The Noldor Home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Apart from that, Elacrai has the same layout as Oregar castle.
That means
  • steep, narrow slope from the spawn to the wall
  • narrow ladder with very small entry between crenels
  • angular shape of the castle, i.e. you have to run along a wall to get to the ladder and enemy archers can shoot in your back when you go up
  • bastions for archers on either side of the ladder

Ergo, if manned by Noldor, it is extremely difficult to siege, and the reward is neglible.

I believe it is possible as some have claimed to have captured Elacrai.  It is probably the hardest thing you can do in PoP, which is why some have made that the final challenge.  I've never attempted it myself.  As already said, the rewards are next to nothing and you will lose access to the vendors and stuff there.  However this is the ultimate challenge in terms of difficulty of any mod I've ever played.  I know of nothing else so difficult anywhere.

azxcvbnm321 said:
I believe it is possible as some have claimed to have captured Elacrai.  It is probably the hardest thing you can do in PoP, which is why some have made that the final challenge.  I've never attempted it myself.  As already said, the rewards are next to nothing and you will lose access to the vendors and stuff there.  However this is the ultimate challenge in terms of difficulty of any mod I've ever played.  I know of nothing else so difficult anywhere.

I see, so after I unite all of Pendor I shall gather all of the armies and complete this final challange :p

If you like to. There are some coments about capturing elacrai to be found at the pop3-wiki. Someone stated he had ralative success with silvermists.

daniisme said:
I see, so after I unite all of Pendor I shall gather all of the armies and complete this final challange :p

Will the armies join the battle?
The relationship is positive after all.

So, I've just decided to do some test cheating, I got myself an army of 500 twilight knights and besieged Elacrai.
Guess who had the upper hand in fighting by the middle of the battle?
That was definitely not me.

Oh aye! I managed to beat them with 250 troops on about 85% difficulty....... admittedly those 250 troops were demonic magnus I modded into the game but still.

I don't think it is possible with the default troops available (Hero Adventurers, Order Knights, etc), only way i can think is bring in all your CKO Knights which been upgraded 10 times,  have 10 Ironflesh/Powerstrike/Powerdraw and the best equipment (Noldor Rune Armor, Noldor Bow etc).

Has anyone tried with CKO?

Using a backup save I used some CKO that a lord made that had two handed double bitted axes and heavy plate armour + ravenstern rangers + some noldor mercenaries (modded) and I did fairly good but the lack of shields my men had was their downfall.

Also, you can't capture it...

Did a test and used cheats to see what happens if you take the castle:
- very small rewards
- castle dissappears after the battle
- high negative relations with noldors

Tried to take it fairly once, even had some noldors with me, along with griffin knights and imperial legionaires. It was a massacre.

Is the Noldor garrison get buffed? If I recall correctly. It is around Ver.3.5 that I lead my men to victory at Elacri.
My men are Silvermist ranger, Knight of the ebony Gauntlet, Knight of the dawn(Custom Knighthood Order not exist yet). They are far more weaker than what people here use. And I play max damage too.

warakornmk said:
Is the Noldor garrison get buffed? If I recall correctly. It is around Ver.3.5 that I lead my men to victory at Elacri.
My men are Silvermist ranger, Knight of the ebony Gauntlet, Knight of the dawn(Custom Knighthood Order not exist yet). They are far more weaker than what people here use. And I play max damage too.

It's 1000 Noldors: 50 Twilights, 50 Nobles, some hundreds of rangers, maidens and warriors.

I really doubt you can take Elacrai with the above mix of troops.

I'll try assaulting it in this playthrough for fun...it's not a min-max gameplay, but maybe I'll pull through.
Still got to annihilate the Fierdsvain, should be a piece of cake though.

I guess the castle strategy is pretty important as well, even if the battle odds are the same, you might lose if you don't know where & what to order your troops.

Errh, ok. Update: I finished my playthrough today, then went on to siege Elacrai.

about the Vylania Noldor Ritter
Str 45            Lvl 45      Health 100
Agi 38            Ironflesh 10            Power Strike 10                         
                      Power Draw 10      Shield  7          Athletics 10 
                      1h 440        Archery 440

Noldor Captain Helmet (55)              Runed Bastard Sword
Doomguide Leather (60, 20)            Shield of the Falcon
Noldor Leather Boots (36)                Noldor Composite Bow
Mettenheim Steel Mitts (9)                Noldor Arrows
vs ELACRAI  1000 Noldors  (Tactics 10+4 --->  Battle Advantage = 0)
N_Twilight Knight 50
N_Maiden Ranger 50
N_Noble 100
N_Ranger 300
N_Warrior 500

My casualties
272 Vylania Noldor Ritter
Vylania
TOTAL: 273

Enemy casualties
13 N_Warriors
17 N_Rangers
34 N_Nobles
44 N_Twilight Knights
36 N_Maiden Rangers
TOTAL: 144 killed
So...uh...I tried a ranged shootout, I tried storming the ladders (which was worse)...there is just no way to beat the Noldor in Elacrai 1:1.
I'm not sure how much more your CKO would have to be boosted to actually win, but I believe it's not possible.

My renown seems to be capped at 15.000, and even started decreasing a bit for whatever reason...so increasing the party size is not possible.
Needless to say....my troops never managed to set foot unto Elacrai...so any different melee setup is useless I think.

It's possible, it just requires an absolutely enormous group of vassals, an upgraded CKO, and anything else you can throw at it. Not that I've done it  :razz:

Oh, and..
You cannot take it. You win the battle (if you get that far), then it just disappears and the Noldor hate you.

Would be cool to do as a very, very late game challange. Like so late theres nothing else to do and you wanna show off your '*** lad skilz'.

Instead if just ppl saying it's possible or impossible, it'll do much more to this thread to have posts from ppl who have actually tried.

No offense. That said, I don't see Elacrai falling even with 84:42 advantage. Besides other lords taking up troop slots with insufficiently powerful
troops, the Noldor had loads of troops behind the walls not actively participating yet. On that note, is it even possible to have vassals join you?

Anyone who has succeeded in the current version?

zykox said:
Instead if just ppl saying it's possible or impossible, it'll do much more to this thread to have posts from ppl who have actually tried.

I have gathered this knowledge from people who have tried on this forum, so I'd say that its quite reliable. (can't remember the post.)

Yes you can besiege and win the Noldor castle. But when you win the fight, the castle simply disappears, the same as when you are not friends with the Noldor. And the versions haven't changed for a year now, so I'd say it would work in this version.

The reward is far from being worth it. You get some shaggy Noldor items, goods etc and no more than that. Castle will disappear and your relation deteriorated to -70 or so.

Sorry I broke the dream of people who thinks Conquering the Noldor will give you option to recruit them. It does not work that way, and shouldn't because why would they fight for the mongrel that killed their kinsmen.

habeo123 said:
The reward is far from being worth it. You get some shaggy Noldor items, goods etc and no more than that. Castle will disappear and your relation deteriorated to -70 or so.

Sorry I broke the dream of people who thinks Conquering the Noldor will give you option to recruit them. It does not work that way, and shouldn't because why would they fight for the mongrel that killed their kinsmen.

It should be an alternative victory requirement for those of us who don't buy into the whole "boo-hoo we're so oppressed!" sob story and see Noldor for what they are: vicious tree-hugging, caravan raiding, peasant-harassing, Laria-sacking hippies.

reticentReciter said:
It should be an alternative victory requirement for those of us who don't buy into the whole "boo-hoo we're so oppressed!" sob story and see Noldor for what they are: vicious tree-hugging, caravan raiding, peasant-harassing, Laria-sacking hippies.
HzZb5ZN.jpg
Even as allies they "condescend" or "deign" to speak to you. (Can't remember which, not at home PC).

The poncy gits should be subjugated like everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom