[UNAC S3] Suggestions, Improvements and Announcements

Users who are viewing this thread

So, from the looks of it, a lot of people are not going to be able to participate in UNAC S3.

Speculation is that HB, Rebels, Balions, and DoF may not join at all. That cuts the possible 10 teams to 6. That is if the 6 actually joins. So, what do you guys want to do? Continuing on schedule, is of course, always an option, but I just want to get your opinions on things.

I'm disappointed to see the reduction in teams, but perhaps some of these newer clans will step up to fill the slots.  That being said, wK is planning to participate.  I don't see the point of canceling the tourney over a lack of teams -- clans that are interested in scrimming will do so, might as well keep the unified ruleset and scheduling expectations working.

Nord Champion said:
So, from the looks of it, a lot of people are not going to be able to participate in UNAC S3.

Speculation is that HB, Rebels, Balions, and DoF may not join at all. That cuts the possible 10 teams to 6. That is if the 6 actually joins. So, what do you guys want to do? Continuing on schedule, is of course, always an option, but I just want to get your opinions on things.
I'd be pretty surprised if we only have 6. Were you counting SF, MTW, TR, DW, and PoN as all potentially joining?

Is TR even a legit clan? I've also been seeing this 300 clan but again not sure if legit. If Rebels and HB don't submit a team, that's half of Div A gone. Might wanna address brackets again in your next meeting.

Courtney said:
Is TR even a legit clan? I've also been seeing this 300 clan but again not sure if legit. If Rebels and HB don't submit a team, that's half of Div A gone. Might wanna address brackets again in your next meeting.

Yes they're legit, they're probably going to make a thread soon. I know they have enough numbers, a teamspeak, and a steam group. I've also talked to them and they said they will join UNAC 3.

It's an obvious answer but divisions should be gone 100%.

Honestly, we're back to square one.

What are the teams left? wK, TMW, PoN, TR, KoA, DW, GK, SF, Wappaw. Not sure where 6 are coming from... Granted, we may not see all these teams enter. Personally I would go back to a round robin format and have 4 teams compete for the title.

If DoF could form a team it would still be 10. 10 week tournament which sounds pretty lackluster for me but at this point we have no other options. Then we have the chance some collaboration between HB/Balion/Rebel/? could form for an 11th team.

Sad to see the NA community lose a lot of clans in such a short amount of time. Hopefully we can pick up the pieces and rock on.

CalamityuP said:

What are the teams left? wK, TMW, PoN, TR, KoA, DW, GK, SF, Wappaw. Not sure where 6 are coming from... Granted, we may not see all these teams enter. Personally I would go back to a round robin format and have 4 teams compete for the title.

If DoF could form a team it would still be 10. 10 week tournament which sounds pretty lackluster for me but at this point we have no other options. Then we have the chance some collaboration between HB/Balion/Rebel/? could form for an 11th team.

Sad to see the NA community lose a lot of clans in such a short amount of time. Hopefully we can pick up the pieces and rock on.

I agree completely.  As to DoF, we will have a team in some form, details are still unknown.

WilySly said:
I'm disappointed to see the reduction in teams, but perhaps some of these newer clans will step up to fill the slots.  That being said, wK is planning to participate.  I don't see the point of canceling the tourney over a lack of teams -- clans that are interested in scrimming will do so, might as well keep the unified ruleset and scheduling expectations working.

I didn't say cancel. I said "continuing on schedule", meaning on the current path with the current deadlines.

Unicorn said:
I'd be pretty surprised if we only have 6. Were you counting SF, MTW, TR, DW, and PoN as all potentially joining?

From that list I was only including DW and PoN. A bad assumption, on my part.

CalamityuP said:

It is sad. I think we can go forward with this, though. I agree that divisions should be cut, at least in this Season.

The Pizza said:
Is there a reason for the rule that prevents teams from trading players after week 2?

It was put in place due to fears that players would be on a loosing team, and at the last second leave that team to join a team doing better to help them in the tournament. The point being that the team(s) that is loosing/gaining the player is no longer an accurate representation of the team that performed earlier in the season.

Nord Champion said:
The Pizza said:
Is there a reason for the rule that prevents teams from trading players after week 2?

It was put in place due to fears that players would be on a loosing team, and at the last second leave that team to join a team doing better to help them in the tournament. The point being that the team(s) that is loosing/gaining the player is no longer an accurate representation of the team that performed earlier in the season.

what kind of clan would accept the kind of scum of a person who would do that..

The Pizza said:
Can we move the trade deadline back to something like the middle of the tourney? Seems like week 2 is a bit early to have such a deadline.

Would the middle of the Round Robin stage, work? That way it is dependent on the number of teams entering, making it more flexible.

I locked the Pre-Season discussion thread to *hopefully* avoid further confusion between topics. Here is the last post from that thread.
Nord Champion said:
The Pizza said:
Nobody responded yes to divisions. Shouldn't that say something?

Only about four out of the whole community said "No", out right. One even said it depends on how many register. That's not the big issue, though, because I've said that I would probably drop divisions. I'll give everyone a straight answer though, divisions will be dropped.

The bigger issue is people's opinions on ties, which I've been wanting discussion about for about 30 days now starting with this post. Even then, I've been wanting to have a discussion about ties/divisions in this thread for 21 days now with the start of this post.
If you want to see other posts, go look at it.

ClockWise said:
yeah no divisions

Thanks for your input, but as I indicated before, that isn't a big issue anymore.

WWC OT rule:
Erminas said:
  • In the event of match being tied after both maps have been played,overtime maps rule will apply
  • Overtime rule:First map will be repeated(same spawns and factions teams picked),but this time instead of playing first to 4 rounds as one faction you will play first to 2 rounds then swap sides.After two Overtime Map Sets,second map will be played the same way as first one.In case that match is still tied process will be repeated till we get a winner

Also you could try the rule they use in NC,but in my opinion playing on Winterburg map is punishing teams that like more open type of maps.

Back
Top Bottom