Why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Crusader7

Regular
So, I'm downloading this mod as of currently, yet it says (for the high res version) that it will take 10-11 hours! This mod looks awesome and yet it seems I will not be able to enjoy it. This has happened to every other mod I have tried to download. Can someone please help?!!?

With my ****ty internet it takes about an hour to download this when I now tried, so there's probably something wrong with your internet. Also you should try the low res version, though if the downloading time is the same 10-11 hours with all mods you try to download, it most likely isn't going to change anything.

My internet speed is 54 mbps so I don't think it's that.... And my computer is an Acer Aspire V5 so its pretty solid. Also it takes minutes to download anything else like 7 zip so I don't know if its just the content of the mod that is so massive or what. The mods I've tried to download so far are this and the Clash of Kings mod. Though with my old computer which is ****, it took only 30 minutes to download a mod such as ASOIAF Clash of Kings.

usnavy30 said:
Moddb download times vary by traffic have you tried the google docs mirrors?
Ill try that, thank you. It might also be caused by the fact that I have windows 8.1 downloading or the fact that I haven't downloaded it yet

usnavy30 said:
What was wrong with the download?
There is nothing wrong about the download but for some reason, bog mods like your guys' is taking really long to download. I looked at the download for the mod and for some reason it was at 45KB/sec. This hasn't happened with any of the other smaller mods or downloads so I don't know what's wrong.

Back
Top Bottom