[BoP: SS] Senatorial Shenanigans - That's All, Folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lex Hostimentum et halosis de Lycia
Vote: Yes (55)

Lex novum Legate de Illyria

Lex Paciscor de propinquus Regnum et Asia

Gens Aemilia approves of the effort to reach out to our neighbours. However, it is our belief that Lycia has made their own bed, and as such any efforts to contact them should be carried out with salvation in one hand and a Gladius in the other. To this effect we would nominate Manius Aemilius Mamercus to serve as an emissary to the Lycians. He is without question one of the finest speakers fathered by Rome, more than capable of effectively underscoring just how desperate the Lycians situation is.

Lex Exstruo Munimentum de Illyria

While a measure of frugality is certainly commendable, we would not risk the chance that fortifications of less than optimal effectiveness should be constructed. Should such come to pass, it would be the lives of the brave legions of Rome that are expended. We would not wish to see such circumstances come to pass to the effect of pinching denari. It would be my hope that other Gens hold at least this much regard for the lives of our soldiers.

(I've had a really bad week and the allergy medication I'm on is messing with my ability to comprehend things, but I'll respond to the thread as soon as I'm feeling better.)

Vote: Yes (80)

When the 2 laws pass that require further elections upon commanders and diplomats I will see to it that armies are prepared and ready for engagement upon conclusion of said election.

Senators of Rome,

The Preator for Gens Servilia will be Marcus Servilius Casca, whereas the previous member of their Dynasty will be an Aedile this man has already occupied that position and will like his kin bring glory to the Republic.

With the powers vested in me by the Senate and People of Rome I declare it so.

-Consul Sulla

I fully support all of these bills, and encourage others to do the same.

In regards to the funds being assigned to Illyria, I think we should spend now rather than risk a rebellion later. Well established forts and messaging systems throughout the new province will cement our grip upon the region, and allow us to assign some of the occupation forces elsewhere when the time comes.

Vote: Yes (45)

Gens Lucretia would humbly come forward with 2 skilled Legates for the task, and would humbly and faithfully serve under a fitting and experienced Imperator.

A wise initiative, and one that Gens Lucretia would support by presenting their own corps of diplomats if there is such a need for their services for the Republic.

(sorry for the drop in activity, I was on vacation)

Vote: Yes (40)

I believe Marcus, currently serving as a Legate in Illyria, would make an excellent choice for one of these Legates. His actions in command speak for themselves.

I will approve of this, however I would have preferred the amount of denarii spent to be lower.

Vote: Yes (50)

I assume that the matter of an "independent assessment of the costs proffered and associated with this refit be mapped and presented for the Senate" will be handled by the Consuls in the coming 6 months? I imagine that a Quaestor will be appointed to do so?

I trust that whomsoever conducts this assessment will find the expenses to correlate with the number of legionaries recruited, the fact that they are there cannot be disputed.

Quintus Lucretius Vespillo and Gens Lucretia thank the most excellent Curule Aedile for his trust in our capacity to perform this duty well, and we wish to announce that in this responsability we will personally oversee the finances of the budget allocated to building the fort and the security infrastructures in Illyria, and we hope some of you feel more at ease with this fact with the amount to be spent on the project

My apologies to the players, the voting deadline has passed with no lock on voting, school just started and I've been incredibly busy lately. The deadline will be extended a few days until I get everything sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom