42bt.jpg

2tdwd.jpg

km96.jpg

00b8.jpg

imp1336585692_dc203866b4b1.jpg

Mongolian_officials_in_uniform.JPG

Mongolian_police_in_traditional_uniform_.JPG

Those are pretty cool, once we get an art team ill show these to them.  :smile:

Even though this is Calradia (so one can only base on real world, not recreate it with fancy namechanging), I'd refrain for going too far with time period. And by too far, I've mean dates that would suggest extensive usage of machines and vehicles or, to be honest, any other weapons that may prove being hard to code into game/be game-breaking.
Let's face it, Warband can have armies of limited size and its AI can hardly be used for pure "general" type of character. Tanks, carpet bombing, artillery barrages... all of these make single soldier extremely feeble and one can't forget that in case of M&B, those feeble soldiers are we, players. On the other hand, early XXth century means lots of infantry, often tied in hand-to-hand combat, heck, even cavalry still has place on the battlefield.

Since you're using fantasy elements and stuff, why would you restrict yourself to a period in history? You can get so many more art and possibilities with a slight mix of everything.

Do not look here said:
Even though this is Calradia (so one can only base on real world, not recreate it with fancy namechanging), I'd refrain for going too far with time period. And by too far, I've mean dates that would suggest extensive usage of machines and vehicles or, to be honest, any other weapons that may prove being hard to code into game/be game-breaking.
Let's face it, Warband can have armies of limited size and its AI can hardly be used for pure "general" type of character. Tanks, carpet bombing, artillery barrages... all of these make single soldier extremely feeble and one can't forget that in case of M&B, those feeble soldiers are we, players. On the other hand, early XXth century means lots of infantry, often tied in hand-to-hand combat, heck, even cavalry still has place on the battlefield.

you are very right, I may bump the period up a bit to the 1910s, but I dont think a fully ww2 era mod is very feasable. I will discuss it with my partner some, but we may make it 1913 to allow for some automatic weapons, and more interesting items.

:roll: just a quick reminder encase there's
some confusion with the dates...

WWI : 1914 ~ 1918
Soviet Union : 1922 ~ 1991
Nazi Germany : 1933 ~ 1945
WWII : 1939 ~ 1945

Sherlock Holmes said:
Since you're using fantasy elements and stuff, why would you restrict yourself to a period in history? You can get so many more art and possibilities with a slight mix of everything.
thumbs-up-th.png

Also one of the reasons it should be fictional is that I already said I will allow you to use the WW2 properties I made, but how's that possible if you set the date to 1910s?

Well I would imagine that it would look close enough to be that period, I talked with some people on other forums, and we decided to change it to the early 20s, your WW2 Resources I think would look close enough to the time period. Remember this is FICTION, so we have a good amount of wiggle room. Like that one guy said, its hard to simulate a "lightning war" with mount and blade's engine.

by the way, NEW VERSION OUT TODAY :grin:

Hello, everyone I exist, did you know that. I'm also a very fast walrus straight from depths of icy Finland. P.S. I'm one of the mod developers, the Scamming Commie told me to make myself known here Ta-Tah have a good day!

I was only aiming at setting date to not ring the bells in players' heads that it shouldn't and I guess that 1920's will do just fine.
If XYZ rifle doesn't outrageously stand out, than optional *****ing about rifle from 1942, Europe, having no place in-game will have to be backed up by solid proofs that similar wasn't produced in 1919, in Yalen, Calradia :wink:

FastWalrus said:
Hello, everyone I exist, did you know that. I'm also a very fast walrus straight from depths of icy Finland. P.S. I'm one of the mod developers, the Scamming Commie told me to make myself known here Ta-Tah have a good day!

Give yourself a clever profile pic and one of our signatures :razz:

Do not look here said:
I was only aiming at setting date to not ring the bells in players' heads that it shouldn't and I guess that 1920's will do just fine.
If XYZ rifle doesn't outrageously stand out, than optional *****ing about rifle from 1942, Europe, having no place in-game will have to be backed up by solid proofs that similar wasn't produced in 1919, in Yalen, Calradia :wink:

Haha, I like the way you think.

ScreamingCommie said:
I have contacted festung Breslau a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten any replies, same with china battlefield, but ill keep waiting for them. If they gave us permission t would be a huge help. I plan to write my own scripts once I learn more python, but I know we are going to need a lot of art assets for this thing.

Have you thought about contacting La Grandmaster of The Reckoning? It's a zombie apocalypse mod (still in development) which will eventually include some features (explosives, cover system, vehicles in battles) interesting for a modern war themed mod.

I've read that you are looking for some Soviet music.. I think this link (i've heard all of them, they are good :grin:) is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxcP7TRY178

I suggest also to Contact Civil War Russia team guys cause they have good uniform.Maybe i've already said that.. But Ok!
We are all with you Commie :wink:

FastWalrus said:

Welcome to this wonderful game community :smile:

I played a bit and noticed several bugs:
  • In custom battle, Lenin doesn't have any ammos.
  • My character is unable to reload the strong carbine. The ammos I carries are displayed in the bottom-left corner, but the weapon is unloaded. When trying to reload it, my character plays the reloading animation, but eventually the rifle is still empty.
  • The ammo pouches have a weird appearance on my character. Instead of being displayed like they were attached to his belt, they float in front of him.
  • Butcher knives in inventory and merchant screens have a buggy texture.
  • The polearm-flag doesn't seem to display banners correctly.

I noticed something with the new main menu screen: are the writings a reference to this? :lol:

Also, I just had an idea about an original way to implement new companions: create a new kind of companions, who actually are official advisors. They would be very expensive, with weak fighting skills but a couple of their party skills are at the maximum level. Also, as advisors, they wouldn't be drifters who spawn in random taverns, but NPCs recruited from your castle, requiring the player character to be either a sufficiently important vassal or the leader of his own faction.
What kind of NPCS would they be? For example:
  • Field surgeon: Healing, surgery, first-aid.
  • Tactician: Tactics.
  • Engineer: Engineering
  • Master scout: Path-finding, spotting, tracking.
  • Quartermaster: Looting, trading. He should also have his own inventory (with a maxed out Inventory Management skill), and feed himself the whole party with food stored in him own stash.
  • Drill instructor: Training.
Also, they should be impossible to be converted as vassals.

I like it, I'll work on them soon.

Try a different ammo make sure it's rifle ammo, Ill check out the ammo pouch, butcher knife, and merchant glitch today as well.

Only played for a bit, but there's some issues. First - balancing the firearms. I know that "one bullet - one kill" is kind of prime rule of warfare, but rifles dealing over 100 piercing damage and unmatched accuracy (I'm looking at you, hunting rifle) is just too much. For the temporary solution - after death continuation of battle. It's easy to catch accidental bullet with forehead and then you get autocalc all over your men butts.

Second thing - smaller battlefields. As it is now, two groups of riflemen snipe themselves from two sides of map (it may change with more combatants, but I hardly believe it). Small maps with lots of things to cover behind would work better in my opinion (once again, I don't know how that would work with bigger armies, as too small maps would easily change into cluster****... but I guess it's chaos incarnated already with all those deadly firearms). Ideal situation would be to have few custom battlefields, so one could pepper those with buildings, fences and stuff. Large, green areas surrounded by seemingly no civilisation at all feel just weird in supposed age of industrialisation. And war. Well, mainly war.

Now to minor things I've noticed - item "crappy bullets" seems to lack model/texture, it appears as empty field in inventory. Second thing, Rhodok Militias are equipped with rifles, but seems to have no bullets, as they insist on using melee weapons. Merchant's brother from initial quest also appeared in weird, textureless hood that looked like Native pilgrim hood with extra piece covering mouth. Guards in city are standing in position suggesting rifle on hip with barrel lowered (don't know the name of the pose :razz:), but their rifles stay on their backs, so it looks weird. Would be also nice for ammo to have description in which weapons it may be used.

I'll keep my eye on this mod. It shows promises to end up very interesting, but will definitely need lots of work... jeez, I just thought about sieges on old castle maps  :shock: *shudder*

Back
Top Bottom