Modeling and Texturing

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello friends. I may have very little posts on the forums, but I assure you I have 3000+ hours on mount and blade warband. I am also a hardcore member of SRP which is a hardcore RP mod for mount and blade warband.

Anyway my problem is lately I have been using Blender to create things for mount and blade, while I have a good grip of the interface of blender. And have made some items like these.

1qe9.jpg
w5rh.jpg
hznt.png

And some animations like these

dol0.png
zprh.png
g4kw.png

And I know how to use openBRF to preview and use items from mount and blade warband, may main problems are

1) How do I texture properly? I have taken the images you seen above from Google and thrown them on, I know somehow you can create your own textures on Photoshop or something similar, but I have no idea how to UV map certain bits of the sword or anything onto the map properly, when I do it its normally something like "UV Map From View" or the simple "UV Map" which normally is a freaking nightmare to texture with and makes it impossible to make my own textures.

2) Once I make an animation or model, how do I put it in mount and blade warband? While I know how to take things using OpenBRF to take things out I don't know how to make it a .brf file again to put it back ingame

DerGreif said:
Those animations look really good.  Sadly, I cannot help you with your questions.
EDIT: 2) Once I make an animation or model, how do I put it in mount and blade warband? While I know how to take things using OpenBRF to take things out I don't know how to make it a .brf file again to put it back ingame

OK, to put any model or brf in warband ( in your module, native if you work or anyone in particular ) you need to copy/paste a brf, then rename it, delete all items inside. In the second part you need to dowload the module system for warband, latest version. With that you need to add your items on module_items. You can view many tutorials about that on this forum. Add your textures and materials in order to make correctly your creations and edit the module.ini file on your module folder. Inside you just need to put a simply line like " load_mod_ressource = yourbrfname "
okay, next compile your module sytem and run m&b warband. This answer is just to add new items and create your own brf file. Make sure your texture are put in Texture folder.

Wow nice animations and items, I hope I help you. Good job, and good luck.
Bye

AlphA

Spectrum said:
Hello friends. I may have very little posts on the forums, but I assure you I have 3000+ hours on mount and blade warband. I am also a hardcore member of SRP which is a hardcore RP mod for mount and blade warband.

Anyway my problem is lately I have been using Blender to create things for mount and blade, while I have a good grip of the interface of blender. And have made some items like these.

1qe9.jpg
w5rh.jpg
hznt.png

And some animations like these

dol0.png
zprh.png
g4kw.png

And I know how to use openBRF to preview and use items from mount and blade warband, may main problems are

1) How do I texture properly? I have taken the images you seen above from Google and thrown them on, I know somehow you can create your own textures on Photoshop or something similar, but I have no idea how to UV map certain bits of the sword or anything onto the map properly, when I do it its normally something like "UV Map From View" or the simple "UV Map" which normally is a freaking nightmare to texture with and makes it impossible to make my own textures.

2) Once I make an animation or model, how do I put it in mount and blade warband? While I know how to take things using OpenBRF to take things out I don't know how to make it a .brf file again to put it back ingame

I realize this is from some months ago, have you figured out how to properly texture items? If not, I can provide some insight.

For the little i know to make good textures of your models you have to UV unwrap your models and then paint the texture with Blender texture paint (painting on the 3D mesh) or with Gimp or Photoshop. This is for the diffuse map, then you have to make a bum map or normal map. You have many tutorials on Youtube.

Back
Top Bottom