M&B 1.011 - Making a New Faction Appear, and The Behavior of Lords (4/6/14)

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught

Sergeant Knight at Arms
To summarize:
*The lords of the new faction appear around the new city, as planned, and all have the correct banners, and have armies of faction reinforcements. They count as faction armies now.

This is fine. However...

Current problems:
*The Lords do not respond as lords when spoken to. Instead they give the stock "Surrender or die" response.

**********************************************************************************************

I need code that will simply Garrison all parties of a faction in a particular town when used. It sounds so simple, yet this problem has all but stopped development of my main mod.

The code needs to be tried and tested on M&B 1.011 - experimentation has yielded few results. PLEASE help!  :oops:

The idea is that a particular faction will remain all but hidden until a turning point in the game. This is very difficult to achieve in M&B 1.011 - and for the record, I have heard "you should port to Warband" plenty. Not gonna happen. :razz:

UPDATE: Alright, so I have all the lords in the castle now - minor change of code worked.

The problem is, the king still says they only have one army, even though all 17 lords are present. Maybe I have to wait for them to have a reason to spawn? I will keep testing, and see what happens when the castle is attacked...

UPDATE2: Tested, and they just sit in the castle - it is as if they have no map parties assigned to them. They definitely aren't counting as one of the armies for the faction, since the ruler of the faction himself says they have only 1 army, and are about to lose the war.

Also the ruler of the faction spontaneously disappeared from the garrison on one save game.

Also, if you tell the ruler you want to know the location of someone, none of the lords come up, and if you try to talk to them at the castle, the default "surrender or die. make your choice" "im not afraid. i will fight" dialog comes up instead of Lord dialog. :???:

It is quite frustrating, since all I really want to do is take those lords, who start off as fac_neutral, add them to the faction, and add them to the garrison of the one faction city, so that they may spread out and wreak their havoc on the local bandit parties, and begin to siege castles... :roll:

UPDATE3: Got the lords to spawn around the new town instead of being garrisoned, which is what I really wanted in the first place. They spawn with faction armies now as well. But for some reason their dialog or AI (not sure which) is set to the bandit response - perhaps it is due to the fact they are in a different section in module_troops.py. I will investigate further.

Almost therrrrrrre...

Mostly purely selfish artistic reasons.  :lol:

Because I have already started it on Vanilla, and I am more comfortable with it, for one thing. Also because I like the animations better, and find the weapon interface on Warband slightly awkward.

Also because it keeps interest in Vanilla going - if everyone switched to Warband, M&B would just be left behind - I have heard at least two people say they had Warband, but they bought M&B so they could play Solid and Shade, and that's a little bit more for the guys at Taleworlds. They did me a solid once, and I like to get them back in the shade when I can. You = saw what I did there.

Also because I would have to redo all the foot armor models. So many boots, so little time. :lol:

For some reason I also think Vanilla M&B just... fits the mood better somehow. It is what it is.

Anyway, I have everything done on the section of the mod I am working on, if I can just figure out how to pack all of the lords from the new faction into the castle of the new town. Then they can wander out from there naturally, and all will be well... or rather, not well at all... muahaha... ahem.  :twisted:

EDIT: To clarify, the lords have not been spawned yet anywhere, because they are factionless until the turning event in the mod. After said event, there is one town belonging to the new faction on the map, and the ruler of the faction is already there with his army, because the town is given to him in the process. I was under the impression they would naturally spawn from that town after it "appears" (it is kept far off the main map and invisible until the turning event, and is also factionless until then). But they do not.

So I think the easiest way to make them appear would be to manually place them in the garrison of the town, and then their troops should naturally spawn in their parties with them, when they venture out. But I am unsure how to do this. Any help is very much appreciated!  :grin:

UPDATE: Alright, so I have all the lords in the castle now - minor change of code worked.

The problem is, the king still says they only have one army, even though all 17 lords are present. Maybe I have to wait for them to have a reason to spawn? I will keep testing, and see what happens when the castle is attacked...

Back
Top Bottom