Exiled One in Celtic?

Ceann Deoraiocht

From what I understand if I scanned correctly:

CEANN can be

Kahn-ee Connie(?) (Kahnny)?

then Deoraiocht can be

ThO-ahhRH-EEOCHT

haah.. i lost it...

Sorry, what is "Celtic"? Not heard of that language! Now, there are plenty of Celtic languages at the time of the mod, but there never was nor is any single a Celtic language. It's like saying: "How do you pronounce/say exiled one in European?".

Anyway, it's Irish Gaelic you have there... I don't think it's Old Irish either, I think that's modern, but from what I know of Gaelic I'd pronounce it like:

Ceann - "Can"/"Caun"/"Cawn"
Deoraiocht - "Joe/Ja-ree-Ocht/Acht" - "ch" being the same as Loch

Sources: Being from the Highlands. That's enough.

Deoraíocht (Old Irish deoraidecht) means "exile" as in "the state of having been forced into exile", not "the person who has been exiled". The word you're looking for is deoraí (Old Irish deorad). No need to use ceann.

edit: also it's not a name, and it's not "devastating".

I'm telling you, you don't need to translate "one". In Old Irish you'd either say in deorad, "the exile", or in deoradach, "the exiled (one)". In Modern Irish, an deoraí would do just fine. If you absolutely want to use the same construction as in English, you'd say something like an ceann ionnarbtha, I think, but that would be very clumsy and sound even less like a plausible nickname (emphasis on nickname; it is NOT a name in any case).

So you are saying.. my mother gave me the name... Exiled One... and it is not my name? You are not the authority on what is ones name!

It is the perfect name for one who intends to gather the evil and destroy the world! WATCH OUT FOR Deoraiocht !!!  :evil: :mad: :twisted:

Move to the woods if you are that concerned. cus im pretty sure any ammount of sitting on your ass to picture show gaming would have them .. well drinking your blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom