Order of the Dark Pimpernel

Users who are viewing this thread

deityshadow

Recruit
I was minding my own business when a lord in another castle made a new knighthood order,  I didn't know they could make new ones too!  I think that is awesome.

I think it's really cool myself. It can be pretty odd at times though...

H5mWtgL.jpg

IlluminaZer0 said:

H5mWtgL.jpg
In case some ppl don't get the oddity:

The Order of the Falcon is the same order Madame Ursula (Ravenstern Claimant) belongs to, meaning it's the same order King Gregory IV actually declared outlaw and had most of its members hunted down and killed.
So story-wise it's completely unthinkable for him to "refound" it.

Same goes with Khan Bahadur Khan hiring Sheik Shalavan, because Sheik Shalavan is a rebel lord who was also declared outlaw, and is also bent on revenge vs the Bahadur Khan.

Well, I guess that's part of the coding problem...makes for a funny game though!
_______
Btw, I remember reading a rumor about Oswald de Fleur "he has the women raped in front of the men, then kills their children, then the women, and at last the men"...don't remember the exact order. It was on an older version of PoP.
However this time the rumor doesn't seem to pop up...has it been removed?

zykox said:
IlluminaZer0 said:

H5mWtgL.jpg

The Order of the Falcon is the same order Madame Ursula (Ravenstern Claimant) belongs to, meaning it's the same order King Gregory IV actually declared outlaw and had most of its members hunted down and killed.

Same goes with Khan Bahadur Khan hiring Sheik Shalavan, because Sheik Shalavan is a rebel lord who was also declared outlaw, and is also bent on revenge vs the Bahadur Khan.

Well, I guess that's part of the coding problem...makes for a funny game though!
_______
Btw, I remember reading a rumor about Oswald de Fleur "he has the women raped in front of the men, then kills their children, then the women, and at last the men"...don't remember the exact order. It was on an older version of PoP.
However this time the rumor doesn't seem to pop up...has it been removed?

He says that if you talk to him directly in a fief.

zykox said:

Politicians are known to have a bad memory regarding things they promised in the past. Also they tend to do whatever nets them the most profit, be it power- or money-wise. Therefore i don't see a coding problem here -in fact it represents real life amazingly well  :wink:

The new minor orders are quite amazing. In one of my games there were five of them, the Red Castle, the Blue Castle, the Dark Stallion, the Steadfast Dolphin and the Eternal Lion. It was really hilarious.

skullmasher said:
zykox said:

Politicians are known to have a bad memory regarding things they promised in the past. Also they tend to do whatever nets them the most profit, be it power- or money-wise. Therefore i don't see a coding problem here -in fact it represents real life amazingly well  :wink:

Uh, Madam Ursula is still alive and the Order of the Falcon is still prosecuted...so why should he forget?
Besides, what about the knights of the falcon? Having had the majority of them slain and the rest prosecuted...you think they're gonna forget?

I don't see how that reflects real life. Real life politics may be like that, but not with the same politician.
The world has surely forgotten Hitler. The Afghans have surely forgotten Bush, yes? The Taiwanese love Nixon and Saddam Hussein is a popular name.
Haha, ok, sorry, I got your winks, but I tend to answer seriously, if I think the question warrants it. No offense or hard feelings, yes?

Yeah, the minor orders are quite funny...wouldn't say the same about the "Emerald Lilys" though....funky green guys in plate, but swinging around what appear to be rune axes? Damn Fierds are really bothering with those guys...as if the Berserkers weren't enough. And no, I don't have the time to build an archer army...not when there's a 3k deathstack sieging my 2nd town, and every other random lord I run into has 300+ troops.
Are you sure Oswald says that himself, Theo? I clearly remember it being a rumor ABOUT him. If he's hired by a non-enemy king, I'll ask him and see what he says. Thanks for the reply though

he re-founded the falcons to mold them the way he wants and to lure unsuspecting old order falcons into a trap.
I don't see many falling for it, but get hit on the head a few too many times with doom maces and you will believe anything.

Gregory feels jocular.

Apart from that, it´s a ruse of war. Disguised as exotic dancers, he and his merry band of fellow Ravenstern skirt wearers hope to make it through the Jatu plains unmolested to attend The Warly Slaughterhouse Party at D´Shar capital, Torbah.

noosers said:
Gregory feels jocular.

Apart from that, it´s a ruse of war. Disguised as exotic dancers, he and his merry band of fellow Ravenstern skirt wearers hope to make it through the Jatu plains unmolested to attend The Warly Slaughterhouse Party at D´Shar capital, Torbah.

Jatu: "Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

Back
Top Bottom