A few questions

Users who are viewing this thread

New to the mod, and I've run into a few issues.

Are there any ways to get a steady income apart from enterprises?
I haven't tried a town yet, but castles and villages don't bring in enough money to maintain a garrison, and it would seem enterprises can't be made on 0 relation anymore, though I don't have enough capital to make more than 1 or 2 anyways.
Looting gives some great cash, but no income makes it difficult to sustain my troops for more than a few weeks.

What are some of the easier castles/towns to defend?
If I'm going to start my own kingdom, I want to find a place that has a good chokepoint where archers can let loose. All the castles I've seen so far have 3-4 entry points including ladders headed up to the archer's location.

Is there any point to Perisoan Ruins?
Poked around it for a bit, but it seemed completely empty, and I could walk straight through a good bit of the castle/terrain.

Steady income? Same thing in native. Also if you can not build an enterprise it may be because a lord does not like you though that's like 5 towns maximum.

How many troops and what ttpes of troops are you supporting?

Easy? Do you mean world map easy, which I can help with. Or during siege easy.

Not fully implemented, so far it's glitchy.

Aragton450 said:
Steady income? Same thing in native. Also if you can not build an enterprise it may be because a lord does not like you though that's like 5 towns maximum.

It isn't because lords don't like me. That has a different dialogue than what you get for town relations, which is what I get at 0 relation.

I'm fielding an army composed completely of Redwood foot archers, various ranks, around 90-110 in my party at any given time. My garrison is mostly the same, with around 40 top tier units and 3 or so Elvarie Guardians I rescued. Then I have about 100 bottom/low tier units in it. Total weekly wage is usually around 5-6k, which is roughly what I get from one village raid, but I don't like having to raid villages.

During siege easy. Location doesn't really matter to me. Pure archers like I have obviously isn't going to cut it for a real garrison, but I'm looking for an easily defended fief before I start recruiting infantry.

Shinigami936 said:
Aragton450 said:

It isn't because lords don't like me. That has a different dialogue than what you get for town relations, which is what I get at 0 relation.

I'm fielding an army composed completely of Redwood foot archers, various ranks, around 90-110 in my party at any given time. My garrison is mostly the same, with around 40 top tier units and 3 or so Elvarie Guardians I rescued. Then I have about 100 bottom/low tier units in it. Total weekly wage is usually around 5-6k, which is roughly what I get from one village raid, but I don't like having to raid villages.

During siege easy. Location doesn't really matter to me. Pure archers like I have obviously isn't going to cut it for a real garrison, but I'm looking for an easily defended fief before I start recruiting infantry.

You either have negative relations with that town or glitchyness is going on.

The redwood nation has the best archers! It's best if you start recruiting a few tolranian or valahir units to protect them.

During siege easy? There is always a way up to a tower, 1 or 2 ways. Take a walk around the courtyards to analyze the castle.

Athkor said:
Shinigami936 said:
Aragton450 said:

The redwood nation has the best archers! It's best if you start recruiting a few tolranian or valahir units to protect them.

During siege easy? There is always a way up to a tower, 1 or 2 ways. Take a walk around the courtyards to analyze the castle.
Way too lazy to go around recruiting foreign units, my infantry is just any prisoners I rescue.
Towns suddenly are letting me build enterprises again. No idea why, all the towns I tried before had 0 town relation and positive lord relation.

How does walking around the courtyard let you analyze it? Ladders and breaches don't show up outside of a siege battle do they?
The structure of the castle itself isn't all that important with how I handle sieges, because most of the time once the enemy gets past the walls the casualties for me skyrocket.
I prefer to have an excessive amount of archers shoot anyone who goes up the ladders from the side. A secondary chokepoint within the castle helps, but keeping them from doing that much damage in the first place is better.

Found a town that I'm confident in defending though, Amarna. One ladder, 1 archer position on each side, and a whole bunch of ragdolls.

Shinigami936 said:
New to the mod, and I've run into a few issues.

Are there any ways to get a steady income apart from enterprises?
I haven't tried a town yet, but castles and villages don't bring in enough money to maintain a garrison, and it would seem enterprises can't be made on 0 relation anymore, though I don't have enough capital to make more than 1 or 2 anyways.
Looting gives some great cash, but no income makes it difficult to sustain my troops for more than a few weeks.

What are some of the easier castles/towns to defend?
If I'm going to start my own kingdom, I want to find a place that has a good chokepoint where archers can let loose. All the castles I've seen so far have 3-4 entry points including ladders headed up to the archer's location.

Is there any point Perisoan Ruins?
Poked around it for a bit, but it seemed completely empty, and I could walk straight through a good bit of the castle/terrain.

There's no actual way of getting a steady income. This game probably expects you to become a vassal or king early-game, prisoner-management gives you about at average 100 per prisoner (Dependent), trading gives you the same as Native, enterprises give you amounts that won't last you if you fill yourself. Probably a steady income is continuous combat in my opinion. (And selling the rusted and broken loot you find everywhere)

I know Jamiche Castle, though it's difficult to take over. Jamiche Castle is primarily owned by Redwood, so it's a pain. The way your soldiers will go is, they enter the castle gate and enter the field, where the Redwood Archers would be standing at all sides, and shooting continuously at you from all directions, making it impossible to shield. There's 2 ladders leading to the lowest part of that wall, but I doubt they would even be able to reach it before they all die.

Perisonan Ruins serve no purpose yet, future updates may give it something to poke around for.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it was Jamiche Castle, but I remembered it was one of those Redwood Castles by the North-West of Amana.

atm the best income comes from battles (imo) if you invest a bit in Looting like 4 points and you have chances to get items with "Lordly" attribute.

my personal favourite money grinding is hakkon lancers with eagle knights for those blunt weapons, and start to capture high tier units like demon priests/worshippers, wolf knights and so on  (getting 300-800 per prisoner is quite handy).

also you said you casualtys skyrocket when enemy infantry reachers you archers (doesn`t take much to figure out why now does it :roll:)

having just archers won`t work always, especialy in sieges.

i usualy make 100k (atleast) in about 2 hours by fighting bandits/mercenarys and other minor factions parties, if i`m at war with another kingdom the time required to get 100k is about 1 hour if i`m lucky and encounter lots of their armies :smile:

for best income i found it to be Galwe - due to the central position relative to the other kingdoms.
recruit dohosan and sent him with gifts to the other kingdoms, good relations = more caravans coming through your city (also get the caravan related upgrade for that city), at one point i was getting over 10k just from tarrifs weekly.

ow and btw with galwe if you are at war, don`t wait for the enemy to swarm you with @1000 troops, most of the times enemy lords won`t travel at the same speed, so use that to your advantage and pick them off 1 by 1 before they reach your city

Shinigami936 said:
habeo123 said:
Or have 600-700 high tier troops in your garrison, ready to kick some ass.
noosers said:
Accumulating 150k debt is pretty much the American Way in this game.
Eh?

I could supplement my army with morale using the fief improvement in town, go around killing things and capture prisoner. One session of a month game time I could produce and profit 300-400k aurums over about 1k troops, sitting in garrisons and on my army. And I have about 200 Great Knight sitting inside one of the garrison waiting for another town to siege. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: What I suggest is in time of peace, instead of doing nothing and let time pass by, constantly going around killing bandits and such while training your hard earned troops like Holy Champion, Warden, Assassin, Dragoner or Kingsman is the best thing. It enables you to go into war whenever you want.

Back
Top Bottom