modmerger error, please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, i'm using modmerger to add a few extra mods to my main module (1158 module system), however, some of them such as the Formations mod run fine, whilst others, Freelancer in particular give me a huge string of errors, I can't understand why as I've installed it EXACTLY the same way as the one's that have worked (placing the freelancer_*.py) files into my main module directory, adding them to the modmerger_options and hitting build. This is what comes up though:

2rzuum1.jpg

I'm currently using the Freelancer  modmerger source files for found in the Floris Dev Kit, though I have also tried with the 1.51 version of the standalone module and get the same errors. I have the installed version of modmerger from this release

What is it I could be doing wrong here? I'm not the first person to have a similar problem as i've seen another thread here. Is it possible I'm using an antiquated version that does not fully support later mods modmerger code?

any insight at all would be appreciated.

The copy of modmerger found within Floris has some additions made by Caba'drin that are necessary to run some of its kits.  That's why you're seeing GameMenuOptionWrapper errors since it isn't part of sphere's 2.5 version of modmerger.  This should correct itself if you update your modmerger files with the ones found in Floris' source.  I thought Caba'drin had a copy of it hosted on the Nexus, but I was unable to locate it.

Here's a copy of those same files as used in Silverstag.  Just don't replace your modmerger_options file with the one I included as its unique to your setup and hasn't changed.

I downloaded those updated modmerger files though I'm still having no luck, I decided to go for a complete clean start to the implementation of this so hopefully you can point out from below if i've done anything wrong, sorry if this is a bit over simplified but I am determined to get this to work!  :idea:

• Create a new folder called "Freelancer1158" in my WarbandEdit folder on the C:\ drive and Copy and paste the 1.158 module system files into it

• Extract the ModMerger files from that link into the folder with the other 1158 module system files in (removing all of the mod entries from modmerger_options.py, and changing the version entries from 1153 to 115:cool:

• Install modmerger via modmerger_installer.py

• Make a copy of the Native folder from my Warband/Modules folder and rename it 'Freelancer 1158', and update the module_info.py with the correct module build destination, at which point I do a test build which brings up no errors

• Copy and paste the Freelancer_* .py files from the Floris Dev Suite 2.54 source folder into my Freelancer1158 module system folder

• I add the following code into modmerger_options.py

Code:
mods_active = [
# insert the active mod names here
 "freelancer",
]

• I then save the file and Build module, at which point I'm greeted by this sting of errors again :sad:

v43zh4.jpg

Is there some important step i'm missing here? I managed to get the Formations mod running fine through modmerger this is proving much more problematic, I also tried the same process with the 1.153 source files and had the same errors.

cheers for responding Windyplanes

You are missing a mesh named "background_general" that is probably called somewhere in the stuff you added from Floris.  I doubt it came from anything in the Modmerger stuff.  I suspect you will find it in Floris' module_meshes.py.

Windyplains said:
You are missing a mesh named "background_general" that is probably called somewhere in the stuff you added from Floris.  I doubt it came from anything in the Modmerger stuff.  I suspect you will find it in Floris' module_meshes.py.

Does this mean that there's more I need to port over from Floris in order to get it to work on a standard Native module system? I've seen other mods such as Clash of Kings and Warband Enhanced (for 1.143) implement the mod without trouble  :?:

Back
Top Bottom