Can't besiege some specific castles

Users who are viewing this thread

Jukentins

Recruit
A strange thing is happening in my game. I'm a vassal of Airgill and have recently attacked a Connaught patrol despite the fact that my kingdom is not at war with them. They became hostile to me but I can't siege their castle (they only have one left). I tested trying to siege other castles and found out that I'm able to siege any East Seaxe settlement (they're hostile to me as well), but also unable to siege Ui Neil castle (I made them hostile to me too to test it). Don't know about other factions, but this is very strange anyway. Does somebody knows what is happening here?

Jukentins said:
A strange thing is happening in my game. I'm a vassal of Airgill and have recently attacked a Connaught patrol despite the fact that my kingdom is not at war with them. They became hostile to me but I can't siege their castle (they only have one left). I tested trying to siege other castles and found out that I'm able to siege any East Seaxe settlement (they're hostile to me as well), but also unable to siege Ui Neil castle (I made them hostile to me too to test it). Don't know about other factions, but this is very strange anyway. Does somebody knows what is happening here?

Hostile but no war? You can try attack Conn. caravans, lords or others, then game should let u attack castles and towns.

Idibil said:
Hostile but no war? You can try attack Conn. caravans, lords or others, then game should let u attack castles and towns.
Thanks for the quick reply, Idibil. It's nice to see how the devs of this mod care for their fans. What I meant with hostile but not at war was that I attacked them so they're at war with me but not with Airgill, the kingdom to which I'm a vassal. I attacked lords and patrols but still can't siege none of their castles or cities. I'm using the 1.40 version in 1.153 Warband.

How very strange, you should be able to siege all hostile holdings if I remember correctly (was anything changed about that in Brytenwalda?)

krisvk said:
How very strange, you should be able to siege all hostile holdings if I remember correctly (was anything changed about that in Brytenwalda?)

But he is vassal, no free. I dont have time for test it these days, but it is possible that Warband dont let him attack without war.

Idibil said:
But he is vassal, no free. I dont have time for test it these days, but it is possible that Warband dont let him attack without war.
That's not really the issue. As I said, I can siege East Seaxe (which is hostile to me but not at war with my kingdom aswell) holdings, but not from some other kingdoms, as the ones I mentioned. But don't worry, I'll test it with the 1.41 Brytenwalda/1.158 Warband and see if the problem is solved and if it's not I'll let you know. Thanks guys!  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom