List of random skill increases

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to come up with a comprehensive list of random skill increasing events. Video game OCD is a serious issue and you can SAVE LIVES by letting people know about potential extra skill boosts they might otherwise miss by getting a skill to 10 before the event kicks in. Even if it's unlikely to see more than a couple per session, it's nice to have a little reference handy.

Possible bonuses:

misty form: + 1 weapon master
you shiver: + 1 athletics
horse dream: + 1 riding
arrow from the sky: + 1 horse archery
unusually alert: + 1 trainer
woman dream: + 1 tactics
something is watching you: + 1 spotting
something ghostly: + 1 inventory management
old dagger: + 1 surgery
Noldor melody: + 1 first aid
hypnotic melody: + 1 engineering
utter silence: + 1 leadership
voices in the wind: + 1 prisoner management

Also a couple of questions:
1) Can the same event happen more than once? - Yes, they can
2) Are there any variables influencing their appearance, such as the luck stat or location?

Thanks!

krisvk said:
I don't think they can happen more than once, and im pretty sure they're completely random.

They can...
I received several horse archery bonuses and several bonuses to some medical skill (don't remember which one) in my current game.
Also I got an engineering bonus once I believe and ... I think that's all (I mean in my game).

Leonion said:
krisvk said:
I don't think they can happen more than once, and im pretty sure they're completely random.

They can...
I received several horse archery bonuses and several bonuses to some medical skill (don't remember which one) in my current game.
Also I got an engineering bonus once I believe and ... I think that's all (I mean in my game).
Wow, I rarely get more than one or two per game, so I guess I have been unlucky.

Thanks for replies!

I'll add horse archery and engineering and a few others to the list of the possible skill increases as well as a note that they can repeat. If you guys can recall any other skill bonuses as well as something about the flavor text message that accompanies them, I'd love to know.

reticentReciter said:
Thanks for replies!

I'll add horse archery and engineering and a few others to the list of the possible skill increases as well as a note that they can repeat. If you guys can recall any other skill bonuses as well as something about the flavor text message that accompanies them, I'd love to know.

There is no need to recall anything, there is a list on the Internet:
http://www.mb-jp.net/index.php?:eek:riginal/PoPwb/quick_strings.csv

qstr__You_have_the_feelin| You have the feeling that someone or something is watching you. Your spotting skill has increased by 1.
qstr__You_suddenly_realiz| You suddenly realize that there is utter silence surrounding you. The lack of sound seems deafening. Your leadership skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__Suddenly_you_feel_u| Suddenly you feel unusually alert and the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end! Your training skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__As_if_in_a_daze_you| As if in a daze, you look around you with a sense of deja-vu, recalling a dream you once had of conversing with a woman who had long dark hair and almond eyes. The conversation was important, but try as you will, you cannot remember what was said. Your tactics skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__There_is_a_strangel| There is a strangely hypnotic melody playing in your mind. You cannot put your finger on where or when you heard it before, but it keeps playing over and over again and you can't get it out of your head. You have a feeling that if you could recall who had played it, the significance of the tune would be important. Your Engineering skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__You_were_idly_watch| You were idly watching cloud formations in the sky as you did when you were a child, seeing shapes and faces within the clouds. One form seemed to be that of a fleet horse archer racing across the sky. Suddenly, an arrow drives into the ground before you, seemingly shot from the archer in the sky. Your horse archery skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__In_the_sound_of_a_g| In the sound of a gusting wind you hear voices but cannot make out what they are saying. You strain to listen, but the voices fade away. You know they were trying to tell you something, but could not make out the message. Your prisoner management skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__As_you_travel_you_s| As you travel, you strain your eyes towards the distant horizon. Something is there; you can just make out far off movement but cannot see clearly. A misty form flashes briefly in front of the trees and is gone. Your weapons master skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__Last_night_you_drea| Last night you dreamed that you were riding a horse swifter than the wind, which never tired, though you rode for an eternity. You bent over his neck and his mane blew against your face. You recall the dream perfectly and wonder what it might portend. Your riding skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__Carried_by_the_wind| Carried by the wind, the sound of a cheerful tune played upon a Noldor flute reaches your ears, but there is no one visible. You know that if you could just find the musician, you would be enthralled utterly by the music. As you look about, the music ends. Your first aid skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__A_chill_runs_down_y| A chill runs down your spine and you shiver. Someone must be walking over your future grave. Your athletics skill has been increasd by 1.
qstr__You_have_the_oddest| You have the oddest feeling that something ghostly is behind you and keep looking over your shoulder. All you see is the men who follow you. A chill hand brushes your cheek. Your inventory management skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__As_you_travel_somet| As you travel, something flashes in the grass. You pick it up and see it is a curiously curved dagger of obviously ancient provenance. Your surgery skill has been increased by 1.

I've actually asked the question about these bonuses in quick questions/answers thread some time ago.
Here is the reply:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,188133.msg7083691.html#msg7083691

Leonion said:
reticentReciter said:
Thanks for replies!

There is no need to recall anything, there is a list on the Internet:
http://www.mb-jp.net/index.php?:eek:riginal/PoPwb/quick_strings.csv

qstr__You_have_the_feelin| You have the feeling that someone or something is watching you. Your spotting skill has increased by 1.
qstr__You_suddenly_realiz| You suddenly realize that there is utter silence surrounding you. The lack of sound seems deafening. Your leadership skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__Suddenly_you_feel_u| Suddenly you feel unusually alert and the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end! Your training skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__As_if_in_a_daze_you| As if in a daze, you look around you with a sense of deja-vu, recalling a dream you once had of conversing with a woman who had long dark hair and almond eyes. The conversation was important, but try as you will, you cannot remember what was said. Your tactics skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__There_is_a_strangel| There is a strangely hypnotic melody playing in your mind. You cannot put your finger on where or when you heard it before, but it keeps playing over and over again and you can't get it out of your head. You have a feeling that if you could recall who had played it, the significance of the tune would be important. Your Engineering skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__You_were_idly_watch| You were idly watching cloud formations in the sky as you did when you were a child, seeing shapes and faces within the clouds. One form seemed to be that of a fleet horse archer racing across the sky. Suddenly, an arrow drives into the ground before you, seemingly shot from the archer in the sky. Your horse archery skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__In_the_sound_of_a_g| In the sound of a gusting wind you hear voices but cannot make out what they are saying. You strain to listen, but the voices fade away. You know they were trying to tell you something, but could not make out the message. Your prisoner management skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__As_you_travel_you_s| As you travel, you strain your eyes towards the distant horizon. Something is there; you can just make out far off movement but cannot see clearly. A misty form flashes briefly in front of the trees and is gone. Your weapons master skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__Last_night_you_drea| Last night you dreamed that you were riding a horse swifter than the wind, which never tired, though you rode for an eternity. You bent over his neck and his mane blew against your face. You recall the dream perfectly and wonder what it might portend. Your riding skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__Carried_by_the_wind| Carried by the wind, the sound of a cheerful tune played upon a Noldor flute reaches your ears, but there is no one visible. You know that if you could just find the musician, you would be enthralled utterly by the music. As you look about, the music ends. Your first aid skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__A_chill_runs_down_y| A chill runs down your spine and you shiver. Someone must be walking over your future grave. Your athletics skill has been increasd by 1.
qstr__You_have_the_oddest| You have the oddest feeling that something ghostly is behind you and keep looking over your shoulder. All you see is the men who follow you. A chill hand brushes your cheek. Your inventory management skill has been increased by 1.
qstr__As_you_travel_somet| As you travel, something flashes in the grass. You pick it up and see it is a curiously curved dagger of obviously ancient provenance. Your surgery skill has been increased by 1.

I've actually asked the question about these bonuses in quick questions/answers thread some time ago.
Here is the reply:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,188133.msg7083691.html#msg7083691

That's quite helpful, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom