Necromancy and forbidden/hidden/forgotten knowledges

Users who are viewing this thread

Cernunos

Banned
I saw some pretty neat skeletons models, What about a "necromancy" knowledge (very hard to find). This could allow to "gather" skelettons in some places (like battlefields, town/villages cemetaries...) at the expense of a terrible reputation.

This could be an awesome Idea. For example after the battle you have the option to "Gather all the remains of fallen soldiers on the battlefield". But this will heavily decrease morale of troops and honor.

Yes. I will look into this for a next release. Well, It could be very easy to do, but I would like Necromancy to be a hidden/restricted/forbidden knowledge, so make it different to gain than the other knowledges.
And I have hardly any clues (yet) about the process of adding new models.

Sorry, I'm against it, I like this mod for the added role playing effects and I think "fantasy" should be in a different mod not this one.
Just my opinion.
Thanks for the great concepts.

Agreed;  there are enough  fantasy-themes which, while well  done, get tiresome after a while.  I'm not big on demons, etc., so even the prospect of Necromancy is off-putting, to be honest.
Regards,
TA

Ok, I have some more question about this: what if it would be a very rare knowledge only the player would find ? Some more details in the spoiler...
The player would have a very rare chance to find a skeleton clutching an old book: the Necronomicon. Reading this book would be especially long and arduous, and the player would need a high intelligence. Once read, the player would learn that there is an old abandon half buried tower/ruin in the desert. He would have to find it, and once there, if would gain the knowledge of Necromancy. He would then have to do experiments, until the point when he would be able to invoke undeads. Zombies from fresh battles, skelettons from cemetaries/burial grounds. The player would be the only one to gain such knowledge. He then could construct necromancy towers in his custom settlements, that would allow him to recruit undeads, and maybe sacrifice inhabitants to gain more undeads.
Some other forgotten knowledge I was thinking about would have been "enchanting", that is, the creation of some artifact. It should be possible to give XPs to an item, and have it grow in Power.
The other one I was thinking about would have been Alchemy, to turn a ressource into something else, or gold, directly...

Yes, except for the old M&B, not Warband. Still very much active and in development, actually.

It features necromancy and crafting of artifacts heavily.

Cernunos said:
Ok, I have some more question about this: what if it would be a very rare knowledge only the player would find ? Some more details in the spoiler...
The player would have a very rare chance to find a skeleton clutching an old book: the Necronomicon. Reading this book would be especially long and arduous, and the player would need a high intelligence. Once read, the player would learn that there is an old abandon half buried tower/ruin in the desert. He would have to find it, and once there, if would gain the knowledge of Necromancy. He would then have to do experiments, until the point when he would be able to invoke undeads. Zombies from fresh battles, skelettons from cemetaries/burial grounds. The player would be the only one to gain such knowledge. He then could construct necromancy towers in his custom settlements, that would allow him to recruit undeads, and maybe sacrifice inhabitants to gain more undeads.
Some other forgotten knowledge I was thinking about would have been "enchanting", that is, the creation of some artifact. It should be possible to give XPs to an item, and have it grow in Power.
The other one I was thinking about would have been Alchemy, to turn a ressource into something else, or gold, directly...

Ok, so if you can implement exactly what you said in the " spoiler tag " you would get me eternally grateful and an eternal fan of the mod ( already am... but more never hurts :grin: )

Please... and let me emphasis this again... PLEASE do try to implement this in the mod :smile:

Added the Necronomicon book. Made it long (6 times regular book) and requires int 14 to read. I might add a "check to pursue", or a loss in mental health, dedicated to this forbidden knowledge.

According to you, what form could take a decrease in "mental health" for the player ? Reading the Necronomicon, and dealing in the dark knowledge of necromancy should give some banes to the player....

Cernunos said:
Added the Necronomicon book. Made it long (6 times regular book) and requires int 14 to read. I might add a "check to pursue", or a loss in mental health, dedicated to this forbidden knowledge.

According to you, what form could take a decrease in "mental health" for the player ? Reading the Necronomicon, and dealing in the dark knowledge of necromancy should give some banes to the player....

I think it could have varied effects. For example, forgetting to eat, causing a temporary STR/Ironflesh/Powerstrike loss, disconcerting behavior causing a morale drop, auditory hallucinations by playing the yell/weapon hit sound effects while in a battle despite no enemies being nearby, psychotic break causing you to kill a random troop...

Yes, they all sound good.
Maybe also tremendously reduce the amount of troops the player will be able to recruit. Not many humans could stand to walk along undeads. That could be a basic feature for a necromancer, so he would be weak until he raises enough undeads.

Cernunos said:
Yes, they all sound good.
Maybe also tremendously reduce the amount of troops the player will be able to recruit. Not many humans could stand to walk along undeads. That could be a basic feature for a necromancer, so he would be weak until he raises enough undeads.

Yeah, I've thought of that by giving it a Leadership penalty, but I'm not sure how to make the necromancy-spawned creatures not react to--

I actually do now.

You know how there's a morale penalty for troops in your party coming from the faction you're at war with? Yeah, add that to non-Undead troops, and you won't have to circumvent party size checks, and it should be easy enough to be able to make additional settlement troops after making a Necromancer's Tower (or perhaps an additional building, like, say, 'Blackguard Barracks') that are human but do not react negatively to the undead.

Back
Top Bottom