How to change your troop type in freelancer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Silencerx

Recruit
I have just recently started playing the Brytenwalda module for warband which includes the freelancer mod.

The names in Brytenwalda are gibberish to an english reader like me. I just recieved the option of a promotion and my choice was between Geneata Seaxe and Geoguth Seaxe, as you can imagine i was confused. I clicked in the right lower left area of the promotion screen to refocus my windowed game so i could maybe find a troop tree. After i clicked far away from the 2 troop choices it activated the second bottom choice which was the Geoguth Seaxe. I looked up in the troop tree, and that was not the troop i wanted to choose.

Is there a way to change your troop job under a faction?

I had been with another faction as an archer but there's no promotion after it in Brytenwalda, I soon figured out any lord i tried to enlist with in that faction would only take me as a low tier archer with no promotions. This is why I'm with a new faction and i do not want to switch factions again.

Is there a way to cheat and change my troop type?
Is there a way to edit my save game to change my troop type? (I downloaded a save game editor that supports modules but i have no idea where the data is in the save game file.)

Thank you for any help.

well if you mean you didnt want to go in the certain troop tree than you just retire from the lord's faction and join the one you want.

But if you mean choose the troop from the certain troop tree you must kill or wound many soldiers to rank up and then choose the troop you want starting from the bottom.

Yea I am looking for a way to change my troop job to the other path in the troop hierarchy, I accidentally went down the "spear men" line instead of "swordsman".

If i retire and join a lord in the same faction i retain my same job that i just retired from. The only way, known to me, is to move to a new faction, which I have already begrudgingly done, I really do not want to do that again.

I'm asking if anyone else knows how to change path in the hierarchy one went down for troop jobs. For instance if you accidentally picked nord archer and you really wanted to pick nord swordsman (or whatever it is), going to the swadians would not be the solution.

Same issue here -

I figured the data correllating to tier would be under faction data -

So:

Faction > fac_kingdom_# (look under name to identify faction) >  #slots > ?

The last section of variables seems to alter basic relations etc - but the majority of slots are... well just named "slots".

Would love to stick with my lord, but this rank just isn't right for me.

Would an author or experienced modder have any idea of which variables we're looking for?

This is using MnBSaveGameEditor v1_03.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Silencerx said:
I have just recently started playing the Brytenwalda module for warband which includes the freelancer mod.

some versions of freelancer have a dialog with your liege lord to ask to change path. Did you try that ? Talk to him and explore your dialog options.

Back
Top Bottom