Need Feedback....Personal Mini Update to Troops.txt

Users who are viewing this thread

Subitai

Knight at Arms
If anyone has been reading the Suggestions thread they might have seen a post I made about improving the shield skills of all lords.  Namely this:
Subitai said:
In a PM I sent to Korivov:

In Floris I recently came across something that I had noticed in E1200 but hadn't really done anything about it.  That being that 99.9% of all Lords in E1200 have "0" shield skill except for the "lord William Marshall" he has shield skill of 8 !!!! (but him alone and nobody else as of Version .22)    A forum member DarkOmegaMK2 over there DID exactly what I had been thinking ... and them some

This is his post to his Mini Mod: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,296500.0.html

- This modification attends
Lords don't use shields!: Lords DO have shields in their inventory but they all have a skill of 0, meaning that not only their shields are worthless. in battle, lords are easy as all hell to defeat, which is rather sad, to say the least. (specially during sieges)

- What this thing does:
This thing gives all lords (kings and claimants included) a shield skill of 5. The effects of this is that lords turn into very competent warriors (as they should!). This is the case specially for Sanjar Khan (I refuse to call him Khan Sanjar, by the way.) which becomes so strong that he has been able to resist a fair amount of time in a battle before going down, shields on the lords will make battles surprisingly more challenging.

Of course i'm not stealing DarkOmegaMK2's work... I have only been inspired by it.  Many thanks to him for that. 
But it took me about 2hours  or more to go into the E1200 Troops.txt and manually change each of over 900 entries from "0" to "5" .  I also left the lord William Marshall at 8 shield skill.  I did this to make the game tougher and better for more experienced players. 

If you're interested I can send you my Troops.txt file.  In that file I changed starting from "King pere the Catholic ....to Arwa the Pearled one"  Meaning i've also included the claimants. 

1st,  I created a New troops.txt  (smaller in size only 932 entries for the lords I wanted to change).  I then copied and pasted those edited files OVER the original ones.  I was just using "notepad" but I had to be certain to create the new file under the "UTF-8" standard.  It can save you allot of work if you want to add it.    If you're not interested then my apologies for bringing it up. 

2nd,  I wanted to ask your permission if I could make my files public for download on the E1200 thread.  But I would not do so without your consent.

Best to you, "O"

NikeBG said:
I haven't played Floris, but if it makes lords better fighters (like mini-bosses of a sort), then I think it's a fine idea. You might even consider the other battle skills as well, if you find it necessary. :smile:
In that regard, I've wondered - do lords' other non-battle skills have effect in the game? Like trainer, tactics, pathfinding, spotting, leadership etc?

Hey NikeBG...Thanks for the good Idea. I not sure but this is what I know:  Other than the random combat skills and NO SHIELD skill!!!.... they only have random amounts in athletics, riding, training, tactics, prisoner mgmt and Leadership.  None of the lords seem to have Path finding, spotting or Engineer.    Rest are all zero as well.

I have question for anybody whilst i'm still updating my Troops.txt file;

-  In addition to giving all lords (5) shield skill...
-  I am also giving all 4 Grandmasters of the "Orders", all Archbishops and all Bishops additional skills of  (3) woundtreatment, (5) Surgery and (3) FirstAid and perhaps some persuasion for fun. :smile:

If anybody had any special requests or opinions on what other changes I could add, could you please leave some feedback?

My purpose in this is of course to improve the game...and I'd love to share my files and experiences of the effects with Korinov and whomever (make Public) if that's ok. 

Will be interesting to see if the surgery, first aid etc work for the lords, I see no reason why they wouldn't, but I doubt persuasion does anything in NPC to NPC interactions, and it obviously does nothing in NPC to Player interactions.
If you want to make the lords more formidable opponents you could also up their ironflesh, powerstrike and maybe even athletics abilities a bit.

Was going to answer you via PM, but since the post is already here:

I've already fixed that. I guess it was an oversight by the original game developers not to give any lords the shield skill. So I've basically added it to all of them.

I'll probably give some tweaks to specific lords as well (the Grandmasters of the orders is a nice idea), others like William Marshal as you already know already have their "share"  :wink:

Well, if we can give suggestions here, for specific lords' tweaks, I'll start with those under my "jurisdiction":
- Tsar Kaloyan and his "colleague" and cousin Ivanko could have a higher Ironflesh and/or Power Strike than average, considering their supposed skeletons (and those of Kaloyan's elder late brothers) are over 1,90 m., quite high for that age. Kaloyan could have a bit more PS than Ivanko, considering a teen-age skull trauma supposedly caused him great fits of rage, while Ivanko could have some point(s) in the Trainer skill, since he's reported to have selected his troops himself while preparing for the rebellion. Some Tactics and/or Leadership for Kaloyan, given his proven commanding skills, some Tactics for Ivanko as well.
- The great voivode Manastar could have a better riding skill, considering he's a Cuman and all that. Maybe some tactics as well, since he's a "marshal" of the state.

Back
Top Bottom