that you have redundant parts, especially when having only 3 or 5 mid tier lasers can be disabled far faster than reaching the pilot. The principal thing to remember I think is that guns are armor, and in some cases are much better than armor, especially the basic laser. On the other hand, if you're using plasma, having a few guns would be worth it. The only 6 can shoot rule applies only to them, and the fewer plasma guns you have, the faster the guns o gun can recharge.

I only go for the guns if I am outnumbered, if not I go for what I think to be their weak point since if you can chip of a piece of their ship you will kill anything attached to it.

I actually got a few one hit kills last night in my makeshift 'flyer' which I thought was funny in tier three but I guess some people still don't know the value of having armor.

Suppose to be some new piece added to the game tomorrow (which I hope is the rail gun).

Found a way to give a craft pitch.

2014-04-17_00001.jpg

2014-04-17_00003.jpg
2014-04-17_00002.jpg

2014-04-17_00006.jpg

I had something similar but found it do hard to actually use in combat :

pcEoa.png

Plasma seems very strong after the last two patches so now it is harder to actually use a flier build I think since anytime you start shooting at one there is a good chance they will just blow you up instantly.

This game is awesome.

Trying to build some kinda hybrid that I can drive or fly - so far lack of funds has left it as a low hover vehicle, but I think I can make a flying driving hovering frigate that broadsides its targets.

Kevlar said:
I had something similar but found it do hard to actually use in combat :

pcEoa.png

Plasma seems very strong after the last two patches so now it is harder to actually use a flier build I think since anytime you start shooting at one there is a good chance they will just blow you up instantly.

I find that with enough speed from the t4 engines ambushing stuff from high above and behind often gives me enough time to get the jon done. Worst comes to worst I can always replace the t4 lasers with a t4 plasma. One hit of that near the cockpit ought to send them straight to plastic styx, or at least neutralize them.

Also what was so unstable about your flight? Did it flip over when you try to tilt up and down? Had to do a lot of balancing to get that sorted.

Made a new tier one design to play with a friend, bought those new vapor trail blocks just cause'

dG6G2.png

It weighs less than the square blocks while having the same armor value. Just made my build slightly lower and added more guns to get to tier two now :

wOuGh.png

q5Pza.png

6aluN.png

That t5 plasma. If you've any experience with WoT you might find the t5 s plasma to your immediate liking. That thing has the capability of wiping out all the guns from a gunbed on a good shot. Killed 4 tanks yesterday and crippled a few others with with the t3 plasma alone.

It's basically what lasers are not: Long range, very hard hitting, slower reload, like an anti-tank gun to the laser's pew pew pew.

Plasma are pretty OP with their last buff, especially since there isn't really a counter to it except building a flyer with lasers and getting within range.

Having flown against them a lot after the buffs, even the super nimble high speed donut and mace interceptor can't do much against them once they start aiming at you.

No matter how fast I fly, with enough shotgun blasts the craft is going to go down. About the only thing I can do for the ground pounders is to act as distraction most of the time. Fly in at high speed and shoot a few of them  in the back and hope for a seat kill before circling around.

I'd put my heavy pladma on my interceptor, but the thing kicks bacl even harder than the t4 lasers.

I hope the rail guns bridge the gap we have now between plasma and lasers, but I don't see lasers having much use unless rail guns have a rate of fire comparable to plasma cannons. I also hope rail guns are impractical to use on flyers, possibly by having lots of recoil. I loathe the idea of someone flying at such a height they can barely see enemies below them, and taking their sweet time to perform surgery on all of the poor schmucks on the ground.

From the information I've gathered, the railgun has a very limited cone of fire, so I think your speculation about it being a long range AT gun might be right. On the other hand, other fliers I've been fighting in the air recently have mostly been piloting aircraft that can pitch. Some of them seem like they can go for an attack dive. With the cone of fire so limited, only railguns pointed straight up would be able to shoot any fliers. In any case, when they release I'm going to build myself a flying self propelled gun. Being able to go over and duck behind cliffs with a rail cannon sound pretty good.

On the subject of interceptor fliers, today I've seen some stiff competition after two days of dishing it out on unsuspecting bombers and laser flies that couldn't vector high enough, or weren't fast enough to follow. So I scrapped the last two designs and applied my tanker experience.

From the past battles this thing was in, it can tank up to two air superiority fighters head on. Below is what it looks like after doing so.
2014-04-17_00022.jpg

Each of those guns at the front has 70-87 armor. Add that with the armor it's on and it's over a hundred that the enemy craft needs to blast through if it can get solid hits in after coming under fire. This design is the most resilient yet when it comes to losing major parts of the craft and maintaining stability.
2014-04-18_00003.jpg

Upgraded to tier three now with bigger guns and wheels, unfortunately I can't keep my wheels near the centre anymore since they are too strong and end up flipping me over if I brake to hard. Just need to buy more armor now before going to tier 4 with this.

LJ56u.png
_w9aN.png

Back
Top Bottom