[UNAC S3] Suggestions, Improvements and Announcements

Users who are viewing this thread

DG5_K1_Aw.png

NZk_Ew4_Z2d_H8snn1_Zhs_SQFT1an_Ciimn_Y7r_XIZk_GKk3_Lk.png

Post any suggestions you have for the admin team in this thread and we will discuss them here. You may also post things you would like to discuss at our next meeting(s).

I would suggest that invitations to the captains meeting be made to people who are leading teams that are in the tournament, and not forum personalities. I don't think BkS is coming back for this one, and I'm not going to make a team.

Bring back the UNAC Prize, I think it was a fun aspect of UNAC 1. Start to make all those threads that made UNAC 1 great. Threads such as team grades, predictions, maybe add some sort of betting system? I know players, not admins should be making some of those types of threads but I'm just posting what I thought was missing from UNAC 2.

Arys said:
Bring back the UNAC Prize, I think it was a fun aspect of UNAC 1. Start to make all those threads that made UNAC 1 great. Threads such as team grades, predictions, maybe add some sort of betting system? I know players, not admins should be making some of those types of threads but I'm just posting what I thought was missing from UNAC 2.
Where's Brutus? You want to donate another 50$  :lol:

Orion said:
I would suggest that invitations to the captains meeting be made to people who are leading teams that are in the tournament, and not forum personalities. I don't think BkS is coming back for this one, and I'm not going to make a team.

Thanks for your suggestion. It will be discussed by the admin team.

Arys said:

We currently are going to do a Power Ranking thread and a Prediction thread. We've also dabbled in the idea of a betting thread, but we'll look more into it. Thanks for suggesting!

Orion said:

Everyone invited was a team captain. Invited you because you had a hell of a lot of experience in leading successful tournaments in the past, and Rhade because, for all his flaws, he's remarkably good at actually getting progress against stalemate. The meeting that lead to the creation of UNAC was a pissing stalemate between myself and Calamity before he showed up, and I've credited a lot of the success we've had to him.

Arys said:
Bring back the UNAC Prize

Give me potential donors and we'll look into it.

team grades

What?

predictions

Will be done.

maybe add some sort of betting system?

Will be done.

Cradoc said:
Arys said:
Where's Brutus? You want to donate another 50$  :lol:
Yarp!

Perhaps a small prize for bet winners? Taking the idea from Nation's Cup, each interested player starts out with 1000 that can be used to bet on teams, each team having a different multiplier if they win (depends on team strength/ranking). At the end of the tourney, whoever has the most "money" wins the prize.

UNAC prize in season 1 was exciting too. But we'll have to see the number/amount of contribution to see if it's really worth it.

Arys said:
Eternal said:
Give me potential donors and we'll look into it.

Why not just make a prize pool thread, similar to what Juve did. I mean, it can't hurt.
No point in prize pool thread if no prospective donors. However, definitely looking like a possible. I'm going to look into it.

team grades

What?

I was referring to the thread that was made by Rhade in UNAC 1, it was a interesting thread.

That will also be back.

See, Arys? We're making your dreams come true.

Well, I'd be willing to donate. Yeah, looking forward to UNAC 3, you guys are doing great so far  :razz:

Another suggestion: Removal of divisions, I don't think it's necessary anymore. We don't have as many clans as we used to and it caused the tournament to end rather quickly. Only four teams were in D-A, I think if we just merged both divisions, everyone would have alot more fun. To address the point, which would probably be brought up about having a D-A & D-B prevents teams getting slammed. You can see in UNAC 2, that it didn't stop it at all, in both division their were huge losses.

I had considered doing another Prize Pool for UNAC 2, and actually had some plans in place to do so, but I then realized how short it was so there wasn't really enough time.

However, if finding prospective donors is a concern, I spent some time brainstorming how to promote the Prize Pool, as well as attract people to donate:

Raffle-Style Prize for Donors

One of my first ideas was that all donors who donate more than say $5.00 USD are entered into a draw to win a prize of their own. I was thinking something along the lines of an upcoming popular game, or maybe a $50.00 Steam Wallet. This would of course require someone to provide the prize for donors. I had also considered giving people the ability to enter their names into the draw more than once. For example, if they donate $12.00 USD they would be entered twice, or if they donate $16.00 they would be entered three times. So basically, their name is entered into the raffle for every accumulative $5.00 USD that they donate.

What would be absolute ideal is if a certain game developer *COUGH*TaleWorlds*COUGH* would be willing to donate something as the prize for this Donor Raffle, or whatever you might want to call it.

Approaching Sponsors

As we have seen with WNL this season, they actually have found themselves a sponsor, which is phreaking awesome. As stated in the WNL Sign Ups thread, "The winning team will receive Champions T-shirts courtesy of Phreaky."

It's not inconceivable for UNAC 3 to have something along the same lines. With some effort and a lot of asking around, I think we too could find a sponsor along the same lines.

Social Media

If you want people to donate to a prize pool, the more publicity the better. With the cooperation of people like Lust, we could have the prize pool advertised through Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. If we had some sort of Raffle/Draw like I explained, it would most likely benefit from this kind of stuff. I'm sure we could even approach guys like GamerDudester (Salahudin) or Eman to help publicize the prize pool and/or its associated Raffle/Draw.

This is basically the kind of stuff I had in mind for Season 2, but like I said it was far too short for any of this to have been possible. We need time for hype and advertisement if we want any of these kinds of things to work. Doing away with the divisions while keeping the teams' rankings would definitely help with giving the tournament more time for stuff like this, assuming all of the teams involved would be alright with a longer tournament.

Just my thoughts :smile:

Juvenile said:
For example, if they donate $12.00 USD they would be entered twice, or if they donate $16.00 they would be entered three times. So basically, their name is entered into the raffle for every accumulative $5.00 USD that they donate.

TIL, 12 and 16 are multiples of 5.

I do like the idea of small individual donations being incentivized by a raffle, though. That could actually work.

I think you misunderstood, or you're just being a Marnid. What I meant was if people go over $10.00 USD for example, they're entered twice.

DG5_K1_Aw.png

Annoucement

With the Tournament Rules and Registration threads up, sign-ups may begin. Sign-ups will close the week before the scheduled start date of UNAC S3.

ARTICLE II: MATCH RULES

[quote author=Rules]
11. Team's will not be allowed to call for a "Reset" if all their players have spawned for that round. Additionally, a player cannot switch to Spectator in an attempt to force the reset.
[/quote]

I don't see a reason for this. Let them have as many resets as they want, just don't stop the timer until it's actually live. If time goes beyond the allowed amount because of resets, take away the rounds from the resetting team. All I see happening with this rule is one player on the team goes naked great hammer because he assumes there will be a reset (because there's always a reset), and then he's forced to play live and the round is not an accurate reflection of who was playing better, but of which team had the least amount of 'trolly' players.

[quote author=Rules]
13. Tied rounds must be replayed.
[/quote]

Must they? How do you reset the money and equipment so it's the same as the previous round? Or are you saying that tied rounds don't count toward the score? Well of course they don't, tied rounds give 0 points and we play first to 4. Unnecessary and confusing rule.

ARTICLE III: ROUND ROBIN RULES

[quote author=Rules]
2. Teams will face an opponent each week and will have exactly one week from the posting of the weekly thread to complete it. Delays will be granted on a case by case basis. If a team is defeated in this stage, the move on to the next match, if there is any.
[/quote]

Small typo, should be "if a team is defeated in this stage, they move on to the next match, if there is any.

[quote author=Rules]
2. Rankings will be determined by the number of match wins.
[/quote]

The number 2 is repeated in this section. And the "what happens if match wins are tied" rule should go here, not tacked on to the next rule:

[quote author=Rules]
3. In the event of a tied match, the teams will not compete any further. Their scores will be calculated as is. In the event of tied match wins, round win/loss ratio will be the breaking factor.
[/quote]

Also, what happens if round win/loss ratio is tied? Oh, it's in the next rule, again...

[quote author=Rules]
4. In the event of a tied ranking , the team with the highest win/loss ratio will be the deciding factor. If the match wins are tied, then the team with the best round win/loss ratio will be chosen first. If all of this is tied then they'll have a special tiebreaker match.
[/quote]

What is a special tiebreaker match? What happens if that is a tie, which is allowed by the rules.

ARTICLE IV: SINGLE ELIMINATION RULES
[quote author=Rules]
4. In the event of a tied match, the teams will compete on a third map. A new duelist for each team will be chosen to duel for the map choice. The duel will be first to five. Faction picks are reset for this map. This map will be played as if it was any normal map.
[/quote]

As I believe was first argued by Mad Dawg at the first ever UNAC meeting, why is dueling such an important factor in these battle tournaments? The duel for first choice was sort of let go specifically because the other team would get a choice anyway. With this rule, the team with the better duelist gets to pick the tiebreaker map? The duel is now first to 5 instead of 2, which is much closer to an actual duel tournament match, and there's a possibility of 9 total duels. Between 2 relatively equally skilled duelists, 9 duels can take a long time.. AND this imbalances the number of maps picked by each team. If a team gets into a tie, they can win the duel and pick a map that lets them win, but at the cost of a map that no one else had to play. So that team will have less options when it comes to semi-finals and finals and what have you.  AND this tiebreaker map is played like any normal map, which can end in another tieWhat happens then? This rule seriously needs to be looked at.

Oh wait, again the rule is clarified by a later rule:
[quote author=Rules]
5. In the event of a tie on the third map, the match will need to be rescheduled.
[/quote]

No, find a condition where one team will win. Rescheduling usually means an entire week later, which tends to mean means different players, different maps, and two teams that are an entire week behind the schedule. Again this imbalances the whole map pick thing, and is very possible in ending in a tie again. Will it be rescheduled a second time then?

[quote author=rules]
6. Teams may not have player additions or substitutions in this stage.
[/quote]

I would just say "may not have player additions to their roster" and leave it at that. This makes it sound like you can't substitute players from your roster during a match.

ARTICLE V: PROMOTIONS

[quote author=Rules]
2. If a team is eliminated during the Round Robin, players of that team cannot compete in the Promotion bracket.
[/quote]

Unnecessary

[quote author=Rules]
4. In the event of a tied match, the teams will compete on a third map. A new duelist for each team will be chosen to duel for the map choice. The duel will be first to five. Faction picks are reset for this map. This map will be played as if it was any normal map.

5. In the event of a tie on the third map, the match will need to be rescheduled.

6. Teams may not have player additions or substitutions in this bracket.
[/quote]

Same problems as as the Single Elim

ARTICLE VI: TEAM RULES

[quote author=Rules]
1. Each team must represent at least one official NA clan, International (including NA) clan, or a reasonable organization. An official clan is one that has a TaleWorlds thread located in the Clan Hall and one that has an active member base (essentially, if the clan is not dead). A reasonable organization is, but not limited to, a country, a team from a previous tournament, a Free Agent team, and a group of casual players. There may be multiple teams representing one clan but only one vote will be rewarded for captain's meetings.
[/quote]

Is there anything that constitutes an unreasonable organization? Because if there isn't, this rule is unnecessary.

[quote author=Rules]
4. Teams can add or remove players until the final day of the Round Robin stage. When doing so, a team must wait 24 hours after posting the change before the changes take effect.
[/quote]

I personally think removing the 24 hour thing would solve all the "free agent/mercenary" problems we were arguing about before, although the argument against removing it was that opposing teams had a right to know who was on the roster they were facing.

ARTICLE VII: RULE VIOLATIONS AND DISRUPTIONS
[quote author=Rules]
3. Violations and Cheats:
-The exploitation of maps will result in the forfeiture of all rounds within the current set by the offending party (4-0).  Said exploitation will include the abuse of mechanics to see through walls. Any rounds that were won within the set prior to this violation will be discarded.

-Any unfair altering of game files, joining of another team's voice communication to gather information, or any other severe forms of cheating will result in the expulsion of the offending player from the current and future seasons.
[/quote]

As I've said before, if you edit the maps to remove wallhacks, this wouldn't be a problem. I still find it very difficult to believe that one person watching the match will be able to identify all of the times when people are wallhacking, especially when you consider how often people tend to simply hug walls on closed maps because it's safer.

And what counts as unfair altering of game files? I don't use the Native targeting reticle, is that cheating? Is altering the coloration of players heads to make them easier to shoot cheating? Is using a bannerpack with distinct banners cheating?

And who is expulsed (exploded?) if a team captain orders a player to cheat. The player or the captain or both?

CREDITS:
[quote author=Rules]
Credits: Kherven, Calamity, and Ghaern for most of the core rules from Season 1 and Season 2.
[/quote]

Small typo, should be "Credits: The Entire NA community for core rules from Season 1 and 2. Big thanks to administrators of previous seasons for keeping things running", or something along those lines.

Mr.X said:
[quote author=Rules]
1. Each team must represent at least one official NA clan, International (including NA) clan, or a reasonable organization. An official clan is one that has a TaleWorlds thread located in the Clan Hall and one that has an active member base (essentially, if the clan is not dead). A reasonable organization is, but not limited to, a country, a team from a previous tournament, a Free Agent team, and a group of casual players. There may be multiple teams representing one clan but only one vote will be rewarded for captain's meetings.
Is there anything that constitutes an unreasonable organization? Because if there isn't, this rule is unnecessary.
[/quote]
Yeah, this rule does not make sense to me. Our second team wouldn't get any captain representation unless we kick them out of our clan or they make up another organization to represent? lol. I thought we were trying to encourage more teams or..?

I don't think clan ties are relevant at all to the tourney.

Mr.X said:
ARTICLE II: MATCH RULES

[quote author=Rules]
11. Team's will not be allowed to call for a "Reset" if all their players have spawned for that round. Additionally, a player cannot switch to Spectator in an attempt to force the reset.

I don't see a reason for this. Let them have as many resets as they want, just don't stop the timer until it's actually live. If time goes beyond the allowed amount because of resets, take away the rounds from the resetting team. All I see happening with this rule is one player on the team goes naked great hammer because he assumes there will be a reset (because there's always a reset), and then he's forced to play live and the round is not an accurate reflection of who was playing better, but of which team had the least amount of 'trolly' players. [/quote]

Matches already start insanely late. It's either waiting for people to show up to a match that's already been scheduled, taking too long in the duel phase or, as you said - trolly players going naked when the first round should be starting. The 9 and 9:30 start time is actually prime family time for people on the west coast. Having to delay my evening and the match so heehaw and ****around gang can get all out of their system is what is truly pointless.

On time, on task on target.

And besides, is anyone really going to say,..."wait wait wait. We win now because you guys wasted three rounds tk'ing each other at the start."? No, they won't. So matches will continue to start late. The point of this is fun and organized competition. It's no fun having somebody waste my time, and being organized means having your players ready.

Back
Top Bottom