I played a bit with the Beta provided in the opening post. The mod has some potential but the current version has too few changes to be really interesting. For now, it is just Warband with a couple of modern guns, new music, and renamed factions. The merchant still sell the default M&B gear. You still met the Vanilla bandits. Etc.
But I am aware it is just a early version for a Work In Progress mod, the project is interesting and will probably be a good mod when more advanced. I like the setting better than the Middle Age Calradia (and I'm quite a fan of Red Army war music
). I am now waiting for a version with more modern gear, remade bandit parties, etc.
The USSR-Vaegir being lead but a certain "Iossif the Steel Man" made me laught when I noticed it.
Which countries were the inspiration for the Nordic Union and the Rhodokian Socialist Workers Union? Is Peoples Republic of the Khergit rather People's Republic of China, Mongolian People's Republic, or both?
A couple of personal suggestions:
- Remove the Native feature which stops the reloading when you get hit. It makes the rangefight very frustrating.
- Add rifles which can hold more than one bullet at a time.
- Increase reloading speed.
- New mêlée weapons (shovels, trench clubs, knives, etc). Like some Warband weapon can be used either as a throwing and a mêlée weapon, you can made pistols switchable to weak blunt weapons and some rifles attached with a bayonet usable as a piercing weapon.
- Add some special expensive troops hirable in towns only when you belong to a faction or have a very high relation with them. For exemple, Nord Commandos for the Nords, Spetnaz / Guard Riflemen for the Vaegirs, Sturmtruppen for the Swadians, etc.
- Replace crossbows with something else, for example, split the firearms between rifles ("firearms") and pistols ("crossbows"). Also, bows could be replaced by full automatic weapons.
- Add motorbikes as horses
- Add explosives (use the With Fire and Sword grenades as a model).
- Add the Freelancer minimod (it allows to enter in a lord's army as a mere footman and take part in battles without commanding anyone).